State visit from Estonia, September 2-4, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairy tale

Heir Apparent
City
B.
Country
Germany
On the invitation of his Majesty King Harald V of Norway, Estonia's president Toomas Hendrik Ilves and Evelin Ilves pay State visit to Norway, September 2-4, 2014. The first two days will be in Oslo, while the third and final day will take place in Trondheim.
kongehuset.no - Statsbesøk fra Estland
Translation

It's great we will see also Princess Astrid :flowers:
I'm looking forward to the visit!

02.09.2014 State visit from Estonia
Their Majesties The King and Queen host the State Visit from the President of Estonia, His Excellency Mr Toomas Hendrik Ilves, and Ms Evelin Ilves. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner, will also be in attendance.

Program for tomorrow

02.09.2014 Welcoming ceremony
State Visit from Estonia: Their Majesties The King and Queen welcome His Excellency President Toomas Hendrik Ilves in the Palace Square. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (10:00).

02.09.2014 Wreath laying ceremony
State Visit from Estonia: His Majesty The King accompanies His Excellency President Toomas Hendrik Ilves during the wreath laying ceremony at Akershus fortress. Her Majesty The Queen will also be in attendance (11:00).

02.09.2014 Official luncheon
State Visit from Estonia: Their Majesties The King and Queen host an official luncheon at the Royal Palace in honour of His Excellency President Toomas Hendrik Ilves. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner, will also be in attendance (13:30).

02.09.2014 Europe Conference 2014
Their Majesties The King and Queen accompany His Excellency President Toomas Hendrik Ilves to Europe Conference 2014, where the President is key note speaker (Gamle Festsal, University of Oslo, 15:45).

02.09.2014 Gala dinner
State Visit from Estonia: Their Majesties The King and Queen host a gala dinner at the Royal Palace in honour of His Excellency President Toomas Hendrik Ilves. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner, will also be in attendance (20:00).

I guess President Ilves' wife is still atoning for her infidelity. Madame Erna Solberg could definitely benefit from shedding some weight. Queen Sonia's hussar coat is ridiculous. Crown Princess Mette-Marit's ensemble is nice.

Last edited:
:previous: Didn't she flee to Germany?
On the other hand, if it had been her husband, I doubt people would have been so critical...:whistling:

P.S. I know this is OOT, but this is a bit about Estonia:flowers:

:previous:
Technically speaking, Mrs Ivles was supposed to accompany her spouse. So I assume that TRF members could touch upon causes/reasons of her absence. I have no information as to where Mrs Ilves is right now. She comes across as a resolute and tough lady though.

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2432955.html#comments

Last edited:
thanks for the pictures
So the royals have an agenda only on the first day correct?

thanks for the pictures
So the royals have an agenda only on the first day correct?

Yes you are right it's only today. When they announced it in June it was scheduled for September 2-4 they have changed it about one month ago as well as the Estonian President was coming alone.

The program had to be changed because president Obama visits Estonia tomorrow.

Thanks LadyFinn, I read about it just now.

Here are videos from today, a long one from the arrival Statsbesøk frå Estland - NRK Nyheter

Thanks for the video. I watched it, and I find, that King Harald moved very strange. I was afraid he would fall. Does he have something problem with his legs? We didn't hear anything about his health in the past few months... I hope everything is ok with him.

ADD: a photo of CP Mette-Marit curtseying to the President of Estonia https://twitter.com/Mo_Holland/status/506840816082751488/photo/1

My goodness, why did she do that, for heaven´s sake?! He´s not royal!:ohmy:
Does she still need some help in matters of protocol...?

It was interesting to see at the TV programme about the dutch bicentenary last saturday in Maastricht when everybody signed the guest book of the city: President Gauck from Germany had to sign last although he is longer in office than the King and the Queen of the Belgians. Royal heads of state always have precedence before republican ones! So, I find a future Queen curtseying a president not appropriate (which, of course, is only my opinion).

Why is MM all in black? Is there a funeral? NO. It is a state visit! Just my rant!

Why is MM all in black? Is there a funeral? NO. It is a state visit! Just my rant!

It's not black but a deep navy blue.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Pictures from the gala dinner - CP Mette-Marit wore an "old" dress by Nina Skarra, which was altered (she posted about it on Instagram in connection with the Re-use Day). I think it was more special before but it's still a beautiful dress. Pity the article doesn't have a picture of Queen Sonja who walked next to the Estonian President.
MinMote.no - Norges største moteside

Also biathlete Emil Hegle Svendsen attended with his girlfriend http://www.kjendis.no/2014/09/02/kj.../samantha_skogstrand/kronprinsparet/35093772/

King Harald's speech at the gala dinner http://www.kongehuset.no/tale.html?tid=122146&sek=26947&scope=27247
Google Translation

Last edited:
I do like all dresses of HRH from today: the one from the welcoming ceremony very elegant and sophisticated, the evening gown even more beautiful without the pink belt. I just wish she would have another tiara (I know this will only happen when she becomes Queen, but still...).

Pictures from the gala dinner - CP Mette-Marit wore an "old" dress by Nina Skarra, which was altered (she posted about it on Instagram in connection with the Re-use Day). I think it was more special before but it's still a beautiful dress. Pity the article doesn't have a picture of Queen Sonja who walked next to the Estonian President.

Lol is that the feather antennas sticking up from Princess Astrid's hair?

Also biathlete Emil Hegle Svendsen attended with his girlfriend Hva gjør Samantha og Emil på Slottet? - Kjendis

King Harald's speech at the gala dinner kongehuset.no - Statsbesøk fra Estland: Tale under gallamiddagen
Google Translation

I like the dress, but it also closely resembles the dress she wore to Vickan's wedding now.

I do like how she did her hair. It's gorgeous. Although I think the Amethyst would have gone better with it.

Lol is that the feather antennas sticking up from Princess Astrid's hair?

Nope, these are the ruby antennas.:ermm:

I like the dress, but it also closely resembles the dress she wore to Vickan's wedding now.

I do like how she did her hair. It's gorgeous. Although I think the Amethyst would have gone better with it.

The hairstyle is nice but that not good when wearing a tiara. If she had pulled it at last back when wearing it loose and not up.

Nope, these are the ruby antennas.:ermm:

Aren't they part of the same set?
How many pair of antennas can a princess need? ?

Aren't they part of the same set?
How many pair of antennas can a princess need? ��

They are similar, but I have never seen evidence that they are a set. I wonder whether they both ended up with Princess Astrid because the other siblings didn't want them:confused:. At least Princess Astrid rotates her jewellery and does't repeat the same tiara over and over again, like the CP.

(Sorry, but it seems I'm in a bit of a grumpy mood today:ermm:. And these boring tiara pictures do nothing to improve it.)

Last edited:
They are similar, but I have never seen evidence that they are a set. I wonder whether they both ended up with Princess Astrid because the other siblings didn't wand them:confused:. At least Princess Astrid rotates her jewellery and does't repeat the same tiara over and over again, like the CP.

(Sorry, but it seems I'm in a bit of a grumpy mood today:ermm:. And these boring tiara picture do nothing to improve it.)

According to "Order of splendour" the feathers and the ruby antennas are two different attachments to the same aigrette (whatever that is? Sounds like a dessert made out of a lot of eggs to me) tiara.

Don't worry, I didn't feel your grumpiness at all and even if I had I can take it. I've been to the rodeo before ?

Its nice to see Princess Astrid in the official line up,does Princess Märtha Louise ever attend State Banquets?

Back
Top Bottom