Norwegian Royal Family Current Events 2: December 2006 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there were more pictures of sonja being a loving grandmother, could anyone recommend a thread that there is? Thanks!

I always love to see the two of them being out and about together.
This was a great event to attend together.

I think I once read that Mette-Marit is about 1,80m while Queen Sonja is about 20 cm smaller, about 1,60m or something. ;)

The Queen nearly as tall as Mette-Marit and the rest of her family...when she stands on a step. :D
http://i35.tinypic.com/2vuyj9e.jpg
bew

That's really sad, i'm like crying!:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain, I would try the Warm Moments between Royals thread - of course it's not just grandparents and grandkids, but I think you'll still find several of Sonja with her grandkids there.

Ingrid is adorable - she does look a little shy but I think I would have been shy at that age, too. She looks like her grandma, so we can expect her to grow up to be a beauty.

Ingrid is a cutie and getting so big!

Ingrid Alexandra is one of the cutest princesses around. And always, so properly dressed for every occasion! I´m a big fan of her parents as well.

What do you mean? You think it is sad that the Queen is a small woman? :huh:

No:ohmy:, not at all i'm not exactly tall myself. I just found it a sweet family moment and thought it was nice that she was standing on the step:). Sorry slang in Ireland is very different compared with normal english.

King Harald and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway shake hands with war
veterans during a visit to Norway's Resistance Museum in Oslo on April
23, 2010.

** Pic **

Director of Norway's Resistance Museum, Crown Prince Haakon and
Marius Borg Hoiby seen during a guided tour in the museum in Oslo
Friday April 23rd 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

A video of the Crown Princess and Marius arriving.

Rosa Mette-Marit på rød løper - VG Nett om Melodi Grand Prix

The Crown Princess looks amazing, I love the dress, and as always it's great to see Marius. He was sweet when he suddenly remembered he brought a flag with him, and rushed to get it from the car.

Princess Martha and Ari both look happy and in great spirits. Lovely to see them as well.

Lovely to see them there. They were showing countries around the world doing a big dance together and flashed to a scene of Mette-Marit, Marius and Ingrid Alexandra doing the dance it was very sweet

Oh, I find it sooo nice: They congratulate our Lena for her victory at the Eurovision Song Contest :wub:

Twitter / Det kongelige hoff: KPM og Marius: Gratulerer ...

And they write abot her on theyr official web site:

kongehuset.no - Melodi Grand Prix

It is great to see, that the Eurovision Song Contest is so famous in Norway, that even the Crownprincess and the Statesminister (?) attended the final. In the past it appeard, that the political and social elite of the presenting countries were not really interested in that contest.

Let's see, what my country will do next year and which (or better: IF) important politicians of Germany will attend.

It's wonderful that the royal family attended the contest.

Lovely to see them there. They were showing countries around the world doing a big dance together and flashed to a scene of Mette-Marit, Marius and Ingrid Alexandra doing the dance it was very sweet

That was my highlight of an overall brilliant show,the Norwegian Contest has been one of the best in years .

Pity the UK & Ireland did so badly :sad:

I was soo happy to see them =) I thought you would see CP Mette-Marit sometimes in the audience but this was an even better surprise.

Congratulations to Germany, and Lena :)

A video of The Crown Princess and Ari Behn leaving.

Mette-Marit til VG Nett: - Veldig trist - VG Nett om Melodi Grand Prix

The Crown Princess said it was amazing and great fun, and that she's proud of Norway for producing such a great show. She also said it was sad that Norway's Didrik didn't do very well, and that he deserved to be higher.

Ari Behn also thought the show was well done, and that Didrik would have done better, but that Didrik's a great guy who will do well anyway.

A video of the Crown Princess and the Prime minister meeting the winner Lena.

YouTube - eurovision's Channel

I wonder if Princess Ragnhild was watching :D

Congratulations to Germany, and Lena :)

A video of The Crown Princess and Ari Behn leaving.

Mette-Marit til VG Nett: - Veldig trist - VG Nett om Melodi Grand Prix

The Crown Princess said it was amazing and great fun, and that she's proud of Norway for producing such a great show. She also said it was sad that Norway's Didrik didn't do very well, and that he deserved to be higher.

Ari Behn also thought the show was well done, and that Didrik would have done better, but that Didrik's a great guy who will do well anyway.

A video of the Crown Princess and the Prime minister meeting the winner Lena.

YouTube - eurovision's Channel

The Crown Princess is a credit to Norway,she's so down to earth .

You can see the Crown Princess & children dancing at 5.37

YouTube - Eurovision 2010 Flash Mob Dance "Madcon - Glow"

This dance flashmob was great (even though most dancing scenes were produced before) and definitely the coolest showpart of that evening. The idea of involving the audience instead of just letting them passively sitting around and watching the show was ingenious! Before the show I hoped that Madcon would perform during the voting process, because I knew they are Norwegian, but I didn't know. Was just a thought. And when I recognized it, that they really ARE the performing act during voting time, I was like :clap: and :bounce: :D And it was so wonderful to see Mette-Marit, Marius and Ingrid Alexandra dancing too! This shows how much of a down-to-earth monarchy they are. Could you imagine any other royal house to do that? I can't (okay, maybe the Dutchs). And this is why I love the Norwegian royal family :wub:

Btw, may I recommend you another video of Madcon? :cool:
YouTube - Madcon - Begin

Märtha seems to have been quite close to the Countess, seeing that she's been crying in several pictures.
Can anyone tell me more about the relationship of the Countess and the Norwegian Royal Family? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom