Norwegian Royal Family Current Events 2: December 2006 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This tradition of a Norvegian Christmas tree to London is as nice as the tulips' one from the Netherlands to Ottawa. I just love those traditions.

I very honestly believe that IA is trying to hide because she's shy of wearing sad baby fashion! She knows that she is not only a princess but a future queen and can't come to the idea of being photographed in those boring winter kiddie clothes, especially in a fashion capital such as London

Norwegian Royal Family Current Events 2: December 2006 -

This thread is reserved for current news and pictures of events and occasions attended by several members of the Norwegian Royal Family. However, special events like 'May 17' will have their own threads.

Pictures in this thread don't need to be reposted to individual threads.

The old thread can be found here.

Remember to review the new TRF Rules and the New Photo Posting Rules that came into effect November 1, 2006 before posting.

Have fun!

Mandy

The whole family sans Ari Behn has posed for pics in the royal palace infront of the x-mas three today, Märtha, Sonja, Mette-Marit, Ingrid and Marius in bunads.:flowers:

Larzen said:
The whole family sans Ari Behn has posed for pics in the royal palace infront of the x-mas three today, Märtha, Sonja, Mette-Marit, Ingrid and Marius in bunads.:flowers:
...why sans Ari Behn??:ermm:

The pictures are great! Sverre is a doll..As for Ari Behn, I think he was busy promoting his new book. I wonder why Marius was in the natl costume vut not the crown prince

A look back on Norway's Royal Family during the year 2006:
Side 2
You can find many links to old articles and pictures that have been published during the year.

Furniture to Freezer (Aftenposten)
All the Royal Family's furniture at their residence Stiftsgarden in Trondheim will be going into a freezer. :rolleyes:
Read the full article here.

Thanks for the link, Larzen! The video works for me! :)
The Queen looks really beautiful during this interview! I like her hairdo!

There will be some meager 2 weeks of Norwegian royal news because of to day there is not one royal in Norway the next two weeks

Press release
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=6404
In relation to the 70th birthdays of the King and Queen in 2007, The King and Queen, The Crown Prince Family, Princess Märtha Louise and family is on vacation in the Caribbean

HM The King will be back in the country on the 25th
So not even state councils the next two weeks, Very unusual

Further Se og Høre reports that everyone from Haakon and Märthas family was on the same plane to London, that is all the 6 heirs on the same plane
dry.gif

http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Nor...ngehus/1.366127

When I posted the calendar I could not understand that 2 weeks gap in the calendar but now it is clear why.

Larzen said:
So not even state councils the next two weeks, Very unusual

I wonder who "runs" the country then, when there is no regent!?! The President of the Storting I would presume, since he's the "second in command" after the King. Or is it technically a forthnight anarchy :ROFLMAO:

Does the crown princely family include Marius? Is he on holiday too? Does anyone think paparazi pics will emerge soon

I wouldn't be surprised if Marius is there. These are the years when they can bring him with them on holidays in the middle of the school year (as many Norwegian families do with their children)- when he makes it to secondary education, it is much more risky to miss classes.

Larzen said:
Further Se og Høre reports that everyone from Haakon and Märthas family was on the same plane to London, that is all the 6 heirs on the same plane
dry.gif

They must never have seen the movie "King Ralph"! Knock on wood... but I could become queen of Norway! (To the best of my knowledge, I don't have any royal Norwegian connections.)

iowabelle said:
They must never have seen the movie "King Ralph"! Knock on wood... but I could become queen of Norway! (To the best of my knowledge, I don't have any royal Norwegian connections.)
If anything should happen - Norway would be back to how it was in 1905 - with no royal family. Princess Astrid & Princess Ragnhild and their descendants are not in line to the throne. It isn't like the case of the British line that goes on and on and on... ;)

norwegianne said:
If anything should happen - Norway would be back to how it was in 1905 - with no royal family. Princess Astrid & Princess Ragnhild and their descendants are not in line to the throne. It isn't like the case of the British line that goes on and on and on... ;)
So if Norway would be back to how it was 100 years ago; would the King of Sweden again be the King of Norway like it was in the past?:rolleyes:

I am shocked but also glad for the family that the paparazzi have left them alone while they are on vacation.

Her_Majesty said:
So if Norway would be back to how it was 100 years ago; would the King of Sweden again be the King of Norway like it was in the past?:rolleyes:
Nope, new referendum on what we'd like, I suppose. The constitution states that if there are no heir to the throne, then the King can point one out as his sucessor, with the approval of the Storting, but if there were no king... :ermm: All theoretical, though.

crm2317 said:
I am shocked but also glad for the family that the paparazzi have left them alone while they are on vacation.
Really, you are more nobel than me, I was hoping for some pictures;) and am disapointed that even if Se og Hør seems to know where they are the have not managed to get any pictures. all they had today was a bla bla article about Daddys girl Ingrid celebrating her birthday in the caribbean, and then they photshopped a paper crown on her head:lol:

well something else

Royal terror exercises

While Norway's royal family is taking a two-week break in the Caribbean, police and the royal Guards are practicing top security measures around regal properties
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1609129.ece

Aww Larzen of course some pictures would have been nice but only with the family's consent like over the summer or like in Palma de Malllorca with the Spanish royals. I'm consolled by the promise of pictures on return at the birthday celebrations!:flowers:

The link doesn't work for me it is coming up different celebrities each time. Who are the pictures of?

I can see it perfectly. Looks like they are having some fun and Haakon got some tan!

Haakon's blue shorts are really cool! :rolleyes:
I already thought the paparazzi didn't find them or decided to leave them alone.. but okay I see: it was very naive.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom