Spanish State Visit to Norway: June 6-8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From ANB

Everyone looks great!

Attachments

• alle20060606-ari.jpg
    alle20060606-ari.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 524
  • alle20060606-galla.jpg
    alle20060606-galla.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 526
  • alle20060606-sofia.jpg
    alle20060606-sofia.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 445
  • alle20060606-sonja.jpg
    alle20060606-sonja.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 561
  • alle20060606-harald.jpg
    alle20060606-harald.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 490
Images from PPE and anp

Attachments

• 3163500.jpg
    3163500.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 06060691.jpg
    06060691.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 06060692.jpg
    06060692.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 06060693.jpg
    06060693.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 06060694.jpg
    06060694.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 445
I think Harald and Sonja should have given Mette-Marit a tiara we can all see.

mybags said:
From ANB

Everyone looks great!

I usually don't comment on what royal people wear, but CP Mette-Marit's dress wasn't particularly becoming :eek: The pattern on her skirt remind me of an umbrella. And that bow thing in the back must make sitting very uncomfortable. In my opinion; not a good choice.

I know, that tiny tiara in her blond hair is not a sucess
bigger ones fromANB via SISTE

The King praises the “enviable progress” of Norway

The King today praised “the enviable progress” from Norway on international scale “thanks to the shared in common effort and the good management of his political people in charge”. The king praises the enviable progress of Norwegian Don Juan Carlos in full dress said the previous thing in the toasts of the supper that offered in their honor and the one of Doña Sofía the kings of Norway, Harald and Sonia, in the first day of the visit of State that makes to this country. Don Juan Carlos assured that Norway has been located in head “of the world in index of human development” and emphasized more that this country dedicates the 0,93 percent from its GIP to the needed countries more, than no other developed nation. “We think that the Europe of today always will be favorable to that is more contact, more communication, more joint projects, really, more dialogue and cooperation”, said. The Spanish monarch thanked for the presence of prince Haakon of Norway in the funerales celebrated in Madrid in March of 2004 by the victims of the attack of 11-M. One either did not forget to mention the increase in the demand of learning of the Spanish in Norway and the great number - more than 800,000 - of Norwegians who visit Spain annually, of which 20,000 are resident; as well as the increasing flow of Spanish tourists to the Scandinavian country.
In his intervention in the supper, king Harald, expressed the “admiration and respect” of “fast and resolute” Norway by the Spanish transition towards the democracy, where “His Majesty played a role decision-making”, said. It emphasized the importance of Spain as bridge in the Mediterranean and put like example of it the Process of Barcelona or the initiative of the Alliance of the Nations. King Harald emphasized the “present time” of the Quijote, since “all we identified ourselves with the personages of Cervantes, its idealismo and realism”, before comparing to this personage with the lírico drama Peer Gynt, of Henrik Ibsen. Finally, he congratulated to Spain by the victories in the glass of the UEFA and Liga de Campeones and wished luck to the Spanish selection of soccer in the next Glass of the World.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/rey_noruega_elogia_envidiable_progreso_917777.htm

I think that is the second time in her life that Queen Sofia uses this tiara. It is belong to Infanta Pilar, sister of King Juan Carlos.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
The tiara is lovely on Queen Sofia. I usually don't like tiara on her but this is very nice.

Queen Sofia's dress looks beautiful (even if she looks a bit sad or tired! must have been a hard day ;) ).
Sonja looks nice, too, but she wore better gowns before.
The Queens' Tiaras both look great!
I really don't like Mette's dress. :( It doesn't suit her at all. :eek:

It's quite uncommon that Johan Martin Ferner and Ari Behn gets to be a part of the royal procession into the state dinners, isn't it?

As always, Queen Sofia and Queen Sonja look incredibly elegant and beautiful!:)

That's what I though too norwegianne. They aren't usually there. Martha Louise usually walks with Astrid.

It's so weird to see Queen Sofia wearing a hat!
On the other hand, she was simply regal at the gala! :)

Creative is the word that comes to my mind when I hink about the dresses the Norvegian ladies wore for the gala dinner. And creative is not always a good thing. IMHO, there was too much froufrous on Queen SOnja's dress and MM's artistic creation with black tartan was strange for a spring event. Boy I'm afraid that Martha Louise's was the nicest one.

Elsa M. said:
It's so weird to see Queen Sofia wearing a hat!
On the other hand, she was simply regal at the gala! :)
I agree with you!!
Although she used hat, she look wonderful as always! :D
Well, all the ladies look beautiful! ;)

M-M' gala outfit is not really good and we can't see her tiara as well... Pity, because during the day she looked fantastic!

Sofia looked absolutely gorgeous! I love her dress and tiara.

About Queen Sofia's tiara, isn't very usual she use that tiara, is it? :confused:

I think it's the first or second time i saw it on her!

Princess BellyFlop said:
Creative is the word that comes to my mind when I hink about the dresses the Norvegian ladies wore for the gala dinner. And creative is not always a good thing. IMHO, there was too much froufrous on Queen SOnja's dress and MM's artistic creation with black tartan was strange for a spring event. Boy I'm afraid that Martha Louise's was the nicest one.
Well, I don´t like it, but I have to admit, though I´m a big fan of Mette Marit
and Queen Sonja.
A tartan design for a state banquet? Not very chic, IMO.
And Queen Sonja wanted obviously please her guests by wearing a
Seville-style dress (Spaniards may forgive me, I´m not an expert,
but the dress, very beautifully designed at its top, seems to be spanish-style-influenced)

Why, why,why?!
MetteMarit what have you wore this evening:confused: :eek:
Why not one of her best previous gown like this light-blue from Denmark's wedding? Or different tiara-amethyst or one of Q.Mauds-this which ML worn on her wedding...
Queens and PssML looks great on the evening.

I don't like Sophia's black hat. MM's outfit reminds me Victoria's from today.

Last edited:
I really loved that QSonja wore a gown that was a tribute to her guests -- it is very flamenco-esque! Although I think it looks a little bottom heavy, if you just look at the top, it is quite flattering on her. Thanks to all for the lovely photos!

...JuAnItA... said:
About Queen Sofia's tiara, isn't very usual she use that tiara, is it? :confused:

I think it's the first or second time i saw it on her!

I believe that we all have been surprised.
This tiara belongs to the Infanta Pilar, she inherited it from her mother, and she and her daughter Simoneta used it for their wedding. I believe that the Queen had not used it since she was a princess. It is something strange:confused:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158495&d=1118614377

http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glowingbride5fp.jpg

Last edited:
magnik said:
Why, why,why?!
MetteMarit what have you wore this evening:confused: :eek:
Why not one of her best previous gown like this light-blue from Denmark's wedding? Or different tiara-amethyst or one of Q.Mauds-this which ML worn on her wedding...
Queens and PssML looks great on the evening.

I don't like Sophia's black hat. MM's outfit reminds me Victoria's from today.

Yes, I totally agree with you about the Crown Princess.
But I think Queen Sophia´s hat is the most elegant one of a royal lady
for a long time!

wartenberg7 said:
Yes, I totally agree with you about the Crown Princess.
But I think Queen Sophia´s hat is the most elegant one of a royal lady
for a long time!
Agree that this's really elegant hat. I just don't like that the Queen wore it to gold outfit. I think that really good would be black hat with gold.

Last edited:
Both Queens were so regal and beautiful! M-M's gown is very dissappointing. ML looked very nice, although I'm not very found of these stripes.

Queen Sofia looked great with hat on arrival. All ladies looked great!
And QS looked absolutely regal at dinner.
I don't like Queen Sonja dress at dinner, with that dress and in arm of King Juan Carlos she looks so short ;).
I never thought to say this but Ari Behn is improving with age. He looked truely handsome tonight.

I wish there were only photos of Princess Mette-Marit torso tonight :D, I love her but that below part ruined everything. She should hit the person that said it looked good :(.

Thank you for great job in finding the photos and bringing it back to us.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Well I think Queen Sofia was the Queen of the Ball, her tiara was glitzing incredible on TV. On the other hand I think Sonja looks like a cream cake, she does not have the height for that dress and I quite like Mette-Marits dress, I was tired of her baby blue and baby pink satin choices, Märthas dress is great also, but the hair could have been a litte less rock and roll, she is wearing a tiara afterall

Nettavisen and Aftenposten and VG

Last edited:
I too like Mette-Marit's dress. A different look, and for all the talk about her love of black I think this is one of her first black gala gowns. Sonja's dress is nice but the ruffles seem to overwhelm her. Martha looks great, as does Sofia.

I also liked Mette-Marit's dress. I think black makes a blonde look gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom