Norwegian Royal Family Current Events 2: December 2006 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, Queen Sonja and CP Mette-Marit attend a performance celebrating the Norwegian author and feminist Camilla Collett in the Palace Chapel, followed by the laying of flowers at the statue of Collett in the Palace Park, June 12, 2013.
first picture - more will follow soon

here are more pictures :flowers:
I think Queen Sonja has her bag under the cape, which make her look a bit strange in the second picture.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6 - Picture 7 - Picture 8

and another one from inside the Chapel http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2623/15983217.jpg

ADD: Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6 - Picture 7

article with bigger picture http://www.namdalsavisa.no/Innenriks/article6705500.ece
Google Translation

http://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=116343&sek=26939
Google Translation

Last edited:
big pictures without watermarks in the following article
KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Fra hundevakt til stemmerettsfest - Side2 (scroll down)
Google Translation
another Picture
and few more pictures Kirken.no - Dronningen hedret Camilla Collett

On a different note, I'm very happy to see, that the CP Couple and Princess Astrid will be together at the Bislett Games 2013 tomorrow.:flowers:
13.06.2013 Bislett Games 2013
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner attend Bislett Games 2013.

On a different note, I'm very happy to see, that the CP Couple and Princess Astrid will be together at the Bislett Games 2013 tomorrow.:flowers:

Ah no, Princess Astrid is not included in this event in the official engagement calendar any more. I hope she will come nevertheless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this has been posted before:
On the start page of the official website there was posted another three-generations picture of the King, the Crown Prince and Ingrid Alexandra.

Picture

source: kongehuset.no - Forsiden

Last edited:
:previous:Very nice pictures...Im a little surprise not seeing the King here:ermm:

They are such a cute family:wub:

Ingrid Alexandra looked especially adorable!

I LOVE Ingrid-Alexandra, what a beautiful little girl!! Thanks for all the pictures!!
But I wonder, does anyone else think that her dress is too short for a girl her age?

I LOVE Ingrid-Alexandra, what a beautiful little girl!! Thanks for all the pictures!!
But I wonder, does anyone else think that her dress is too short for a girl her age?

Too short for her age?! Sometimes I wonder what kind of thoughts cross people´s minds....!
This is a simple, neat and very innocent white dress perfect for a nine year old and she looks very cute in it - nothing "vulgar", that can be said sometimes of elder girls or women wearing short skirts.:whistling:
So, I don´t understand your objection!

I think it was ok, but maybe a little bit too childish (yes: "cute"...) She seems in this clothes as daddy's little good-girl, but I think IA is more independent, confident, lively. Something other would fit better for her personality. IMO
And did you notice how bad/slovenly Mette-Marit was? IA was pretty, the Queen elegant, Haakon goodlooking, but MM... I think she was with this look a little bit disrespectful toward the Queen, who had an important day in her life.

I think a nine-year old can still wear childish clothes. Starting wearing more grown-up-clothes at 12 is early enough. Besides, she doesn´t dress always like "daddy´s little good girl" - but for this particular event this dress was just perfect.
By the way: The objection was this dress was too short for her age, even too daring as I understood it - so, quite the opposite of your opinion that it was too naive.
In that respect it seems even royal children can´t really do right...

In 2001 were not only the CP-couple in London:
"Trafalgar Square, London, UK, 12.12.2001: Every year the Norwegian people give a christmas tree to the city of London. This year it was Crown Princess and the Crown Prince who turned on the lights. In the crowd was a young man shouting "hallo mum, here I am. Mummy, I am here!". It was her son Marius Borg Hoiby (4) , sitting on his father Morten Borg's shoulders. In front is his girlfriend Camilla Gjelstad. To the right is Mortens brother Anders and his daughter Alexandra who lives in London. Queen Sonja is Alexandra's godmother and also "steph-grandmother" for Marius."
All Over Press Finland

(Does anybody know what is the relationship between Queen Sonja and Morten Borg's brother, that she is the godmother for the little girl?)

Today, October 16, King Harald presided over 2 extraordinary Councils of State at the Royal Palace, that CP Haakon attended as well.
Reason was the change of government, Erna Solberg is the new Prime Minister of Norway (following Jens Stoltenberg who has been Prime Minister since 2005 until today).
kongehuset.no - Regjeringsskifte
Google Translation

The King plays an important role in the formal transition from one government to the next. You can read more about it here The Royal House of Norway - Change of government

A nice picture: King and Crown Prince glance through the Palace window
http://translate.google.de/translat...2013/10/16/kongelige-tilskuere-orkesterplass/

Last edited:
Today, October 15, 2013, King Harald undertook the formal opening of the 7th Sameting (The Sami Parliament). CP Haakon attended as well.

King Harald's opening speech The Royal House of Norway - Sametinget 2013: Åpningstale
Google Translation

a short video NRK TV - Dagsrevyen - 15.10.2013

video of the full opening Følg åpningen av Sametinget på NRK1 - NRK Sápmi

article with more pictures Det sjuende Sameting er åpnet - NRK Sápmi
Google Translation

another picture from inside http://www.folkebladet.no/nyheter/article8447079.ece/ALTERNATES/w980-default/high_sz6b21bf.jpg

Never from the bishop dinner:hammer: Except in 2004 they showed a little glimpse on the Year with the Royal family. Then the King said it was a tradition King Haakon started that this gala dinner for the bishops was completely private and this was a tradtion he and his father had kept. In the images one could see all the bishops in their robes, Haakon and Harald in white tie and Mette-Marit and Sonja in long dresses and tiaras. And then The dinner started by the bishop singing some traditional hymn. They were all sitting around a quite small candel-light table

There are always pictures from the Gala Dinner for Stortinget, often from the gala dinner for diplomats and sometimes from the dinner for county men.

Here is the video about the dinner with the Bishops from 2004:
NRK TV - Året med kongefamilien - 31.12.2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom