The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Spanish State Visit to Norway; June 6-8, 2006

In May and June there are several very important events that Im sure she will attend:
National day, State visit from Spain, and whole week of celebration of the 100th anniversary of King Haakons coronation (read about it in the family thread here), also a possible visit to the Thailand for the Kings Diamond jubilee. We will se what happens in April, I dont expect to see her much.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Will the Princes of Asturias be joining the King and Queen of Spain??

Old 03-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
Will the Princes of Asturias be joining the King and Queen of Spain??
As discussed on the Royal Family of Spain's Sub-Forum, the Princes of Asturias rarely join the King & Queen of Spain on a state visit. They have numerous official visits on their own. :)
It would be lovely if they decide to join the state visit to norway, but i sincerely doubt it. :(
Old 03-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks by the dates no longer are forgot me jeje (Gillian :p)
Old 03-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

I am desiring to see but to the Princess in official acts and I am desiring that May arrive then and June.I worship to the small of the Principes they are precious
Old 03-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
As discussed on the Royal Family of Spain's Sub-Forum, the Princes of Asturias rarely join the King & Queen of Spain on a state visit. They have numerous official visits on their own. :)
It would be lovely if they decide to join the state visit to norway, but i sincerely doubt it. :(
thanks.. :) :) :)
Old 05-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

State visit from Spain: June 6-8, 2006

Scanpix
State visit from Spain 6-8 June 2006

Their Majesties King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain will come on a 3 day state visit to Norway from 6-8 June.

Kongehuset
Some details has started to come out:

8th of June will be spent in Bergen, King Harald and Queen Sonja will accompany the Spanish King and Queen to Bergen. The program is so far not ready but it is decided they will visit Troll A platform in the North Sea.

(Statoil)
Norways most PR hungry Mayor, Coffe King Herman Friele is ofcourse delighted both couples are comming to Bergen
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/ibergen/article635248.ece

In Oslo King Harald and King Juan Carlos will visit the new and high tech frigate Fridtjof Nansen, the Frigate is made on a 21 billion NOK contract in Navantia in Spain and is the first 5 frigates the Norwegian Navy have ordered from Spain. This will be King Haralds second visit to the Frigate within a week as he and the Crown Prince will inspect it when it arrives in Oslo, but the Spanish King had requested a tour according to VG paper edition

(forsvaret)
In English about the Frigates built in Spain for the Royal Norwegian Navy
http://www.mil.no/fregatter/start/english/

Last time King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia was in Norway on a state visit was to King Olav in 1982

knudsen fotosenter

Not royal related but the Spanish Minister of Forreign Affairs will meet with his Norwegian counterpart Jonas Gahr Støre on June 8th
http://odin.dep.no/ud/norsk/dep/minister_a/kalender/

As most of the Norwegian fotoagencys are closed and the palace practices Pool-photography inside and only allow a few photographers to be present, usually there are not many gala pictures availble, but one can hope they allow more press this time considering it is much more high profile than a president, here are papers and open agencies to look for pictures:

ANB photo agency which always takes gala pictures, press "Gjest i fotoarkiv", if you get error message reload the page, usually they place some of their pictures without the annoying watermark here

knudsensfotosenter usually has pictures from the arrival ceremony and outside avtivities, it takes some time though before they are put online

National Web papers
Aftenposten VG Dagbladet Nettavisen NRK

Local papers in Bergen
BT and BA and NRK Hordaland
Old 05-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/...ica_899938.htm

Spanish Government grants Great Cross of Isabel Católica to Princess of Norway

The Ministers' Council resolved today granted the Great Cross of Isabel's Catholic Order to the Princess of Norway Mette-Marit and to the princes of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Faisal Bin Al-Hussein and Alia Al-Faisal.

According to the reference of the Ministers' Council, also there was granted the Great Cross of the Order of the Civil Merit to the ambassador of Norway in Spain, Per Ludvig Magnus, and to the vice-minister of Foreign Norwegian Matters, Sven Erik Svedman.

The same distinction granted Berit Tversland to the Marshall of the Norwegian Court, Arne Omholt, and to the secretary deprived of the Royal House of the same country.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Heir Apparent

im hope CP Couple will attend Norway for state visit im hope so
Old 05-27-2006, 04:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
According to the Palace it's only the King and the Queen of Spain which is coming.

Old 05-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
I´m pretty sure they won´t. Normally only reigning monarchs or other heads of state do state visits. It´s different in the Netherlands because the Queen´s consort has passed away, so Beatrix is getting some support from son an daughter-in-law.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/...ica_899938.htm

Spanish Government grants Great Cross of Isabel Católica to Princess of Norway

The Ministers' Council resolved today granted the Great Cross of Isabel's Catholic Order to the Princess of Norway Mette-Marit and to the princes of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Faisal Bin Al-Hussein and Alia Al-Faisal.

According to the reference of the Ministers' Council, also there was granted the Great Cross of the Order of the Civil Merit to the ambassador of Norway in Spain, Per Ludvig Magnus, and to the vice-minister of Foreign Norwegian Matters, Sven Erik Svedman.

The same distinction granted Berit Tversland to the Marshall of the Norwegian Court, Arne Omholt, and to the secretary deprived of the Royal House of the same country.
The order of Isabella the Catholic is also the order for Crown princes, isn´t it? Is Haakon already in possession of a spanish order?
Old 05-27-2006, 05:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

No he is not
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...=2&gid=107&aid=

If you remember he wore the Grand Cross St Olav in Felipes wedding, I also thought it strange they did not grant it to him as well.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Spanish orders for Haakon and Mette-Marit, by BOE.
Haakon: Grand Cross of Carlos III,
Meete-Marit: Grand Cross of the Order of Isabel la Catolica.
http://www.boe.es/g/es/bases_datos/d...39&txtlen=1000
http://www.boe.es/g/es/bases_datos/d...43&txtlen=1000
Old 05-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Spanish orders for Haakon and Mette-Marit, by BOE.
Haakon: Grand Cross of Carlos III,
Meete-Marit: Grand Cross of the Order of Isabel la Catolica.
http://www.boe.es/g/es/bases_datos/d...39&txtlen=1000
http://www.boe.es/g/es/bases_datos/d...43&txtlen=1000
Must be awkward for the Spanish to hand out an order to Mette Marit after looking at her as sin incarnated for such a long time. :-)
Old 05-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
Must be awkward for the Spanish to hand out an order to Mette Marit after looking at her as sin incarnated for such a long time. :-)
What are you saying? Only you have had to of reading Peñafiel's opinions. It terrifies me that the people continue thinking that Spain lives how in epoch of Franco. The Spaniards we are so liberal how the rest of European… is more in many questions our laws are more liberal than those of other countries . Please, we had been 30 years of democracy and freedom. We did not live in caverns.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
What are you saying? Only you have had to of reading Peñafiel's opinions. It terrifies me that the people continue thinking that Spain lives how in epoch of Franco. The Spaniards we are so liberal how the rest of European… is more in many questions our laws are more liberal than those of other countries . Please, we had been 30 years of democracy and freedom. We did not live in caverns.
Actually, I was thinking of the Spanish royals, who - as I read somewhere - disapproved of Mette Marit because of her unconventional "past". I was not talking about the Spanish in general. Sorry if you felt offended.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Actually, I was thinking of the Spanish royals, who - as I read somewhere - disapproved of Mette Marit because of her unconventional "past". I was not talking about the Spanish in general. Sorry if you felt offended.
If it is also very typical. What they can think or not of Mette Marit, does not know it anybody. I you remember that Mette Marit has sailed in the ship of the Spanish Royal Family.
Unfortunately, the ignorance makes think that Spain is a country very tradional, " the catholic reservation of west " that was said former. And it is applied also to the Monarchy. I have read commentaries on the royal Spanish family in foreign means that have given me laugh.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Well, with an even divorced daughter-in-law Juan Carlos and Sophia
can´t really have something against the CP of Norway, can they?!
This discussion about MMs "unconventional past" bores me to death...

And speaking of an order, whose name includes the word "catholic",
I can only wonder, what Mette-Marit did since many years (at least
since her first son was born), that could be dubbed as "un-catholic"??
She got married, had two further children, is a loving wife and devoted mother!
In todays society a rather conventional, almost unusual conservative lifestyle!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if we will see hats from the Norwegian Royal ladies at this visit. Spanish royal women don't typically wear hats during state visits do they?