The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2017, 02:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks eya! And I just love that picture.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

My favorite too ROYAL NORWAY!!

Both Christmas and May 17, it is only once a year. Every day until Christmas Eve we look back at one of the highlights of the year we soon leave behind. Here is a picture from the palace balkon during this year's celebration of national day. Hipp hipp hurra!

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...3d&oe=5ACFDE7F

Old 12-13-2017, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Interesting read, Royal Norway.

I'm not sure the public would appreciate a critical programme of the NRF at this time of year.
But if it's balanced and mentioning the controversies there have been over the year perhaps with a few comments, I think that's fine. Otherwise such a review may be too sugar coated. And royals are humans too, they make mistakes. That's what IMO makes them authentic to the public.
However, I don't think the review itself should be critical. - That's for another time.

What do you think the CP-couple should do to redress the problems they, at least in your opinion, have?
Old 12-14-2017, 01:44 AM
Administrator

For December 14, photos of Queen Sonja opening one of the world's steepest gondolas/cable cars have been released. She opened the cable car in Nordfjord in May, it takes travellers from 'fjord to sky' in five minutes:

** Photos **
Old 12-15-2017, 01:19 AM
Administrator

For the calendar entry for December 15 photos of the Bergen festival in May were chosen:

** Photos **
Old 12-16-2017, 03:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Every day until Christmas Eve we look back at some of the highlights of the year we soon leave behind. This summer Oscarshall was filled with cultural experiences for the whole family. Kultur-Norge joined forces to make a great gift for Queen's 80th birthday. The performances were named "Summer at Oscarshall Culture Palace" The audience could choose from more than 40 different performances. Among the smallest, the Riksteateret was its installation of Karius and Baktus one of the most popular."

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...f5&oe=5AD7574E
Old 12-17-2017, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Every day until Christmas Eve we look back at some of the year's highlights. In June, the royal couple launched a journey inland in connection with its 80th anniversary. During the period from 11 to 14 June, the royal couple visited Hamar, Tingnes, Cape, Gjøvik, Lillehammer, Kvamsfjellet, Nord-Odal and Kongsvinger. Children, flags, folk parties and cultural experiences stood in line. An extra stas was to be shipped over Mjøsa with beautiful Skibladner. Here from arrival to Hamar."

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...89&oe=5AC4CDF3
https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...7a&oe=5ACF2577
https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...bd&oe=5ABA5966
https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...30&oe=5AD2D26E
Old 12-18-2017, 01:34 AM
Administrator

The entry for December 18 is showing a photo of Queen Sonja at the opening of the Momentum, the nordic biennial of contemporary art, in Moss in June:

** Photo **
Old 12-19-2017, 01:19 AM
Administrator

For December 19 a photo of Mette-Marit and Haakon was chosen. It shows them during one of their county trips visiting the Tautra Mariakloster (monastery) in Nord-Trøndelag in September where they inspected the soap production:

** Photo **
Old 12-20-2017, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Today's calendar entry shows three photos of Mette-Marit attending an apple picking event for Save the Children in September:

** Photos **
Old 12-21-2017, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Three photos have been shared for December 21, they show this year's formal State Opening of the Storting (Parliament) in October:

"I welcome the Parliament to responsible work and wish it may benefit the motherland", King Harald traditionally says during his speech.

** Photos **
Old 12-22-2017, 01:32 AM
Administrator

December 22 is marked with 5 photos of the unveiling of two new sculptures at the Princess Ingrid Alexandra's Sculpture Park in October.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra attended it together with Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Marit:

** Photos **
Old 12-23-2017, 03:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Soon it's Christmas! Every day until Christmas Eve we look back at the small and big highlight of the year we soon leave behind. October 10th, the Crown Princess took the trip to Hokksund in the Upper Eiker municipality. The reason was that the volunteer corps in the municipality filled 10 years. 95 year old Ester Steingrimsen was happy to attend the celebration!"

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...7b&oe=5AD291FC
Old 12-24-2017, 02:30 AM
Administrator

December 24 and the Royal Family is wishing a Merry Christmas with three photos of the Christmas photo session:

** Photos **
Old 12-28-2017, 06:42 AM
Royal Highness

The year with the royal family by NRK, 2017:

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/aaret-med-ko...417/27-12-2017
Old 12-29-2017, 07:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
The year with the royal family by NRK, 2017:

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/aaret-med-ko...417/27-12-2017
I wish I could read Norwegian. I have never seen these photos of Q Maud! Still wowed by her tiny waist.
Just watch some translated clips/gifs about the birthday gala, I love "why aren't Swedes faster on their skis?" from Sverre Magnus and Astrid-Mette-Marit's puppy the most.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

Lovely indeed,especially the private photos and video! And what a good idea to interview Their Majesties in the Royal Stable,now Queen Sonjas Art Stable!
Old 12-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Majesty

The Dutch media show a clip of Leah interviewing Princess Beatrix during the banquet:

https://www.ed.nl/buitenland/unieke-...tje~vabb1ed7a/
Old 12-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

At least now we know why the crownprince has shortly shaved off his beard...! :-D
Old 12-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I have received some PMs about this program and the Christmas celebrations of the royal family, but due to some personal stuff (something positive BTW), I have not been active here since December 22.

Continuation of post 19 where I wrote about the changes of the program ''The year with the Royal Family:

Was the program more critical of the monarchy than before? No, but it was more balanced.

Did NRK's royal correspondent Kristi Marie Skrede (the new presenter/interviewer and Project Manager of this program) do a good job? IMO, no, she didn't.

Why? Because it was messy and manny of the King and Queen and the CP couple's most important engagements wasn't even included in the program.

BTW, some happy news: I've heard that the (very pro-monarchy) former presenter/interviewer and Project Manager of this program Nadia Hasnaoui will be back next year.

Royal Central article about some of the stuff who was revealed and talked about in the program:
Norway’s Prime Minister revealed King Harald’s secret holiday – Royal Central
Quote:
Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg revealed where King Harald celebrated his 80th birthday. This was first reported yesterday by Norwegian state television NRK. When King Harald on 21 February this year turned 80-years-old, the King was on a private holiday with his family in South Africa. It was, at this point, a well-kept secret where the King was, as the King wanted to celebrate his birthday privately without photographers and the media.

On the same day, Prime Minister Erna Solberg was at the Royal Palace in Oslo together with the President of Parliament to write their congratulations to the King. When the Prime Minister waited for Parliament’s president to write his greetings, she spoke to the King’s adjutant. In front of NRK and NTB’s photographers, the Prime Minister said, “So you did not join them in South Africa.”

The adjutant was surprised by the Prime Minister’s statement and said briefly “No” before looking at the press. NRK and NTB decided not to publish the information before the Norwegian Royal Family had returned to Norway. The fact that the Prime Minister revealed the information by accident was first published yesterday.
Read the whole article for more information (including what the King said about it).

Here are the private photos from the South Africa trip:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSJ3CazWsAAd0K9.jpg

https://twitter.com/europesqueen/sta...89321111785472

https://twitter.com/europesqueen/sta...89826043080704

NRK article with two quotes translated by me:
https://www.nrk.no/norge/kongeparet-...nok-1.13836165
Quote:
"No, we shall have it so big," says King Harald, smiling to the NRK while keeping his fingers close to each other to show the size of the planned golden wedding anniversary.

Last year, King Harald and Queen Sonja celebrated 25 years on the throne with different selections over several months. Among other things, there was a ski-party at the palace square, a ten-day anniversary trip to six counties along Norway's coast, and a garden party in the Castle Park.

This year there has been a major celebration of the 80th birthdays of the King and Queen.
Quote:
Q: But isn't that the really big jubilee?

"Yes, for us" said King Harald, smiling.

"And for the family,'' Queen Sonja says.

According to the royal couple, there will be a muted golden wedding celebration with the closest family.

"It will be very down, I think," said the Queen.

Q: Why?

"We think we have celebrated so much now," said the King and Queen at the same time, laughing loudly, before Queen Sonja said:

''Enough is enough''.
A summary of some of the other stuff from that article:

When two Majesties celebrates their round (means milestone) birthdays, there are many who want to attend the party. The 80th birthdays of the King and Queen was celebrated with, among other things, a gala dinner at the Palace and a banquet in the Opera, but also with the people.

In June, the King and Queen went on an anniversary trip in Hedmark and Oppland.

The King said: "We have come closer to the people."

By me: Most experts don't agree with him in this. - Why? Because he was already so close to the people as you can be.

The King said that he thinks it's an advantage that there is not so much distance between the royal family and the people.

"We have the advantage here in this country that we have no nobility, so we get very close to the Norwegian people," he says.

By me: I agree with him (as I usually doe).

https://www.nrk.no/norge/her-er-jule...ker-1.13839448
Quote:
Most families have their Christmas traditions that they hold on to year after year. The royal couple, who has been married for 50 years next year, has collected most of their family traditions from King Harald.

Among other things, Queen Maud's Plum pudding which she brought with her from her native England.

"Which none of us likes," the King said in an interview with NRK.
Quote:
Everyone in the family is not so excited about one of Christmas's main courses either.

"It's the Lutefisk that only half of us like," says King Harald.

''But as some of us like,'' Queen Sonja replies.

Q: So, it's like families most?

''Yes, absolutely. There is something from England, something from Denmark and something from Sweden,'' says the Queen.
Read about Lutefisk here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ecial%3ASearch

https://www.nrk.no/norge/kronprinses...itt-1.13837837
Quote:
"I made an effort to get Skaugum plastic free last year, and it didn't went very well. I think it was incredibly difficult. It was an experiment to see how ordinary consumers can avoid using plastic,'' says Crown Princess Mette-Marit to NRK.

The Crown Princess has long had an environmental commitment, and both she and others in the royal family have repeatedly helped to pick plastic and other trash along Norwegian beaches.
Quote:
Whale with the belly full of plastic became a wake-up call.

A sick whale stranded on Sotra outside Bergen in late January, became a wake-up call to many. The wildlife committee eventually had to kill the animal, the first Cuvier's beaked whale documented in Norway.

"It was not a beautiful sight. I think it's become a wake-up call for many, "says King Harald, who has seen the increasing plastic pollution in the ocean when he's sailing and is worried about the developments.

''It's scary. We must hope that we are waking up to a common goal, all together," said Queen Sonja.