The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Summer Holiday in Corsica: 2012

Pictures of the NRF at their summer holiday in Corsica. Seems they are there altogether
MYROYALS: HOL

Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

MM is going straight from one holiday to another. Not very flattering pictures of her when smoking on the beach.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Royal Highness

I love this family. By the photos I could see that princess Martha Louise and her daughters were there too.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Serene Highness

Any info about where they are in Corsica? I see, they are there with the Norge. How many days need this ship from Norway til Corsica? The royals travel from Oslo with the Norge or they travel by plane to Corsica?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Courtier

Dear Lawd ... is that the back of Queen Sonja in a bikini? Sorry, but I don't think that a 75-year-old woman can carry off a bikini ... btw, neither can her 30-something-year-old daughter-in-law. ;(
Old 07-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Mette-Marit put on flesh a bit (saying in a gentle way).
Ingrid-Alexandra is very brave - she jumps from such a height.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Mette-Marit put on flesh a bit (saying in a gentle way).
Ingrid-Alexandra is very brave - she jumps from such a height.

I think the girl who jumps is the eldest daughter of Princess Martha Louise, Maud Angelica
Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Look like they are all having a good time. The Queen looks fantastic, if I was 75 and looked that good, I might think about rocking a bikini too! MM, she doesn't look terrible, but a one piece might cover up the "pooch". And my gracious, Haakon is HOT! That man is way too handsome.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Haakon is a gorgeous hunk of man lol! Mette Marit has the extra pooch that many women (not all) have after having children, but I think she looks great. I love that they're all there together (though no pictures of King Harald).
Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Courtier

I would respectfully disagree with the comments about MM. She looks great, and most would be ecstatic to have a figure like hers because she looks like a real, and healthy, woman.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I see nothing wrong with Mette-Marit's figure as well; she looks healthy and lovely. Not everyone wants to or can be stick-thin.
Nice to see the royal family, including Martha Louise's family, relaxing together.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't put bikini when I have rollers on my belly. Just a confirmation of facts.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Courtier

I think Mette Marit looks fine and healthy. A lot of that abdominal 'pooch' would magically disappear if she'd stand up straight, (and I say that as someone with horrible posture myself).
Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Only women who look at the pages of Vogue and think the models represent a normal healthy woman would think MM is overweight.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Nobility

Is Mette-Marit pregnant? I saw a picture of her in a bikini cradling her stomach today, and wondered. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nOjcBmOJP6.../s1600/egt.jpg

Poor woman probably just ate a big lunch or something, and I'm jumping to conclusions. I'm glad no one takes pictures of me at the beach! :-)
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Is Mette-Marit pregnant? I saw a picture of her in a bikini cradling her stomach today, and wondered. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nOjcBmOJP6.../s1600/egt.jpg

Poor woman probably just ate a big lunch or something, and I'm jumping to conclusions. I'm glad no one takes pictures of me at the beach! :-)
Even I would be very pleased if Mette-Marit were pregnant, but I doubt that a child is on the way. The Norwegian Royal Court might have announced it.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Are they OK with photographers taking their pictures on a private holiday? Either someone was on their boat taking sanctioned photos or this was another long-distance lens. I say this in context of the William and Kate honeymoon photos and the furor over breach of privacy.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Why would MM wanna cover up her pooch? She's on vacation, relaxing and just having some nice time with the family, it's not like she's walking the cat walk or anything. I think it's really inspirational to see a Princess who isn't all skin and bones.
What lovely pictures of the family, looks like they're having fun.

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

I loved the photographs and MM looks super. She is a real woman, not something out of a fashion magazine page. Good for her to wear a bikini, here in Rio even old ladies do.
Haakon must be one of the best looking royal males around and the children seem like they are having lots of fun.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Dear Lawd ... is that the back of Queen Sonja in a bikini? Sorry, but I don't think that a 75-year-old woman can carry off a bikini ... btw, neither can her 30-something-year-old daughter-in-law. ;(
I don't agree at all. ANY WOMAN who want to should wear a bikini. Above all a woman of 75 years of age who has still such a great figure as the Queen has.

And as for Mette-Marit, I agree with most of the posters. She is almost 40 years of age and has a fantastic body. She looks beautiful.