Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2019, 02:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Nice day out
gallery from the NRF
https://www.kongehuset.no/fotoalbum....9754&sek=26949

for me it's a little disappointing not to see Sverre in his national costume, I believe his brother Magnus wore it basically ever year until he stopped participating. I seen pictures of a young Haakon wearing it too. Oh well...

gallery from belga
https://www.belgaimage.be/#/search/i...0Norway%202019

You mean his brother MARIUS! Sverre is just called "Magnus" in the family.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:02 AM
Courtier

Magnus is expanding quickly.
Perhaps he grew out of his national costume all of a sudden.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Magnus is expanding quickly.
Perhaps he grew out of his national costume all of a sudden.
"expanding" is a nice way to put it...
Old 05-18-2019, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lovely photos - I've always found it sweet how the CP family include their dogs in the celebrations too! Always nice to see the NRF together again.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-19-2019, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
"expanding" is a nice way to put it...
Yes, always so nice to comment unfavorably on a child’s weight...

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Its strange not to see Sverre in his costume, since even his father is.

I always love seeing them all together on National day. Love they include the dogs in the family event as well.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I was extremely busy when writing post 590 from a restaurant on Friday, so I've rewritten parts of it, corrected all the typos and added the three photos of the Small Dining Room, which I forgot to put in the space I had created for them. LOL.

Summary of the events: Well, everything went fine, although The Crown Princess had to take herself a long break from the balcony. And yes, as usual, we could see Princess Astrid in one of the windows, this year with members of her own Ferner Family and her late sister Princess Ragnhild's Lorentzen Family (here she is BTW with her third child and oldest son, Alexander Ferner, and her dog - link). Märtha and her new love OTOH were not seen, but (as one can see in polyesco's post 600) they were filmed arriving at the palace. - While her daughters, I think, celebrated with Ari.

The NRK broadcast: Very pro-monarchy and pro-Norway! They even let a choir perform their new song to The King while showing photos of him on the screen. And both their Majesties and The CP-Family were praised.
Märtha and her guy? Barely mentioned.

The NRK1 transmission from around the country: See The CP-Family at Skaugum from 20:50; The King's new song from 01:17:00, followed by previous May 17th clips from the balcony, including King Olav V's last time there in 1990; and The Royals walking out at 02:37:40, while the leaving process is starting at 05:34:40 (link).

And if one wants to see constantly from the children's parade at the Palace Square, then you can do it in this three-part NRK2 broadcast (1 2 3).

The TV2 broadcast: Didn't watch it, but heard from others that Märtha was barely mentioned and that the coverage (as usual) focused more on talking to guests than following the children's parades.

--------------------

And to those of you who want to know more about the history of May 17th, the children's parades around the country, all the details about the royal part of the celebrations, or whether the television-hosts/experts are pro-monarchy or not, well, take a look at my above-mentioned post.

Tags
may 17, national day, national day may 17, norwegian national day