State Visit from Bulgaria 29.-31. August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larzen said:
It seems the royal court has started to make newsletters:lol: here is their first from the state visit and also a link to the Kings speech, all in Norwegian ofcourse, and they are also adding a visit to Vigelandsparken for both couples today (what a truely suprising Choice of location:rolleyes: :rolleyes: )
It's great that they publish such thorough reports! Now we can only hope that the Swedish and Norwegian Courts will take after the British one day, and make their own version of the fabulous "Royal Insight" that they have.

I loved Mette-Marits black suit outfit from the receiving ceremonies, that was so stylish! And she has quite nice legs too, if I may say so... :lol:

Lunch hosted by the Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and his stylish wife (and also very smart, she is a diplomat and used to be in the forreign ministry department, it was said she helped Mette-Marit back in 2001 but she would not speak about it) Ingrid Schulerud. The Prime Minister is in the middle of the budget and did not attend the gala dinner last night nor did he attend the welcomming ceremony which he usually does.

http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article724398.ece?id=95241&slide=0#slide
A selection, more at the link, dont know why so many of the pictures are taken in such a tilted way

Last edited:
Mette-Marit has looked great lately, and this is no exception. But the king looks terribly ill.

Mette-Marit looked beautiful! Her outfit was simlply stunning! :flowers:
I like the way she styles her hair.
Nice to see her and Prince Haakon so close. :heart:
The Queen looks lovely, but I don't like the shawl she wore over the shoulders. :ermm:

Love mm out fit really suits her !!!!!!!!
she is looking really well.

It is beautiful photos all royal family and bulgaria!!! Princess Astrid is active of royal family Norway. She is often more active with brother King Harald,Queen Sonja state visit many year. Princess Astrid is elegant and alert!!! She is over 70 year.

Madame Royale said:
I noticed this aswell Ms Griffin.

From what I recall, Mary nor Frederik wore the sash but only the breast star (or something along those lines) :flowers:
They didn't wear sashes because they only got a lower rank of the order which doesn't have a sash. But this difference - meaning one heir (+wife) gets the highest rank, another heir (+heir) gets a lower rank - seems odd. Are there any deeper relations between Norway and Bulgaria that we non- Norwegians and non- Bulgarians are not aware of? ?

Nettavisen has another special from Akershus, called the Matching ROyal Family, how Harald and Haakon wore similar outfits (yes suits and ties:wacko: ) and that both Sonja and Mette-Marit choose cream colors
Nothing from last night though:sad:
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article724818.ece?id=95281&slide=0#slide

First pic from Stavanger

Stavanger Aftenblad, photo: Jarle Aasland.

seher-allover

Last edited:
Visiting Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov (3rd R) and his wife Zorka Petrova Parvanova with Norwegian King Harald (5th L) and Queen Sonja waves to the press on board coast guard vessel Aalesund in the Lysefiord, Western Norway August 31, 2006.

from yahoo/REUTERS/Alf Ove Hansen/Scanpix (NORWAY)

(From L) Vice Admiral Jan Reksten speaks with Norway's King Harald, Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov, and Air Marshall Peter Waler, during a visit at NATO's Joint Warfare Center (JWC) at Jatta, Western Norway, 31 August 2006

from profimedia

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information and the photographies of this visit, I like much the princes specially. :flowers:

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
Stavanger Aftenblad has a picture-gallery from the visit in Stavanger: http://web3.aftenbladet.no/bildegallerier/article340182.ece
Thanks for this link. The pictures are very nice. :flowers:
I really love Mette Marit`s wardrobe during this statevisit!
It seemed she learned from her fashion mistakes in the past. ;)

some more beautiful pictures from the welcome-ceremony.
pictures from Polfoto (you can find many more there)

I'm wondering what she was looking for here ^^
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=3600638-20060901172548.jpg
ANP

Last edited:
Finally a full-body shot of Haakon, Mette-Marit and Astrid at the gala, still nothing from the return arrangement which is strange.
1-3 REX
4 scanpix via VG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom