Princess Ragnhild and family news and picture thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Were is he living since Ragnhild's death? Has he returned to Rio or is staying permanentely in Oslo? I assume a 90 year-old is not travelling between the two places very often?

Don't his children and grandchildren live mostly in Brazil and the US? I expect his primary residence is also in Brazil.

His and Raghnild's primary residence has been Brazil for years. But now I wonder if he has relocated to Oslo for his last years of life. I say because he was in Oslo for Raghnild's funeral not long ago and now he is there again, for a man 90 years old travelling from Rio to Oslo very often may not be that easy any more. Just a question...

BTW, who is the man with Astrid?

She does seem to wear something tiara-like in het hair. What tiara's were available to princess Ragnhild.

no member of the norway royal family was present in the weeding ?

According to Hein at Nobiliana Victoria Ragna Lorentzen Ribeiro and her husband Felipe Sampaio Octaviano Falcão are expecting their first child.

Source: Nobiliana BAG 2016.

[FONT=verdana, arial]Erling Lorentzen, the 93-year old Princess Ragnhild's widower [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]preparing to the biography !![/FONT]

Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten has a article about the book

- Dette er de siste bildene tatt av kong Haakon 7 - Aftenposten

https://translate.googleusercontent...b.html&usg=ALkJrhg1om2kPnHoUl_tjUm8HPETRkOrXA

In the article one will also find the very last pics taken of King Haakon, taken by Erling Lorentzen when the royals had been having dinner at the Royal Yacht Britannia when the State Visit by QEII drew to a close (26 June 1955).

[/FONT]

Ok. Just wondering. What is the religion of the family members and their spouses?

Last edited:
Wow, that's a neat little story. I wonder how it ended up in there.

He looks well for his age!

"Erling Sven Lorentzen is dead

Erling Sven Lorentzen passed away today, Tuesday 9 March 2021 at 01.30, after a short illness"

"Condolences from His Majesty the King on behalf of the entire Royal Family: ""It is with great sadness that we have received the sad message that Erling Sven Lorentzen has passed away. Our thoughts go to his loved ones, who have lost a good father, father-in-law, grandfather and great-grandfather."."

R.I.P.

https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=186745&sek=26939

Last edited:
"Erling Sven Lorentzen is dead

Erling Sven Lorentzen passed away today, Tuesday 9 March 2021 at 01.30, after a short illness"

"Condolences from His Majesty the King on behalf of the entire Royal Family: ""It is with great sadness that we have received the sad message that Erling Sven Lorentzen has passed away. Our thoughts go to his loved ones, who have lost a good father, father-in-law, grandfather and great-grandfather."."

R.I.P.

https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=186745&sek=26939

Rest in peace, and condolences to the Royal Family.

Strangely, Mr. Lorentzen was removed from the Royal Family a few years after the death of his wife, even though he did not remarry.

But I am not aware of any reason to believe that it was due to any bad blood between him and his brother-in-law, and I am glad the Palace released its message.

What are the current regulations regarding funerals? There will surely be interest in a public memorial given his status as a war hero.

How sad,Rest in Peace Erling Sven Lorentzen!

He lived to see his 98th birthday back in January.

What are the current regulations regarding funerals? There will surely be interest in a public memorial given his status as a war hero.

There's a ban on (public) events in Norway, but funerals and memorial ceremonies are grandfathered in. Up to 50 guests are allowed to attend.

Back
Top Bottom