State Visit from Vietnam, June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahato

Commoner
City
Oslo
Country
Norway
According to the official programme for the Norwegian Royal Family, will Their Majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja host a State Visit from Vietnam on 5 - 6 June.

I am rather surprised about this State Visit.

Didn't they announce (by the beginning of the year) there is only going to be one outgoing State Visit (the current one to Portugal) and one incomming State Visit (from Ireland) this year?

Nice surprise anyway. :flowers:

does it mean that there will be a gala-evening and tiaras? BTW what is the difference between state and official visits?

Normally the one from Vietnam, i think maybe just an official visit, considering those ones have been made over the years to countries under monarchy. I do not expect it could not be a higher level with Tiaras or so. But there might be, i'm not too sure.

does it mean that there will be a gala-evening and tiaras? BTW what is the difference between state and official visits?
State Visits usually always include a State Banquet (for which the Royals wear orders and Tiaras).

Official Visits mostly have an "official dinner" or something which are usually black-tie (non-Tiara) dinners.
Usually a Monrach just pays(and recieves) only one State Visit to (from) a special country during his reign.
So, for example:
During his reign King Harald only recieved one State Visit from Spain and only payed one State Visit to Spain. The next possible Norwegian State Visit to Spain will be under the next King's (Haakon's) reign.

The Royal Calendar says that this is going to be a Statsbesøk (so, a State Visit).
When the Royal Couple payed their outgoing State Visit to Vietnam there has also been a StateBanquet with Tiaras.. so I guess this one will offer some Tiaras as well.;)

Last edited:
State Visits usually always include a State Banquet (for which the Royals wear orders and Tiaras).

The Royal Calendar says that this is going to be a Statsbesøk (so, a State Visit).
When the Royal Couple payed their outgoing State Visit to Vietnam there has also been a StateBanquet with Tiaras.. so I guess this one will offer some Tiaras as well.;)
Then you might be right, Her_Majesty, because as a Vietnamese myself, and reading on Vietnamese newspaper, it is just stated as an Official Visit, so i did not think it as one with Tiaras offered for the State Banquet.

Official Visits mostly have an "official dinner" or something which are usually black-tie (non-Tiara) dinners.
Usually a Monrach just pays(and recieves) only one State Visit to (from) a special country during his reign.
So, for example:
During his reign King Harald only recieved one State Visit from Spain and only payed one State Visit to Spain. The next possible Norwegian State Visit to Spain will be under the next King's (Haakon's) reign.

thanks a lot Her_Majesty. so lets hope for an interesting events and dinner. :flowers:

there will be a visit to new opera of Q. Sonja and first lady of Vietnam.
they seem to put a lot of attention to this new opera house.

there will be a visit to new opera of Q. Sonja and first lady of Vietnam.
they seem to put a lot of attention to this new opera house.
Yes, I am glad they found a new thing for the Ladies... during the past events the Ladies usually always used to visit the Munch museum. The Queen must have seen it more then 100 times by now. :D

Do Crown Prince and Crown Princess participate in welcoming ceremony and gala dinner? they usually do that but there is no such information on their scedule for tomorrow. :ermm:

They are never listed, it is always just "the King and Queen host...."
Im sure they will be there for the welcomming ceremony, gala dinner and govements lunch the next day. This visit do not have an return reception and the recpetion would anyhow clash with the Bislett games which is almost always attended by member of the royal family.

Vietnamese president Nguyen Minh Treet (foreground right) stands alongside King Harald of Norway (directly behind him) during welcoming ceremonies at the Royal Palace in Oslo June 5th 2008 at the start of a two day state visit to Norway. Behind them are from left Crownprince Haakon, Mrs Tran Thi Kim Chi, Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

http://i26.tinypic.com/okagcx.jpg
ANP

The Mette's dress just isn't flattering at all.
Her hat-piece is new. Don't know what to think about it.

Here's a first little gallery:
BelgaPicture - Category details

Last edited:
I really like the Queen's look. Yellow suits her really good (at least a soft shade of yellow... I shouldn't say "yellow" too loud in that thread);).
And, oha: a normal hat! well done! :lol:

Gallery of the Welcoming Ceremony:
Se bildene fra statsbesøket - Vårt Land - vl.no

sofajr said:
(why the queen and vietnam first lady hold hands?)
maybe it's just a friendly gesture. Quite cute, imo. :)

Last edited:
I really like the Queen's look. Yellow suits her really good (at least a soft shade of yellow... I shouldn't say "yellow" too loud in that thread);).
And, oha: a normal hat! well done! :lol:

Gallery of the Welcoming Ceremony:
Se bildene fra statsbesøket - Vårt Land - vl.no

maybe it's just a friendly gesture. Quite cute, imo. :)

I didn't know they are friends or close enough to hold hands. I find it weard. especially for two First ladies during the state visit :eek:

Actually I was reading at another board that Queen Sofia of Spain sometimes also holds hands with special guests. This has been the first time Queen Sonja did so (at least that I can remember).

I think both The Queen and the Crown Princess look lovely. I like Crown Princess Mette Marit's hair these days, and it's always nice to see her out and about. It's also nice to see Princess Astrid as well.

Statsbesøk i sommervarme - VG Nett

A link, in Norwegian, about how the warm weather and stinging sun caused some trouble and unease for the guards. Poor fellas, the weather has been very warm, at least in eastern Norway the past weeks.

Don't you think that the King need new longer sash?

MetteMarit I like her very much but this white outfit dosn't look good on her. She seems to be bigger than normally. The colour of her headwear looks similar to her hair (depend of light).

The dress has an elegant cut, but it's getting boring to see HM once again with that dress. And even with that tiara - the same dress & tiara also for the last State Banquet in Oslo (for the Brazilian President).

MM's green dress looks lovely on her!!! This is a great colour on her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom