Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Moderator Emeritus

DRONNING SONJA - Dancing Queen! - Nettavisen
Dronning Sonja så «Mamma Mia!» for tredje gang - kjendis - Dagbladet.no
Sløyfet ikke sløyfeaksjonen @ Hallingdølen

Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Nice to see the two of them together and for a great cause. I didn't realize how tall MM was until I saw her next to the Queen.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Courtier

Or how short the Queen was until we saw her next to MM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's an additional gallery from gettyimages:

** NOR: The Queen And Crown Princess Of Norway Attend Charity Gala **
Old 10-30-2009, 04:37 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen And Crown Princess Of Norway Attend Charity Gala - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 10-30-2009, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

they both look really happy ! great pictures !
Old 10-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

a few more pictures from the event
gallery
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

WOW, M-M really is TALL, I too had not realized this before I saw the pictures of she and the Queen attending this event together. Almost head and shoulders above the rest! Its great to see them together, they look like they get along really well to me....
Old 10-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I always love to see the two of them being out and about together.
This was a great event to attend together.

I think I once read that Mette-Marit is about 1,80m while Queen Sonja is about 20 cm smaller, about 1,60m or something.

The Queen nearly as tall as Mette-Marit and the rest of her family...when she stands on a step.
http://i35.tinypic.com/2vuyj9e.jpg
bew

Old 10-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Serene Highness

I also never realized how tall M-M is, Prince Haakon must be pretty tall also. I LOVED the picture of the Queen on the step!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Nobility

I saw them in mexico city last march and i belive that she is HIGH, more o less 1.80m and the prince 1.90m
Old 10-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
The Queen nearly as tall as Mette-Marit and the rest of her family...when she stands on a step.
http://i35.tinypic.com/2vuyj9e.jpg
bew
Aww, that's really cute - she's so tiny!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Wireimage.

Christian Ringnes, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Queen Sonja of Norway and Anne Lise Ryel attend a charity gala in Oslo, Norway (29/10/2009).

http://i34.tinypic.com/t4zs45.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/34yo6m0.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/ng7rph.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/fee3qg.jpg
Old 10-31-2009, 06:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
WOW, M-M really is TALL, I too had not realized this before I saw the pictures of she and the Queen attending this event together. Almost head and shoulders above the rest! Its great to see them together, they look like they get along really well to me....

I saw her about two years ago in my hometown Hamburg - she´s not huge, but tall. Like a model. Don´t forget that Queen Sonja is quite "petit".I guess MM must be about as tall as the late Diana Princess of Wales.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I saw her about two years ago in my hometown Hamburg - she´s not huge, but tall. Like a model. Don´t forget that Queen Sonja is quite "petit".I guess MM must be about as tall as the late Diana Princess of Wales.
I read somewhere that she is 1.83m.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Nobility

OSLO 20091215. King Harald and Crown Prince Haakon attended the annual church service of the Kings Guards in the Trefoldighetskirken church in Oslo. Norway, December 15, 2009.

ANP Beeldbank

a video of this event
Kongen minnet falne soldater*|* TV 2 Nyhetene
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ohhhhh, how I love to see king Harold and Crown Prince Haakon in full military uniform. They are both so handsome, and favor each other in appearance to me. Especially as Haakon is growing older.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Commoner

According to the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten, there will be another busy year for the Norwegian Royal Family.

One can mention a various range of activities, both in Norway and abroad. Perhaps the biggest Royal event this year, will be the wedding between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling in Stockholm in June, where the entire Norwegian Royal Family (the King and Queen, CP couple, and Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn will be present.)

Ten days before, Princess Ragnhild, Mrs Lorentzen, celebrates her 80th Birthday, and if it will be in the same scale as her 70th, we can at least expect a black-tie event. In April, the Danish Queen Margrethe celebrates her 70th Birthday, and we all know that the Danish reigning couple never seems to loose a party, so that will be celebrated with a lot of guests from all over Europe.

Aftenposten also mentions that the Dutch Queen Beatrix will pay a State Visit to Norway in mid-June, and the French President Sarkoszy wants to pay a State Visit to Norway during spring time, so it will possibly be two incoming state visits to Norway this spring. King Harald and Queen Sonja will pay one state visit abroad as well, but when and where is not confirmed.

The Crown Prince couple will pay an official visit to Malaysia in March and probably to Qatar in April. The Crown Prince will also pay a visit to Kazhakstan and China.

There will also be other events, such as Princess Madeleines wedding in November, and perhaps Prince Nicholas of Greece and his fiancée Tatiana Blatnik choose 2010 to get married as well?

...in other words, there will be a lot to look forward to - at least if you're interested in the Norwegian Royal Family. :)
Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Marius is there. These are the years when they can bring him with them on holidays in the middle of the school year (as many Norwegian families do with their children)- when he makes it to secondary education, it is much more risky to miss classes

Tags
crown prince hakoon, crown princess mette-marit, king harald, norway, norwegian royal family, queen sonja, royal family