State visit from Poland: May 23-25, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eya

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
Greece
The Polish president Andrzej Duda and his wife Agata come from 23 to 25 may on State visit in Norway. They are invited by King Harald, the Norwegian court announced on Friday.

Translation of article

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Kinda last minute announcement, I had not seen it on the calendar. Its a three day visit from Poland but they only seem to have acts with the royal family on Monday.
and it looks like Mette-Marit will not be at the gala dinner tonight

added:
it looks like she has back pain
"Canceled due to back problems #KronprinsesseMetteMarit absent from gala dinner because of acute back pain! #Kongebloggen #royals"
https://twitter.com/TV2KjellArne/status/734787121576345600

Last edited:
23.05.2016 Welcoming ceremony State visit from Poland: Their Majesties The King and Queen welcome His Excellency President Andrzej Duda and Mrs Agata Kornhauser-Duda on the Palace Square. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner, will also be in attendance (10.30).

23.05.2016 Wreath laying ceremony State visit from Poland: His Majesty The King accompanies His Excellency President Andrzej Duda during the wreath laying ceremony at Akershus fortress. Her Majesty The Queen and Mrs Agata Kornhauser-Duda will also be in attendance (11.30).

23.05.2016 The National Gallery State visit from Poland: Her Majesty The Queen and Mrs Agata Kornhauser-Duda visit the National Gallery (11:45).

23.05.2016 Official luncheon State visit from Poland: Their Majesties The King and Queen host a luncheon in honour of His Excellency President Andrzej Duda and Mrs Agata Kornhauser-Duda at the Royal Palace. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner, will also be in attendance (13:00).

23.05.2016 Oscarshall State visit from Poland: Her Majesty The Queen and Mrs Agata Kornhauser-Duda visit Oscarshall Summer Palace (16:00).

23.05.2016 Gala dinner State visit from Poland: Their Majesties The King and Queen host a gala dinner in honour of His Excellency President Andrzej Duda and Mrs Agata Kornhauser-Duda at the Royal Palace. His Royal Highness The Crown Prince and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner, will also be in attendance (20:00).

Rubber boots?! I guess, despite the pouring rain, there would have been a more elegant solution to keep ones feet dry than this....

Thanks for the photos!:flowers:
Unlike the royal ladies, Mrs Duda's ensemble was lovely. Queen Sonja looked ridiculous in boots.

It is very unfortunate that Crown Princess Mette-Marit did not attend the gala.

Unlike the royal ladies, Mrs Duda's ensemble was lovely. Queen Sonja looked ridiculous in boots.

What, please, was "ridiculous" about the Queen´s boots?!:ermm:

I don't think poster meant the boots themselves were ridiculous. Simply that the pairing of them with the queen's outfit.

To be quite honest I don't mind MM had rubber boots on. I honestly don't think they look any worse than the queen's. It was a rainy event, and it kept their feet dry. If she is also suffering back problems, which she seems to be considering she dropped out of the dinner, having flat boots is best. The last thing anyone needs is heels on when you have a bad back.

I bet the first lady was wishing she had better shoes in the weather. Her feet were probably pretty cold in heels by the time she got indoors.

Does anybody know why Mette-Marit did not attend the banquet?

Last edited:
I loved all the ceremony at the welcoming in spite of the rain - this happened a few years ago during the state visit from Japan didn't it with a gail blowing and heavy rain?!

It's a shame Mette-Marit is still having back trouble and had to miss the banquet. Does anyone know why Princess Astrid is on crutches?

Does anyone know why Princess Astrid is on crutches?
She's had problems with her legs for many years, and has occasionally used crutches since the 1990s. She has for years been treated with acupuncture, and there are also rumors that she's suffering from Parkinson's disease.

Last edited:
It is puzzling to see Princess Astrid attending the banquet with crutches and Crown Princess Mette-Marit not attending because of backache. I am sure there is analgesic to relieve the ache in question for several hours.

Last edited:
It is puzzling to see Princess Astrid attending the banquet with crutches and Crown Princess Mette-Marit not attending because of backache. I am sure there is analgesic to relieve the ache in question for several hours.

Good point. I agree it looks bad for Mette-Marit in comparison to Princess Astrid.

Unlike Astrid, she did attend the earlier day event to greet the couple. Its not like she was a no show for the entire event. Calling it a simple back ache seems a bit crass. She has suffered a chronic back problem for over a decade. If she isn't attending the dinner, the pain is likely bad.

Good to see MM is better.

The King and Mette-Marit attended a lunch at Akershus

Picture

Unlike Astrid, she did attend the earlier day event to greet the couple. Its not like she was a no show for the entire event. Calling it a simple back ache seems a bit crass. She has suffered a chronic back problem for over a decade. If she isn't attending the dinner, the pain is likely bad.
Princess Astrid did attend the welcoming ceremony.
23.05.2016 Welcoming ceremony State visit from Poland: Their Majesties The King and Queen welcome His Excellency President Andrzej Duda and Mrs Agata Kornhauser-Duda on the Palace Square. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner, will also be in attendance (10.30).

originally posted by polyesco

Crown Princess Mette-Marit does suffer from mysterious illnesses and fear of flying happening when it is convenient for her.

Last edited:
:previous: So she is pretending to have back problems so she can sit home and eat popcorn and watch television :ohmy::bang:

This isn't the same as not going on an over seas trip. Attending a dinner at home is something she usually attends. IMO its unjustified to accuse her of faking an illness to ditch a dinner.:sad:

Good to see MM is better.

The King and Mette-Marit attended a lunch at Akershus

Great to see MM out at the day events :flowers:

Seems taking the night off after a rainy cold day event yesterday did her some good. Glad she could accompany her FIL for the lunch today.

Back
Top Bottom