The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 10-02-2014, 07:40 PM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,289
Stil og stemning ved Stortingets ňpning | Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-06-2014, 12:30 PM
fairy tale's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: B., Germany
Posts: 3,285
from the NRF-website http://www.royalcourt.no/nyhet.html?...2754&sek=27262

King Harald's speech Hans Majestet Kongens tale til det 159. Storting ved dets ňpning - regjeringen.no
Google Translation
__________________

__________________
Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely. - The Land Before Time
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Great pictures. Kjell Arne Totland wrote:

The opening of the National Assembly is a solemn occasion in all democratic countries. However, the shape varies greatly from nation to nation. Also in Europe's constitutional monarchies. In Denmark and Sweden the monarch and the rest of the royal family have a place at the opening, but only as spectators - and in everyday attire. [Not true, the King of Sweden speaks some words. / DeP]

In the United Kingdom and in the Netherlands carriages, grand attire and full ceremonial is used. The monarch stands central in the ceremony, addressing from the throne. Also in Norway the King addresses from the throne and undertakes the formal opening of Parliament from his throne under the painting depicting the Assembly at Eidsvoll.

The autumn opening of Parliament is always a beautiful and dignified ceremony, with both the King and the Crown Prince dressed in Army parade uniform with Norwegian Orders and decorations. Today, rare and for once, both wore the golden coller of St Olav and the sapphire-coloured riband of the Royal Norwegian Order of Merit.

According tradition also Queen Sonja was seated on the dais, elegant as always. Apart from some exceptions, Queen Sonja prefers black and red attires, which fits perfectly with the colours of the beautiful interior of the Storting as well the King's uniform. This year Queen Sonja wore an exquisite outfit from Peter Dundas (House of Pucci): a collarless, pheasant-red (?) peplum-cut jacket and a slim black pencil skirt. A black hat with broken trim matched the outfit.

Queen Sonja wore large modern jewelry in oxidized silver made by the Norwegian jewelry-artist Gine Sommerfeldt. Usually outdoors -and in the car to and from Parliament- Queen Sonja wore a crimson cape with black fox collar made by the the Norwegian Arnt ěystein Solvang. In Thursday's warm autumn weather however, our clothes-conscious Queen chose to throw a small cape in black cashmere over the shoulders.

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 AM
fairy tale's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: B., Germany
Posts: 3,285
video from the Opening 2014 NRK TV - Det 159. Stortings h°ytidelige ňpning - 02.10.2014
__________________
Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely. - The Land Before Time
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-28-2015, 04:49 PM
fairy tale's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: B., Germany
Posts: 3,285
Opening of the Parliament 2015

Quote:
02.10.2015 Formal opening of the Storting
His Majesty The King will undertake the formal opening of the 160th session of the Storting. Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will also be in attendance (13:00).
The Royal House of Norway - Official engagements
__________________
Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely. - The Land Before Time
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-02-2015, 10:50 AM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 1,875
This program will be available later today, hope it works outside Norway.

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/nyheter/NNFA41023615/02-10-2015

Kongen hoppet over en del av trontalen - NRK Norge - Oversikt over nyheter fra ulike deler av landet
Quote:
The King skipped parts of the Speech.

Translated by me.

King Harald did not read the whole text, when he held the government's speech from the throne in the Parliament Friday.

It was NTB who first noticed that the king did not read everything.

The speech began with the refugee crisis and Norway's efforts both in the countries affected and at home.

He did the same in 2007.
I am in Norway now and I saw it on TV from the office.

The King is getting a bit frail, he has back and knee problems, and he has trouble walking. I've seen him several times and both I and others have noticed that he is breathing very heavily, especially after going up stairs.

I look forward to January 17, 2016, when he celebrates 25 years on the throne. And till 2017, when he and Queen Sonja celebrates their 80th birthdays. And till 2018 when they celebrate their golden wedding anniversary.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Great pictures. Kjell Arne Totland wrote:

The opening of the National Assembly is a solemn occasion in all democratic countries. However, the shape varies greatly from nation to nation. Also in Europe's constitutional monarchies. In Denmark and Sweden the monarch and the rest of the royal family have a place at the opening, but only as spectators - and in everyday attire. [Not true, the King of Sweden speaks some words. / DeP]

In the United Kingdom and in the Netherlands carriages, grand attire and full ceremonial is used. The monarch stands central in the ceremony, addressing from the throne. Also in Norway the King addresses from the throne and undertakes the formal opening of Parliament from his throne under the painting depicting the Assembly at Eidsvoll.

The autumn opening of Parliament is always a beautiful and dignified ceremony, with both the King and the Crown Prince dressed in Army parade uniform with Norwegian Orders and decorations. Today, rare and for once, both wore the golden coller of St Olav and the sapphire-coloured riband of the Royal Norwegian Order of Merit.

According tradition also Queen Sonja was seated on the dais, elegant as always. Apart from some exceptions, Queen Sonja prefers black and red attires, which fits perfectly with the colours of the beautiful interior of the Storting as well the King's uniform. This year Queen Sonja wore an exquisite outfit from Peter Dundas (House of Pucci): a collarless, pheasant-red (?) peplum-cut jacket and a slim black pencil skirt. A black hat with broken trim matched the outfit.

Queen Sonja wore large modern jewelry in oxidized silver made by the Norwegian jewelry-artist Gine Sommerfeldt. Usually outdoors -and in the car to and from Parliament- Queen Sonja wore a crimson cape with black fox collar made by the the Norwegian Arnt ěystein Solvang. In Thursday's warm autumn weather however, our clothes-conscious Queen chose to throw a small cape in black cashmere over the shoulders.


The King of Sweden no longer speaks from the throne or wears orders (as it used to be the case until 1974) to signify the constitutional change in effect since 1975 according to which the monarch is no longer part of the government. Accordingly, he doesn't read a government program as the British monarch does. Instead, he speaks freely on major issues of the day (this year, the main theme was the European refugee crisis) and, in many ways, is far more influential than other monarchs who only serve as a spokesperson for the government.

If I understand it correctly, after the King of Sweden officially declares the parliamentary session open, then the prime minister addresses the chamber to present the government's legislative program.

Also, although the Swedish royal family now wears normal attire in the opening of parliament, they arrive by carriage. It is still a little bit more formal than in Denmark then.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,733
From the NRF website
kongehuset.no - Opna det 160. stortinget

another pic
http://80.91.34.200/previews/ta/9/df/w_nor_ta9df01c.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,733
Looks like the king skipped a whole page of the speech
Kongen hoppet over en del av trontalen - Kongehuset - VG
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-02-2015, 02:49 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Looks like the king skipped a whole page of the speech
Kongen hoppet over en del av trontalen - Kongehuset - VG
Yes, I posted it above.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Yes, I posted it above.
opps sorry. I saw a link on twitter
Im thinking maybe the pages got stuck together or something
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Looks like the king skipped a whole page of the speech
Kongen hoppet over en del av trontalen - Kongehuset - VG

I don't think anyone would call for King Harald to abdicate over that mistake though , or would they ?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-02-2015, 03:19 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't think anyone would call for King Harald to abdicate over that mistake though , or would they ?
No, of course not. As I said in my previous post above ''he's a bit frail now'', but he did the same in 2007 and the media / people here is just laughing of it.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mexico, Mexico
Posts: 331
HI, HERE ALL THE CEREMONY
https://www.stortinget.no/no/Hva-skj...2734&meid=9685
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,531
kongehuset.no - Opna det 160. stortinget
__________________
Acclamation Manuel II of Portugal: 6 May 1908
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,250
Wonderful ceremony, I LOVED the open top 1960's American style car the King & Queen arrived in! how funky
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-02-2015, 07:35 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Wonderful ceremony, I LOVED the open top 1960's American style car the King & Queen arrived in! how funky
This car is from 1966, when it was bought by King Olav. It was used for Harald and Sonja's wedding in 1968, but it was sold to many peoples disappointments in 1992. It was loaned back to Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding in 2001, and bought back by the palace in 2002.

http://ap.mnocdn.no/incoming/article...d=021020151341
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Wonderful ceremony, I LOVED the open top 1960's American style car the King & Queen arrived in! how funky
Is it just my impression or are the British, Swedish and Dutch royal families the only European royal families that still (occasionally) use horsedrawn carriages ? Belgium, Norway and Spain seem to have fully switched to motorized transport only, which is a shame really. I don't know about Denmark though.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-03-2015, 03:08 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Is it just my impression or are the British, Swedish and Dutch royal families the only European royal families that still (occasionally) use horsedrawn carriages ? Belgium, Norway and Spain seem to have fully switched to motorized transport only, which is a shame really. I don't know about Denmark though.
Denmark also used horsdrawn carriages for special occasions. And every year the Queen and Prince Consort make a tour in the Golden Coach from Amalienborg to Chriasnborg for one of the New Years Courts.
In Spain carriages are used when new ambassadors come to the Royal Palace in madrid to present their credentials to the King.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-26-2016, 06:06 PM
fairy tale's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: B., Germany
Posts: 3,285
Opening of the Storting 2016

The Storting will be opened on next Monday, October 3.
Quote:
03.10.2016 Opening of the Storting
His Majesty The King will undertake the formal opening of the 161h session of the Storting. Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will also be in attendance (13:00).
__________________

__________________
Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely. - The Land Before Time
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crown prince haakon, haakon, haakon magnus, harald v, king harald, queen sonja, sonja, stortinget


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opening of Parliament: 2003-2008, 2010-2015 Alexandria Royal House of Jordan 203 11-08-2016 01:13 AM
Opening of Parliament (Folketinget) 2003-2016 Josefine Royal House of Denmark 401 10-06-2016 05:31 AM
State Opening of Parliament 2002-2016 Josefine British Royals 596 05-26-2016 03:47 PM
Opening of the Tenth Legislature: December 2011 lula Royal Family of Spain 43 12-30-2011 11:35 AM
Opening of Parliament 2011 iceflower Royal House of Sweden 27 09-18-2011 05:15 AM




Popular Tags
#jewels ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail elia zaharia fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction mette-marit monarchy nepal new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde hats queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania religion royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises