Spanish State Visit to Norway: June 6-8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
norwegianne said:
I have to admit I was doubtful about the length of Mette-Marit's dress, seeing as how Sonja and Sofia both wore long gowns. But seeing Princess Astrid with a dress of similar length - I guess Mette-Marit is properly attired after all. ;)

I liked the dress though. And I liked her hairstyle. Having a barette (or whatever it was) hold her hair to the side, this way - looks much softer than the way she normally wears it.

And we can really see the roots crying to be done!

Zonk1189 said:
I am trying to understand why Mette Marit wears some much black. I wonder is because its slimming or she thinks it fits her features. I miss the days when she wore lots of color.

The princess once said that when she did not have anything to wear she would put on a black or white dress. She said that was the safest way to go.

From terra:

Attachments

• 720806e8a215fg.jpg
    720806e8a215fg.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 720806e8ba869g.jpg
    720806e8ba869g.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 720806e86e2b4g.jpg
    720806e86e2b4g.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 340
  • 720806e89ac29g.jpg
    720806e89ac29g.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 285
  • 720806e97dc03g.jpg
    720806e97dc03g.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 720806e98c6c9g.jpg
    720806e98c6c9g.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 720806e895b49g.jpg
    720806e895b49g.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 720806e9740e0g.jpg
    720806e9740e0g.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 720806e967559g.jpg
    720806e967559g.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 720806e92faa5g.jpg
    720806e92faa5g.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 593
Queen Sofia has chosen very colorful clother for this State Visit, and all of them are beautiful!

By the way, it seems as if both royal couples really enjoyed this visit, their faces looks very happy and joyful.

this more than a State Visit looks like a friends gathering, which I think shows the awesome relationship between the Kings of Spain and Norway, they look like very old friends having a blast together!:):)

crisiñaki said:
this more than a State Visit looks like a friends gathering, which I think shows the awesome relationship between the Kings of Spain and Norway, they look like very old friends having a blast together!:):)

Yes all of them are very convincing in the way they perform their jobs and if I didn't know what their real occupations were I'd believe they were truly friends.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/reyes_espana_madrid_bergen_922626.htm

Kings of Spain return to Madrid from Norwegian city of Bergen

The Kings of Spain detached today, passed 21.00 hours, from the Norwegian city of Bergen on board of a plane of the Air Spanish Force with destiny Madrid, after finishing their visit of State to the Scandinavian country.

For three days, Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía have visited Oslo and Bergen, one of the most beautiful coastal cities of the country, with the aim to increase a few excellent bilateral relations.

Video

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=11133977

Sofia was definitely the fashion winner on this trip IMHO. All of her outfits were stylish but not showy, colorful but not gaudy, elegant and queenly without being stuffy and dowdy. I'm one who would love to see MM enhance her fashion style. She is absolutely gorgeous and has a great figure, and I would like to see her make the most of her looks. Martha-Louise may not always have the royal look but she does have flair and individuality and that's great to see a royal lady being fashionable without being a Vogue model cookie-cutter.;)

Queens Sofia and Sonja look great even in survival gear. Not fair!

Hehe!! I love the orange suit pictures!! You'd think that Sofia and Sonja wouldn't look good in a full-length bright orange suit, but no! They managed to pull off the outfit with class and elegance. Very Queen-like IMO :)
And then to go on with those two beautiful outfits later that day, magnificent!! Sofia and Sonja both get 10/10 stars for today!!
Thanks everyone for the pictures, they are great!

Tiara Infanta Pilar

...JuAnItA... said:
Veryyyy strange!! :confused: :confused:
So Infanta Pilar inherited it in 2000, when her mother dies? :confused:
Thanks, lula!

First of all, sorry but my english is very bad. Sorry!!!
The tiara belong, initially to queen María Cristina, mother of Alfonso XIII. When the countess of Barcelona marry with infant Juan, in 1935, the king gives the tiara to his daughter in law. When the countess died in 2000 the tiara was inherited by the infanta Pilar, duchess of Badajoz, and i think that the king JC buy the tiara to her sister. The infanta is not rich and cand sell anything of her jewels. In 1996, infanta Cristina, countess Marone, daughter of King Alfonso XIII, sold the Cartier tiara to the king JC.
I think that the king and the queen buy many historic jewels of the Royal House, the great jewels collection of the Queen Victoria Eugenia is many dispersed arround princess Beatrice, infant Jaime, countess Marone...

Antoine said:
First of all, sorry but my english is very bad. Sorry!!!
The tiara belong, initially to queen María Cristina, mother of Alfonso XIII. When the countess of Barcelona marry with infant Juan, in 1935, the king gives the tiara to his daughter in law. When the countess died in 2000 the tiara was inherited by the infanta Pilar, duchess of Badajoz, and i think that the king JC buy the tiara to her sister. The infanta is not rich and cand sell anything of her jewels. In 1996, infanta Cristina, countess Marone, daughter of King Alfonso XIII, sold the Cartier tiara to the king JC.
I think that the king and the queen buy many historic jewels of the Royal House, the great jewels collection of the Queen Victoria Eugenia is many dispersed arround princess Beatrice, infant Jaime, countess Marone...
Thank you, Antoine! :)

Wow, great pictures! thank you very very very much!!!

Hmmm... I normally like what Queen Sofia wears, but for some reason I didn't like this dress. Not sure why, I just didn't like the general "look" of it. Her other "suit" dresses were nice though.

And I normally don't like what Queen Sonja wears, but I liked all of her outfits. Hmm... go figure.

Mette-Marit looked nice. And Martha Louise... well, she's able to pull anything off, no matter how bright and colorful ;) Hmm... her husband Ari is quite handsome!

Their Majesties do look like good friends... I'm sure it makes a State visit much more fun, and less like "work".

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say the Spanish royals has excellent taste in gifts:p so much better than yet another glas vase or framed picture which we usually see at such visits.

The white gorgous purse was a gift for Märtha Louse (wonder what label it is, surly a spanish one) and the blue set for Princess Astrid from King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, also in the first pic, Märthas new order. Haakon and Mette-Marit got drawings and orders (I would have to say I`d rather take the white purse than any ribbon;))

Lise Åserud/Pool

Attachments

• Martha gift.jpg
    Martha gift.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 353
  • orders and drawing.jpg
    orders and drawing.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
does anybody know what order martha louise wore at the state banquet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom