State Visit from Vietnam, June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:cry: Oh man... the yellow nightmare ... :cry:

The yellow suit this morning was so lovely... but I somehow feared she would wear that dress again tonight. Somehow I still had hope that someone broke into the palace, robbed the dress and burned it. I see... it didn't happen...

MM's green dress.. it's nice. But I am still in a too deep shock now. I'll come back and comment on it later. :lol:

Edit: Okay I somehow manage to soften the blow..
and had a second look at all dresses... and I am quite diappointed...

I was disappointed by the Queen because she looked so pretty during the day, but ruined it by wearing that yellow dress (and that Star Wars Tiara) again.. ...

What did Princess Astrid wear?? This dress is really ugly!

I am a little disappointed that MM altered the green dress. I liked the version of the dress she wore at the HENNE cover much better. What's that blue belt thing?
Green dress with blue details... red sash ,... and Amethyst Jewels.. too many colors for my taste.
Anyway she was best dressed tonight.

Last edited:
Mette-Marit looked really stunning in her green dress. I liked the change of it - it made the dress, which was fine before, more interesting, in my opinion.

There could have been a bit more shape to Princess Astrid's dress, but otherwise, I like what she's wearing. It suits her body-shape, her overall looks, and her age.

Tomorrow the Crown Prince and the President will be at a Business seminar, whereas the King will have his council of State instead of accompanying them.

I too, like the dress the Crown Princess is wearing, and I think the way she wore it at the gala as opposed to the photoshoot fitted the ocation.

Princess Astrid looks so happy, and I love the picture of her and the Crown Prince in the link that Atene posted. Such a radigant smile.

Sigh, sigh, sigh.... I wish king Harald would take that yellow dress of his wife and put it in the fire place of the palace, get a light and let it go up in smoke!!! How many times has she worn it by now?

Mette-Marit seems to have a new necklace, or did anybody see it before?

Marengo said:
I wish king Harald would take that yellow dress of his wife and put it in the fire place of the palace, get a light and let it go up in smoke!!!
I would offer him my help! And I guess you too. :D

Marengo said:
Mette-Marit seems to have a new necklace, or did anybody see it before?
The necklace belongs to the Amethyst Tiara/necklace.
she usually used to wear an altered version of it...
You can see a few pictures here.

Sure, I would poke up the fire while adding some extra fuel to make sure the thing is burnt to the last fiber!

--

Thanks for the link to the necklace, it is a nice piece. Was it just worn by Mette-Marit or also by the Queen?

Thanks for the link to the necklace, it is a nice piece. Was it just worn by Mette-Marit or also by the Queen?
The Queen also used to wear it. Here's a link.
But it seems to be even another altered version.
So, possibly the version of the necklace MM wore last night is a "newly altered" one.

The Queen also used to wear it. Here's a link.
But it seems to be even another altered version.
So, possibly the version of the necklace MM wore last night is a "newly altered" one.

Let´s hope the Queen never wears it again by now! :bang:
Modesty is nice, but enough is enough.
The Cr.princess looked really lovely.

Aren´t there any bigger and better pictures of the visit?

Sorry, but I must disagree with some posters who think that MM looks good. Sadly, her style is generally poor and inconsistent. I just don't understand how an attractive and well-built woman with access to any designer in the world, could look so poor. She's good friends with both Marie Chantal and Mary ... apparently, she can't see the difference! :bang:

You see... I'll never understand that: Today Queen Sonja looked great again.
Lovely combination of colors. I like her outfit alot!
So... I always wonder how it's possible to have a good tatse in daytime fashion... but nearly no taste for galawear. ;)

Sorry, but I must disagree with some posters who think that MM looks good. Sadly, her style is generally poor and inconsistent. I just don't understand how an attractive and well-built woman with access to any designer in the world, could look so poor. She's good friends with both Marie Chantal and Mary ... apparently, she can't see the difference! :bang:

how is that makes difference?If Mette-Marit never knew CP Mary or Marie Chantal (BTW are they fashion icons? :eek:) it'd be ok that she wear clothes people not sutisfied with?
Mette-Marit has a lot of great dresses, like this green, and good ones.
but the most important she has her family, country proud of her work and happy look. :flowers:

ANP Beeldbank
:eek: I'm shocked to see Queen Sonja in that ugly coloured yellow dress again. By now she should realize that she has been re- re- re- recycling it for more than 10 years... If I am not mistaken since 1997, correct me if I am wrong, and all the photos that she took were official ones and they all enter the archives:ermm:. Something should be or must be done about it, it became more than "enough is enough", I hate to say it but it became very pathetic and boring. I wonder if she do have someone specialized in telling her what to wear and what not to wear, but royals usually do...Plus she has been chosen as the most elegant Norwegian royal!!!!!!!Correct me if I am wrong again...If she is so attached to this dress, she could make few changes in it, looking at it, it is possible to do so.

Plus she has been chosen as the most elegant Norwegian royal!!!!!!!

she definitely is, IMO. Apart from the times she wears that dress. :D

I mean: okay if she wants to wear that dress once a year then she should do that. But she wore the dress 3 times during the 5 last State Visits (State Visit to Finland, State Visit from Brazil, the current one from Vietnam). That's enough. MORE the enough! :lol:

Her Majesty, I just LOVE your avatar !!:D:ROFLMAO::clap:

Anyway, I don't understand why you all hate so much this dress . Yes, the colour is not nice at all, but the cut of the gown is very flattering to Queen Sonja . She looks beautiful and elegant in it .

dalia said:
And finally the Queen is too happy to find someone shorter than her
... she especially must enjoy to be actually taller then the president. :lol:
The preseident and his wife really look very small (especially his wife)... when you keep in mind that Queen Sonja is only about 1,60m (about 5'3).

... she especially must enjoy to be actually taller then the president. :lol:
The preseident and his wife really look very small (especially his wife)... when you keep in mind that Queen Sonja is only about 1,60m (about 5'3).

I knew she was short but I never thought she's only 1,60m !!! I thought she was a little taller than that..Thanks Her_Majesty.
Another 15-picture gallery from vt.no starting with the chat between the Queen and CP Mette-Marit and ending with Vietnam's first lady caught speeding here:- Se bildene fra statsbesøket - Vårt Land - vl.no :) . I like the white on CP Mette-Marit and I like the pale outfit of the Queen, but I guess the colour is the same when she visited Vietnam some years ago.

According to the official programme for the Norwegian Royal Family, will Their Majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja host a State Visit from Vietnam on 5 - 6 June.

Thanks for this heads up! Might you have links to articles (in English) and videos of the State Visit? I have many Vietnamese friends, by the way, here in Seattle.

-- Abbie :flowers:

2008-06-06. On Friday, Mrs. Tran Thi Kim Chi and Queen Sonja of Norway visited the Viking Museum at Bygdoy.
http://i33.tinypic.com/257j4mr.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/optpqs.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/35ces5t.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2z87wvb.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/jgi7o5.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/r7t21g.jpg
BrunoPress

The Queen wearing a Barbie-suit. :lol:
It would have been better with a skirt.

"Barbie" attire aside, I think Queen Sonja looks lovely, and youthful!

Thanks for sharing these photos with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom