Opening of the Parliament (Stortinget) 2004 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe they have a collection of 23 carriages. One of them is the coronation coach, and there are several other nice ones. But as they don't have horses, they don't use them anylonger. But it would have been nice to use this for parliament opening and state visits.

I don't know why they didn't maintain the horses, unless it was seen as wasteful. I'm gonna suspect the Nazi occupation had something to do with it.

There is a note from TIME in 1938 that Maud stipulated her four favorite saddle horses at Sandringham be put down after her death, because she couldn't bear to think of them in other hands... I really hope that wasn't the case with any of the Norwegian ones.

Does anyone know when the last year they did this with carriages was?

Last edited:
She never attends this. Neither did Sonja when she was Crown Princess.

It’s always The King, The Queen and The Crown Prince.

we gonna see Mette-Marit attending when she become Queen

Am I correct in thinking that we saw queen Sonja seated in a throne she had never used before during the opening of the Norwegian parliament?

Is it a new throne made for her, or has an older throne been chosen to function as the consort's throne instead of just seating her on a chair that was originally made for a prince?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I correct in thinking that we saw queen Sonja seated in a throne she had never used before during the opening of the Norwegian parliament?

Is it a new throne made for her, or has an older throne been chosen to function as the consort's throne instead of just seating her on a chair that was originally made for a prince?

Yes she sat in the old royal throne wich was used by the King before the current throne came in use.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/n...as-just-passed-from-a-king-to-a-queen-193616/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom