Princess Ragnhild and family news and picture thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
Ragnhild Lorentzen, daughter of Princess Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzen, lost her "place" in the line of succession to the British throne when she married recently to a catholic.

A lot of people would have had to die before it would ever have became reality , (66?) so I doubt she cares...

Princess Ragnhild's youngest Ragnhild A. Lorentzen(35) married Aaron Long(37) friday 21. november 2003 in the little church São Pedro de Alcántara in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

As he is a roman catholic she thus lost her place as #68 in the succession to the british throne :lol:

Both her older siblings - Haakon and Ingeborg - lost their places as they married roman catholics too - brazilians - their 4 kids are raised as protestants and are in the line ...

Princess Astrid and her husband Johan Martin Ferner attended the wedding during a longer stay in the country.

This was the second time Princess Astrid visited her big sister's home for 50 years.

I don't know whether this has been posted here previously - but this article has a photo of the bridal couple :

Beveget da datteren giftet seg - av KJARTAN KNAPP HARALDSEN

Lille-Ragnhild giftet bort arveretten til den britiske tronen

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=202683

How was she 68th? I don't know her.

I'll try to explain it...

She's the daughter of Princess Ragnhild, sister of the present king, and one of the daughters of King Olav V. King Olav's mother was Queen Maud, whose father was King Edward.

She's a great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria.

That's scary. Zara is 11th. Well, at least, she will be the most fashionable of queens.

Thank you norwegianne. I had spent the last several minutes trying to find one online. :flower: :)

Alexandria, I have accepted all the opinions and to reforce mine I only said an example. That's all. I didn't try to curb anything. In fact, when I realised I was talking with people that liked her, I just questioned if I should stop because, for any reason, some people wouldn't like my comments. All I received were 3 or 4 (I don't remember) posts saying I was imparcial and that I should be more careful with the things I said (not yours). I just felt misunderstood or unrespected and I tryied to defense myself. I think I didn't hurt nobody with what I did and also I said to stop talking about a discussion which didn't have nothing to do with the thread. Now, Jacqueline and I are solving the problem and I think everything would be fine. However, I think it wasn't my fault but if anyone felt bad, I apologize.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 5:35 pm
I remember the incident when photographers tried to take Marius' picture while he was playing in the park with friends -- the poor little boy!
What happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jacqueline@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 4:20 pm
She also chose to do it right after her nephew and the family were celebrating the birth of his first child along with the people of Norway. It was very crude of her to do that at a time like this.
Since it wasn't she who decided when the programme was about to air, and it was taped during this fall and intended to be shown straight afterwards, that's an accusation that shouldn't be pointed at her, but at TV2. My take with them is that the interview was controversial enough, but it's not very exciting to listen to an old woman rant, which she had done in the papers about the trip to Brazil anyway, so they save the tape for later. Voila, in February they need something exciting to boost their numbers, and since Ingrid Alexandra won't do it for them, they pick Ragnhild Alexandra's comments from earlier out of their archive.

So, the blame for the time situation and its crudeness can be put at the door of TV2.

Other than that... I agree completely.

Originally posted by Jacqueline@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 5:20 pm
I am sure that isn't the firs time that his sister has been hard on his family. She most likely has been saying things for years. She is bitter, so I would believe that she had been making comments in public for quite some time.

I agree that she is of a different time, however, so is her brother and he made the necessary adjustments to his children's choices of spouses. It is simply just another case of the older generation criticizing the younger as usual.

No, she may not have said anything to cause the monarchy to fall, but regardless of her age, it was in extremely bad taste for her to do so.
I believe you're exactly right on target. It was in "bad taste enough" for her husband to realize that his wife's TV interview shouldn't be aired. He went to great lengths to try and stop the publication of that interview. That act indicates that he, at his age, still has a modicum of respect for the monarchy. He knew exactly what it would lead to and the potential harm it would bring.

Can you honestly see CP Haakon going up to her, in private, and give her big hug and kiss? I can't.

Elizajane

Originally posted by carlota+Apr 6th, 2004 - 2:45 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carlota @ Apr 6th, 2004 - 2:45 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by norwegianne@Apr 6th, 2004 - 2:34 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-royal_sophietje
@Apr 6th, 2004 - 1:56 pm
Is there still much media attention to Raghnild's comments???

It was over as soon as the media got something else (*cough*Sven Høiby*cough*) to think about.
were there any comments about him or about his attendance to ingrid's christening? [/b][/quote]
Well, not really. He's been telling everybody (aka. the press) since Ingrid Alexandra's birth, that Haakon told him he'd be invited. So it wasn't a shock. It'd been more shocking had they chosen not to invite him.

I was thinking more along the various pr stunts he keeps doing.

The Princess got the name Ragnhild from the mother of Norway's first King: Harald Fairhair (Hårfagre.) She's mentioned in Snorre. While being pregnant with Harald she dreamt about a tree whose branches grew so wide that it covered all the land, or something like that. A sign that her son was born for greatness.

She is also named Alexandra for Queen Alexandra of Great Britain.

There is a new Scandinavian [Norway, Sweden and Finland...?] Church opening in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil today, former Norwegian Prime Minister, Torbjørn Jagland is doing the official opening. Princess Ragnhild will be the guest of honour.

Info from http://www.sjomannskirken.no

can anyone post pics of the princess' family and in laws?
thank u.

2003-11-21: RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL: Ragnhild Alexandra Lorentzen's marriage at Sao Pedro de Alcantara. The princess, 34, is niece of King Harald V of Norway. Her mother, princess Ranghild, Mrs Lorentzen (sister of King of Norway and on sucession line to biritish Crown) have two more children and lives in Rio de Janeiro since 1953. PHOTO: RONIE FARIA/BRAINPIX

Attachments

• 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  01.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 01.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4,167
  • 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  02.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 02.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2,636
  • 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  03.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 03.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 8,426
  • 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  04.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 04.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,476
  • 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  05.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 05.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3,501
  • 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  06.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 06.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2,142
  • 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  07.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 07.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,204
  • 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  08.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 08.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2,051
  • 2003-11-13 Ragnhild  09.jpg
    2003-11-13 Ragnhild 09.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 9,449
Does anyone know where Princess Ragnhild live?Does she always be in Norway?Because i saw she does not often attends National Day or State Banquets like her sister Princess Astrid?

Princess Ragnhild lives in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, and has done so for the past 50 years, at least.

More info can be found in the 1905-2005 Norwegian Monarchybiography of her.

Ragnhilds son Haakon and his wife Martha in Oslo, 2001 (VG):

And here is a old article about why they didn't go to Ingrids baptsim:
Tør ikke reise til dåpen
t.gif
Full narkokrig i Rio de Janeiro - Lorentzen dropper barnedåpen
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=223542

And BTW how old is their children Olav Alexander, Christian Fredrik and Sophia Anne? 19, 17 and 11?

And have anyone that picture of the hole Lorentzen family pluss King Harald and Queen Sonja from 2003-2004?

What did the article say? Can someone translate?

HMQueenElizabethII said:
A strange hat of Princess Ragnhild i have just found but not sure when was it::eek:
What a STRANGE hat! Thanks for the pic... but that hat...:p :D

It is beautiful photo on Princess Ragnhild and Erling. Princess Ragnhild is young his older 75th birthday and his husband over 80 year. They married over 50 year.

I scanned this pictures from "Hjemmet". The magazine is from October

1. Erling infront of his childhood home in Oslo
2. Ragnhild and Erling on the official visit from Sweden. He is wearing a order from Brazil
3. Ragnhild and Erling in Ingrids chirstening

4. The chirsteing of Olav Alexander Lorentzen
5. The engamet of Ragnhild and Erling
6. family photo from 2003 in Oslo for Erlings 80th birthday:
Christian Fredrik, Martha, little Sophia Anne, Haakon, Olav Alexander, Ragnhild Alexandra, Erling Sven, Ingeborg, Victoria and Paulo

7. The wedding of Ragnhild and Erling
8. The same picture in a smaller version
9. Ragnhild with her eldst children; Haakon and Ingeborg

LaMinka said:
Some pictures scanned by me from Se og Hor magazine:

Thanks for the scans, LaMinka !:):)

may i ask why Erling was given a brazilian order? is he noble or he was given because he married a princess?

Last edited:
He is not nobel, there is no nobility in Norway, He was a sort of war hero I suppose, part of the resistance movement in Norway during WW2 so he might have some medals related to that. He is a major employer in Brazil though, albeit not everything about his business is rosey rosey.:neutral:

Last week Princess Ragnhild and her husband attended on Ullevåll stadium the soccergame between Norway and Brazil, the result was 1-1 and Norway is still the one country that has not lost to Brazil (impossible as it might sound:lol: ) they were accompanied by the President of the soccer confederation Sondre Kåfjord, the event did not appear on the royal agenda

Back
Top Bottom