Norwegian Royal Family Current Events 2: December 2006 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas tree lighting ceremony in london

In 2008 the Mayor of London, the Lord Mayor of Westminster and the Mayor of Oslo took part in the Christmas tree lighting ceremony,
does any one know weather any of the memebers of the Norway royal family will be lighting the treee this year ???

Pics 29.10.2009

on October 29th Her Majesty The Queen and Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess will attend "Mamma mia!" at Folketeateret on the occasion of the Norwegian Cancer Association's Pink Ribbon Drive (19:30).
Kongelig «Mamma Mia!»-forestilling - Oslopuls.no

Here are the first nice pics:

Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the Gala night for
the Pink Ribbon with the movie Mamma mia at Folketeateret in Oslo,
October 29, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Nice to see the two of them together and for a great cause. I didn't realize how tall MM was until I saw her next to the Queen.

:previous: Or how short the Queen was until we saw her next to MM. :D

they both look really happy ! great pictures !

WOW, M-M really is TALL, I too had not realized this before I saw the pictures of she and the Queen attending this event together. Almost head and shoulders above the rest! Its great to see them together, they look like they get along really well to me....

I always love to see the two of them being out and about together.
This was a great event to attend together.

I think I once read that Mette-Marit is about 1,80m while Queen Sonja is about 20 cm smaller, about 1,60m or something. ;)

The Queen nearly as tall as Mette-Marit and the rest of her family...when she stands on a step. :D
http://i35.tinypic.com/2vuyj9e.jpg
bew

I also never realized how tall M-M is, Prince Haakon must be pretty tall also. I LOVED the picture of the Queen on the step!!!!

I saw them in mexico city last march and i belive that she is HIGH, more o less 1.80m and the prince 1.90m

WOW, M-M really is TALL, I too had not realized this before I saw the pictures of she and the Queen attending this event together. Almost head and shoulders above the rest! Its great to see them together, they look like they get along really well to me....

I saw her about two years ago in my hometown Hamburg - she´s not huge, but tall. Like a model. Don´t forget that Queen Sonja is quite "petit".I guess MM must be about as tall as the late Diana Princess of Wales.

I saw her about two years ago in my hometown Hamburg - she´s not huge, but tall. Like a model. Don´t forget that Queen Sonja is quite "petit".I guess MM must be about as tall as the late Diana Princess of Wales.

I read somewhere that she is 1.83m.

Ohhhhh, how I love to see king Harold and Crown Prince Haakon in full military uniform. They are both so handsome, and favor each other in appearance to me. Especially as Haakon is growing older.

According to the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten, there will be another busy year for the Norwegian Royal Family.

One can mention a various range of activities, both in Norway and abroad. Perhaps the biggest Royal event this year, will be the wedding between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling in Stockholm in June, where the entire Norwegian Royal Family (the King and Queen, CP couple, and Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn will be present.)

Ten days before, Princess Ragnhild, Mrs Lorentzen, celebrates her 80th Birthday, and if it will be in the same scale as her 70th, we can at least expect a black-tie event. In April, the Danish Queen Margrethe celebrates her 70th Birthday, and we all know that the Danish reigning couple never seems to loose a party, so that will be celebrated with a lot of guests from all over Europe.

Aftenposten also mentions that the Dutch Queen Beatrix will pay a State Visit to Norway in mid-June, and the French President Sarkoszy wants to pay a State Visit to Norway during spring time, so it will possibly be two incoming state visits to Norway this spring. King Harald and Queen Sonja will pay one state visit abroad as well, but when and where is not confirmed.

The Crown Prince couple will pay an official visit to Malaysia in March and probably to Qatar in April. The Crown Prince will also pay a visit to Kazhakstan and China.

There will also be other events, such as Princess Madeleines wedding in November, and perhaps Prince Nicholas of Greece and his fiancée Tatiana Blatnik choose 2010 to get married as well?

...in other words, there will be a lot to look forward to - at least if you're interested in the Norwegian Royal Family. :)

King Harald, Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended
a requiem mass for the Polish President Lech Kaczynski at the Trinity
Church in Oslo today, April 13, 2010.

King Harald will also attend the funeral on Sunday.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** article **

Here are some pics without watermarks:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway,
Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, vicar Elisabeth Thorsen, Queen Sonja
of Norway, dean Olav Dag Hauge, King Harald V of Norway and bishop Ole
Christian Kvarme attend the reopening of Oslo Cathedral, which has been
closed for renovation since 2006 on April 18, 2010 in Oslo, Norway.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Wonderfully looking family ! Wonderful ! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom