Oslo and Utøya Attacks & the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have we had any news about the Royal Family since today's attacks in Norway? are they save? have they made any appearances/comments so far?

The article in the post just about yours says that they weren't in Oslo today and are safe. However, to my knowledge, they haven't made any statements yet.:flowers:

Have we had any news about the Royal Family since today's attacks in Norway? are they save? have they made any appearances/comments so far?

translation of the king's statement:

We have witnessed horrific acts, both in Oslo and Utøya.
Our thoughts go naturally to those affected and their relatives.
Men de går også til statsministeren, som jeg har snakket med, - til det politiske Norge.​
But they also go to the Prime Minister, whom I have spoken to, - to the political Norway.

We would like to thank all those who have helped to save lives, to rescue people out of this terrible situation.

Now it is important that we stand together and support each other. The fact that we do not let fear rule, but we support each other and get us through this terrible situation that we have experienced.

translation of the king's statement:

We have witnessed horrific acts, both in Oslo and Utøya.

Our thoughts go naturally to those affected and their relatives.
Men de går også til statsministeren, som jeg har snakket med, - til det politiske Norge.​
But they also go to the Prime Minister, whom I have spoken to, - to the political Norway.

We would like to thank all those who have helped to save lives, to rescue people out of this terrible situation.

Now it is important that we stand together and support each other. The fact that we do not let fear rule, but we support each other and get us through this terrible situation that we have experienced.

Thank you for the translation. I can't believe this happened.

The King closed his speech with these words:

"Freedom is more powerful than fear"

According to the website of the royal family, the queen, Haakon and Mette Marit will go to light candles for the victims at the Cathedral in Oslo today at 18.20 norwegian time.
The whole royal family, including Märtha Louise and Ari, will attend a service at the Cathedral tomorrow at 11.00

King Harald, queen Sonja and crown prince Haakon comforting the survivors and family members.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Last edited:
This website touched me.... It speaks of "Norway, freedom and trust".... Seeker

Shetland islanders are in mourning over Norway atrocity (BBC)

Shetland (politically a part of Scotland) is 200 miles from Norway, with Norse and Viking heritage.

The Convener of Shetland Islands Council expressed his sympathy.

Knut Western, the Norwegian Chairman of the Tall Ships Races 2011, expressed his sympathy on behalf of Sail Training International.
The ships are in Lerwick at present, but they will continue to Stavanger in Norway.

Shetland has many historic links, e.g. during WWII through the "Shetland Bus".

Alex Salmond, the First Minister of Scotland, offered the Norwegian Government any assistance they may require.
Scottish Labour Leader Iain Gray sent a message of support and solidarity to the Norwegian Labour Party.

Last edited:
Have you noticed that the website of the NRF are framed in black now? :(
What a strong way of showing support :( :( :(

Last edited:
Mette-Marit and Haakon along with other members of the Norweigan Royal Family will attend a memorial service tommorow (today in Norway) for the 92 victims of the attack in Oslo and Uland. May God bless the victims, their families and the people of Norway and let them know that the thoughts and prayers of the international community are with them.

imgres

I dag er vi alle norske

Terrible facts! Very moving photos of the RF. My warm feelings for everyone from Norway at this forum. You'll have to be stronger than ever and don't let radicals, xenophobic extremists, ruin the democratic, multicultural society you've been building on the last decades. God bless you all.

Sooo touching pictures!
Mette Marit crying nearly made me cry as well.
I am impressed how they were taking the children with them but explaining them the circumstances - not letting them alone. But involving the children in the biggest tragedy of their country.
What a wonderful contribution of the Royal Family after this dreadful news from Norway.
Bye Bine

Marius is 14-years old now, so maybe this tragedy of very young people killed moves norwegian royals especially much because of that.

Marius is 14-years old now, so maybe this tragedy of very young people killed moves norwegian royals especially much because of that.

Absolutely, I can imagine the Norwegian CPC can put themselves in the place of all the parents who lost children, making it even more emotional.

The royal family will attend memorial services today:

Their Majesties The King and Queen attend the memorial service in Oslo Cathedral. Their Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn will also be in attendance (11:00).

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend Memorial Service at Norderhov church, Ringerike (11:00).

Thank you for the pictures.
I quite admire how fast the family came out so fast and showed support to the people and the victims. It's also nice to see that they have included the children even though they are quite young.

The royal family will attend memorial services today:

[...]

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend Memorial Service at Norderhov church, Ringerike (11:00).

Sammen i sorgens landskap - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no
Google Translation

https://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bni2dY0IM11J/610x.jpg

Looking at all those pictures brings me to tears every time. My heart is with the Norwegians.
https://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bOc5II3BsbNi/610x.jpg
daylife pictures
https://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=Sundvollen+july+24
https://www.daylife.com/search?q=memorial+service+july+24

Last edited by a moderator:
Such moving pictures of the family.

Back
Top Bottom