The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Commoner

Norway's Royal Family Under Guard

NewsTrack - Top News

Norway royal family under guard

OSLO, Norway, Dec. 8 (UPI) -- Security has been beefed up around the Norwegian royal family after a series of threats raised fears of an assassination attempt.
Authorities said they were guarding against an attack on the family, especially female members. At least 14 people were reported dangerously obsessed with Princess Martha Louise.
The newspaper Dagbladet said threats against the royals have escalated recently.
The most concrete threats have been directed against Princess Martha Louise, Aftenposten reported. But, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Queen Sonja are also believed to be targets of possible attacks.
An alleged plot to kidnap Crown Prince Haakon several years ago was reported in late October.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...8-011741-7052r

Old 12-09-2006, 05:38 AM
Commoner

I think is horrible. If you are against the monarchy, that's fine. But don't take out your issues on people who have really no control over that situation especially children. That's not cool, to put it lightly. I hope the police works extra hard to find the people responsible for this state of affairs.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I think that's a shame! I hope they'll protect the RF from those people...
I wonder what's the problem of these guys. I mean if they were against the monarchy I would think that they planned attacks against the male members. Of course I don't hope so!) What's their problem with the female Royals and especially Mrtha? I'm quite shocked.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Aftenposted published an article about it:

Security tightened around Royal Family
Read the full article here.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

Males obsessed with Princesses

Incidentally we have had a similar case in the Netherlands, this week:

According to Thursday's Algemeen Dagblad, a man was summoned before the Court of Justice in The Hague, for threathening against life.

Via the European alarm-number 112 the man threathened "to blow a bullet through the heads of the little Princesses" (Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia).

The alarmcentrale took the threat very serious and immediately informed the royal family. A member of staff working for the family laid down a complaint. The 35-years old Amsterdamer told the Court of Justice he actually 'cherished warm feelings for Mxima'. The Court of Justice ordered an extended psychiatric report about the man. After this, the case will be continued in Court.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Courtier

What has the world come to? This is simply awful! I hope the police get to the bottom of this and fix it.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Commoner

That's just terrible! May God protect them at all times from those crazy and evil people.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Either the crazies are getting more vocal and getting caught faster or those around several RFs feel its better to reveal these threats publicly.

In the last year, threats against the British, Norway, Denmark, Jordan, Monaco and Greek RFs have come to light (though some of them were about plots/attempts years old).
Old 12-09-2006, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I was not aware of threats made directly against the Danish royals. I know there have been a couple of security concerns regarding possible terrorist acts around royal residences (Amalienborg the most notable), but nothing which specifically named a member of the family they (whoever they are) intended to harm

Poor Martha-Louise. How frightening this must be. And for Mette-Marit and Sonja aswell. There are some real whackjobs out there!
Old 12-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Courtier

At least the queen and the crown princess live in palaces, well secured I'm assuming, but P Martha, never seen her home but still a bit frightning
Old 12-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Maybe Mrtha Louise should think about leaving Norway for a while.. She will maybe go to the United States again until the police found those responsible. Her children would be more safe there, too... Anyway I can understand if she doesn't want to "run-away"..

Old 12-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

I really can't believe that! The people who want to do such things are crazy! I mean, I don't like Britney Spears, but that doesn't mean I want to assassinate her

I wasn't aware about the threats to other RFs either, well except for King JC of Spain- but those threats were 'politically motivated' and came very close to happening!!

I hope that the police sort it all out soon
Old 12-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Unfortunately, I think many royals are threatened; Al Qaeda, eg has threatened King Abdullah of Jordah with death also. http://news.ert.gr/en/12/22138.asp