Opening of the 100th year celebrations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Haakon and Mette-Marit at the centenary show in Drammen. Haakon in tail coat and Mette-Marit in a period dress, a diamond brooch, the earrings after CP Märtha and two long necklaces and some feathers in her hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mette-Marit looks lovely! I really like her hair!

Mette Marit looks incredibly beautiful. I assume the dress is based on traditional Norwegian costume?

More from the theatre, I do think she looked very beautiful, even if it is black...again

ETA: Pictures from Colourpress

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 488
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 529
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 531
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 490
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 546
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 456
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 474
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 440
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 535
They could have added a tiara, if it is not appropriate to wear a tiara to celebrate 100 years without the Swedes I dont know when it is appropriate:D

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 522
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 517
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 446
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 447
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 846
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 481
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 479
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 456

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 422
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 416
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 494
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 394
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 425
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 415
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 399
Crown Princess Mette-Marit indeed looked wonderful! The hair creation is superb, and her whole appearance is just sparkling - amazing! Wonderful pictures, thanks to all who posted them!

Lazen said:
They could have added a tiara, if it is not appropriate to wear a tiara to celebrate 100 years without the Swedes I dont know when it is appropriate
Okay - I did not "hear" that... "Brödrafolkens väl", remember! So it should be, among all of our Scandinavian countries. :)

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit indeed looked wonderful! The hair creation is superb, and her whole appearance is just sparkling - amazing! Wonderful pictures, thanks to all who posted them!

Okay - I did not "hear" that... "Brödrafolkens väl", remember! So it should be, among all of our Scandinavian countries. :)
I agree - very flattering.

I think Mette Marit looks stunning yet again! I love the black fur boa and that's twice in recent engagements the Princess has worn fur. Very glamorous!

servingsophie said:
Mette Marit looks incredibly beautiful. I assume the dress is based on traditional Norwegian costume?

This is actually not a traditional Norwegian costume. In the pictures you are refering to she is wearing a dress from around 1905 (I don't think it is from 1905, but is a replica). They might have gotten inspiration from Queen Mauds dresses from that period.

But I found a picture of CP Mette-Marit in a traditional Norwegian costume at www.nrk.no

http://www.nrk.no/img/185516.jpeg

This is a picture of CP Mette-Marit in one variety of the national costume of Norway (its generally called bunad). This is a bunad from Hardanger, which she got in her wedding. She also have a bunad from Vest-Agder that she has had since she was young.

It is used for special occasions such as the national day, weddings, christenings and even as a galadress at the palace (that is for invited guests, very often ministers of government, their spouses and members of parliament).

All members of the royal family, apart from the King, have several bunad. There has been a discussion about wether the royal family should wear bunad or not. Because bunad represent regions and counties in Norway, and the royal family should represent the entire country. But Queen Maud started the tradition so I don't think the royal family will stop using it, and I think that most Norwegian think it's ok that they wear bunad form some regions/counties.

GrandDuchess said:

Hm, was clear, that such a comment would come from a Swede. The idea of an new union with Norway must be tempting for them...finally a crown princess with a hair style! :p :)

Yes, Mette Marit´s hair looked great. She looked stunning, every inch a Royal now.

Thanks to those, who have posted the pictures as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom