Opening of the new Opera, April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Margrethe's dress, she looks very regal. Mette-Marit dress looks beautiful when the jacket is removed, she seems to have worked on her posture and is looking very elegant and beautiful tonight. Victoria is her usual wonderful self looking beautiful as always and I'm not quite sure what to think of Queen Sonja's dress yet, maybe when there are more photos of it :flowers:

Last edited:
Now that I've seen more of Sonja's dress I have to say I like it but she doesn't seem to be as dressed-up as the others.

Video of the Arrival and the opening
NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

Are the black sleeves on Sonja's dress part of the dress? :huh:I think the dress grows a little bit on me. It's not her best, but also not her worst. (yellow nightmare)

I think I quite like MM's look tonight. The dress looks much better without the jacket. She looked fine.
I just wish she would have done something with her hair!

Another Gallery:
Operaen åpnet

Victoria, MM and Haakon walking up the stairs
http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2008/04/12/1208033589376_227.jpg

Another Video
Her ankommer de kongelige operafesten - Rampelys - VGTV

I don't think the Chancellor's dress was that bad! At least in moving pictures!

Last edited:
I love the design of the new Opera House, simply amazing looking. The opening looked like fun and the women looked fantastic. Mette Marit's dress was divine.

Well, I think the style awards go to Margrethe and Victoria, although I am thrilled so see Mette Marit in such a lovely colour - she couldn't have gotten further awar from her normal dark colours!

The opera house looks fantastic, very modern but still appropriate.

Victoria was absolutely wonderful last night!!!!! her dresse was just perfect!!

That is awful:eek: What was she thinking:eek:
Actually the press seem to disagree with you. They were prasing the chancellor's look.
And, honestly, I was positively surprised as well.
We usually just see her with pant suits. The gala look was somehow really elegant.
I liked the green jacket she wore. IMO the dress looked really elegant in videos.

Video:
Dronningen om operaåpningen: - Jeg har ikke ord! - Rampelys - VGTV

The Queen obviously loved the Gala opening :D and the Chancellor welcomed the Press in German. ;)

Another Gallery by Side 2 (scroll down :) )
- Dette hadde jeg aldri trodd - Side2

Close-up of Sonja's dress:
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/slideshow/157983/1.jpg

Last edited:
Many pictures by Knudsens Fotosenter:
Knudsens Fotosenter AS - D. Image archive and Historical

MM, Haakon &Victoria
Preview of '2A4W00198592.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7

Firework
Preview of '2A4W02198593.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7
Preview of '2A4W02198564.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7

Watching the Opening
Preview of '2A4W00198582.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7
Preview of '2A4W00198584.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7
Preview of '2A4W00198583.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7

Stoltenberg and Merkel
Preview of '2A4W99198557.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7
Preview of '2A4W99198555.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7

EDIT:
More Videos:
Arrival
http://www.aftenposten.no/webtv/?id=9536
Fireworks
http://www.aftenposten.no/webtv/?id=9538&cat=22

Helen88 said:
What was she doing there anyway?
She had an Audiance in the Palace in the morning and visited the Much Museum in the afternoon.
So she was invited to attend the opening of the Gala as well.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the information and links!

But, no pics of arrival the guests on airport Oslo?

Thanks to all for the information and links!

But, no pics of arrival the guests on airport Oslo?
No, they didn't take any.
I guess the agencies were just not interested in sending photograpers to the airport as they knew there'd be better pics in the evening. ;)

Unfortunately many of the pictures of the Chancellor were taken from above allowing a look at her decolletage that is not the most appealing. At some point in most womens lives the breast muscles do not allow for a perky view and at that time a slightly higher neck line looks better. Other than the revealing peek she looked very elegant.
Victoria - stunning. She has found her style and she will eventually follow her mother's elegance.
Congratulations to Norway on your beautiful Opera House.

Last edited:
Mette-Marit has so ugly hair-roots :ermm:
she has to do something with it!!! :bang:

I agree but apart from that all ladies look lovely. I particulary love MMs, Sonjas & Victorias style & outfits - very elegant and appropriate to the occasion.

CP Victoria looks so elegant. She has such poise.

I really like Margrethe's dress, she looks very regal. Mette-Marit dress looks beautiful when the jacket is removed, she seems to have worked on her posture and is looking very elegant and beautiful tonight. Victoria is her usual wonderful self looking beautiful as always and I'm not quite sure what to think of Queen Sonja's dress yet, maybe when there are more photos of it :flowers:

Indeed! Mette Marit looks very beautiful and elegant!!! :flowers:

I noticed Queen Margrethe was alone, Prince Henrik???? Did invitations go out to Prince Joachim & Marie ?? It would have been nice to see them attend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom