Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Norway - March 20-22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To wrap up the visit, Prince Charles and Camilla visited Museum of Decorative Arts and Design, accompanied by King Harald and Queen Sonja.
The Duchess of Cornwall and Queen Sonja also visited Ullevaal Hospital where they talked to cancer patients including Ingar Roggen.
Meanwhile, Prince Charles and King Harald visited the Norwegian research ship "Brennholm" which is moored in Bergen
Almost immediately afterwards, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall departed for Sweden.
I have to say, the Norwegian Royal Family proved itself to be a brilliant host! :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the videos, fairy tale! :flowers:

A nice article about the tour: Prince Charles, Camilla begin Scandinavia tour
There, they were introduced to members of the Labor Party's youth league, which was holding a summer camp on the island of Utoya when right-wing extremist Anders Behring Breivik gunned down 69 people on July 22. A few hours earlier, he had killed eight people in a car bomb attack on government buildings in Oslo centre.
A crowd of some 100 people cheered when the royals' car pulled up at the centre, some waving Union Jacks and shouting "Camilla, Camilla" in the bright spring sunshine. Inside, they met about a dozen survivors who had revisited the island after the killings.
"It was very brave of you," Camilla told a group of them. "The most important thing is to be able to talk about it, and talking to each other, between yourselves." Eskil Pedersen, the 28-year-old leader of the youth league, described the meeting with Charles and Camilla as "pleasant," adding that they were "warm, well-informed, informal" and had paid attention to them.

This gallery has great photos. The best for me is the one with the King and Queen saying good bye to Charles and Camilla. It really is two friends saying good bye to other two friends rather than heads of state saying good bye to a foreign crown prince couple. And to me that says everything about this trip: friends visiting friends and all of them enjoying it. :)

I'm really happy to see this since Norway and UK are the two countries I have a secret passion for (perhaps, not so secret)

Camilla looks older Sonia, maybe because of dress

How exciting for you and what great photos, especially of Camilla! You had a really good vantage point.

Last edited:
Such wonderful experience, Sichelle! Thank you for sharing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom