State Visits to Slovenia and Croatia - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Programm for the State Visit to Slovenia:

mediaLine_large.gif

Welcoming Ceremony
State visit to Slovenia: His Excellency President Danilo Türk and Ms Barbara Miklič Türk officially welcome Their Majesties The King and Queen to Slovenia at Brdo Castle outside Ljubljana.
mediaLine_large.gif

Plenary meeting
State visit to Slovenia: His Majesty The King and His Excellency President Danilo Türk preside over a plenary meeting of the delegations.

Plečnik House
State visit to Slovenia: Her Majesty the Queen visits the museum Plečnik House.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Meeting
State visit to Slovenia: His Majesty The King meets with the President of the National Assembly, His Excellency Dr. Pavel Gantar.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Meeting
State visit to Slovenia: His Majesty The King meets with the Prime minister of Slovenia, His Excellency Mr. Borut Pahor.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Ljubljana Town hall
State visit to Slovenia: Their Majesties The King and Queen visit the Ljubljana Town hall and meet with Mayor Zoran Janković and Ms Mija Janković.
mediaLine_large.gif

City walk in Ljubljana
State visit to Slovenia: Their Majesties The King and Queen are accompanied on a walk through the historical centre of Ljubljana.
mediaLine_large.gif

Gala banquet
State visit to Slovenia: Their Majesties The King and Queen attend a banquet hosted by His Excellency President Danilo Türk and Ms Barbara Miklič Türk at Brdo Castle.

mediaLine_large.gif

Business seminar
State visit to Slovenia: His Majesty The King and His Excellency President Danilo Türk open a business seminar and meet with Norwegian and Slovenian business leaders.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Institute for Rehabilitation
State visit to Slovenia: Their Majesties The King and Queen visit the University Institute for Rehabilitation of the Republic of Slovenia (SOČA.)
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Radovljica
State visit to Slovenia: Their Majesties The King and Queen visit Radovljica in the Gorenjska region.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Official Luncheon
State visit to Slovenia: Their Majesties The King and Queen attend an official luncheon hosted by His Excellency President Danilo Türk and Ms Barbara Miklič Türk at Villa Bled.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Norwegian business delegation
State visit to Slovenia: Their Majesties The King and Queen meet with the Norwegian business delegation.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Official dinner
State visit to Slovenia: Their Majesties The King and Queen attend an official dinner hosted by the Norwegian Ambassador, H.E. Ms Guro Vikør.

Programm for the State Visit to Croatia:

Welcoming Ceremony
State visit to Croatia: His Excellency President Ivo Josipović and Ms Tatjana Josipović officially welcome Their Majesties The King and Queen to Croatia outside the Presidential palace in Zagreb.

Plenary meeting
State visit to Croatia: His Majesty The King and His Excellency President Ivo Josipović head a bilateral meeting between the delegations.

Villa Prekrižje
State visit to Croatia: Her Majesty The Queen visits the Villa Prekrižje.
mediaLine_large.gif

Official Luncheon
State visit to Croatia: Their Majesties The King and Queen attend an official luncheon hosted by His Excellency President Ivo Josipović and Ms Tatjana Josipović at the Presidential palace.
mediaLine_large.gif

Official Luncheon
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince hosts an official luncheon with UNDP Administrator Helen Clark (12:15).
mediaLine_large.gif

Mimara Museum
State visit to Croatia: Her Majesty The Queen officially opens an exhibition at the Mimara art museum.
mediaLine_large.gif

Meeting
State visit to Croatia: His Majesty The King meets with the President of the National Assembly, His Excellency Mr Luka Bebić.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Meštrović Gallery
State visit to Croatia: Her Majesty The Queen visits the Meštrović Gallery.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Meeting
State visit to Croatia: His Majesty The King meets with the Prime minster of Croatia, Her Excellency Ms Jadranka Kosor.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Official banquet
State visit to Croatia: Their Majesties The King and Queen attend an official dinner hosted by Her Excellency Prime minister Jadranka Kosor.

mediaLine_large.gif

Council of State

His Royal Highness The Crown Prince Regent presides over the Council of State at the Royal Palace (11:00).
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

iNAVIS
State visit to Croatia: Their Majesties The King and Queen visit iNAVIS Innovation Centre in Šibenik.
mediaLine_large.gif

Prgin Nautical Centre

State visit to Croatia: Their Majesties The King and Queen visit Prgin Nautical Centre.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

St. Jacob's Cathedral
State visit to Croatia: Their Majesties The King and Queen visit the St. Jacob's Cathedral in the historical centre of Šibenik.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Official Luncheon
State visit to Croatia: Their Majesties The King and Queen attend an official luncheon hosted by the Mayor of Šibenik.

The Queen looked great at the dinner gala, that is one huge lovely tiara.

:sad:I can't open the pictures from the gala and wasn't able to find some tiara pictures anywhere else.

I can't open the gala pictures either. :sad:

Thanks, fairy tale! I love Sonja's hair from the back.

(I just noticed that these might be the same as posted before by Her_Majesty.)

Yes, these are the same pictures. :flowers::flowers:

Too bad the links broke down... if anyone is interested in seeing the pictures anyway, have a look here:
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp/apa/de/home.html
Just search for King Harald and/or Queen Sonja to see the pictures.:flowers:

LJUBLJANA , SLOVENIA 20110510. Norwegian King Harald and Queen Sonja (picture) at a reception in Ljubljana Castle in Ljubljana during a State Visit to Slovenia Tuesday May 10, 2011. Foto: Lise Aserud / Scanpix Norway
http://img244.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51888_15591370_122_467lo.jpg
http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51889_15591376_122_178lo.jpg
http://img154.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51893_15591382_122_189lo.jpg
http://img276.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51893_15591378_122_49lo.jpg
http://img207.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51891_15591372_122_405lo.jpg
anp

Last edited:
Thanks you! I'm glad to see the gala pics now. I'm not fond of the Malteser tiara, but HM had a really nice hairstyle with it.

Me neither, but I found other pictures of this gala evening and close-ups of the tiara:
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4

Wow, I do not remember, that the tiara is so impressive, as she wears it so seldom.... pretty impressive central stone from the central cross element.... is it just the light or are some of the stones yellowish?
Great hairdo, fits perfect
BYe Bine

How could a Royal-Fan not like this regal and impressive diademe?!
It´s beautiful and awsome. Pity the Queen doesn´t use this piece more often!

Me neither, but I found other pictures of this gala evening and close-ups of the tiara:
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4

Wow, I do not remember, that the tiara is so impressive, as she wears it so seldom.... pretty impressive central stone from the central cross element.... is it just the light or are some of the stones yellowish?
Great hairdo, fits perfect
BYe Bine
I also thought that the central stone of the middle cross as well as some other big stones in the other crosses looked slightly yellow. Unfortunately I haven't seen other good quality colour pics of the crosses to compare them.

I'm not a fan of Sonja's outfit here. It's a little too shiny and metallic.

I wonder where Their Majesties have been yesterday - did they return home to Norway in the meantime or spend a private day off somewhere down there (they also spent their 40th wedding anniversary in Croatia!)?

I wonder where Their Majesties have been yesterday - did they return home to Norway in the meantime or spend a private day off somewhere down there (they also spent their 40th wedding anniversary in Croatia!)?
I cannot imagine they returned to Norway for one day (especially because of the geographical closeness of Slovenia and Croatia. I guess they either stayed in Slovenia, or they already travelled to Croatia... but it's not known, so be can only speculate. ;)

Rally boring that there was no tiara-dinner-show-off-event !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom