Norway's National Day, May 17: 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.budstikka.no/sec_nyheter/article243517.ece
Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnut interact to each other - so sweet. And Marius is more and more looks like Mette-Marit.[/quote]

Magnus looked at one point as if he would recognize someone in the crowd (Ing. Alex. pointing to somebody). May be someone from his kindergarten?

Wonderful pix/family/children ! Thanks you for these !

:norwayflag:

Happy National Day Norway!!! And well done on winning the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 - plenty to celebrate today!!!:flowers:

Love the Country. I was last week in Norway and Denmark.
It was indescribable. Oslo was great, Copenhagen too.

Thanks to everyone who posted photos and videos. Did anyone else notice how Marius shook hands with the little girl who had given Crown Prince Haakon his posey. I thought it was very sweet. I wonder when he is an adult whether he will take part in these official events. I hope so he certainly has been accepted by the royal family and the people

Such beautiful pictures. I love this family. Thanks for everyone for posting these great pictures.

I still think it´s a shame Ingr. Alex. is the only crown princely child to be on the balcony,
I mean no one would be hurt if Magnus and Marius would join them, would they?
I also wonder how they explain a soon to be 13, 14 year old boy why his little sister has this privelege while he has not. I mean, they will hardly say "IA will be the Queen one day, while you won´t be king"...?

I still think it´s a shame Ingr. Alex. is the only crown princely child to be on the balcony,
I mean no one would be hurt if Magnus and Marius would join them, would they?
I also wonder how they explain a soon to be 13, 14 year old boy why his little sister has this privelege while he has not. I mean, they will hardly say "IA will be the Queen one day, while you won´t be king"...?

I'd think that Marius is thanking whatever he can that he doesn't have to do it. From how some of the royals have spoken about it, as children they definitely did not see it as a privilege, standing on the balcony for three+ hours in any kinds of weather waving to the crowd. Most of them have seemed very happy when they graduated from school and were allowed to walk in the parade with their class for once.

Despine all the contras Sverre Magnus appeared on the balcony :
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I do really agree with Norwegianne. The children should not have the "privilage" to stay at the balcony for that long time. Look at Ingrid Alexandra, at tsome point she tried to sleep on mother's shoulder :ohmy:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

What a wonderful family! All them look great. The children are sooo cute :flowers:

I agree with you norwegianne. And "privilege" is not the correct term (I didn´t get a better one). But I didn´t speak of what is more suitable for a kid: to stand on a balcony and wave to a crowd for 3 hours or join in a parade, but of what this could do psychologically! I mean, nobody can convince me that this is not a strange situation for the 2 boys (although Magnus attended his family today!). And you have to be a very, very strong personality to divide it up and say "well, this is okay, all this has nothing to do with me personally. It´s all because of this odd system called monarchy". But who is THAT mature when he/she´s between 14/ 15 and, may be, 23? Before that Marius will probably not think a lot about it.
But anyway, we will presumably never know it if that should be the case. May be he has no problems with it and it´s fine with him. That´s what I hope and wish for him, but it´s hard for me to believe that.

I agree with you norwegianne. And "privilege" is not the correct term (I didn´t get a better one). But I didn´t speak of what is more suitable for a kid: to stand on a balcony and wave to a crowd for 3 hours or join in a parade, but of what this could do psychologically! I mean, nobody can convince me that this is not a strange situation for the 2 boys (although Magnus attended his family today!). And you have to be a very, very strong personality to divide it up and say "well, this is okay, all this has nothing to do with me personally. It´s all because of this odd system called monarchy". But who is THAT mature when he/she´s between 14/ 15 and, may be, 23? Before that Marius will probably not think a lot about it.
But anyway, we will presumably never know it if that should be the case. May be he has no problems with it and it´s fine with him. That´s what I hope and wish for him, but it´s hard for me to believe that.

This discussion is rather off place here as it is the National Day and the functions that come with it.It is huge fun for the children to watch it all and dress up,much more so then it is to listen to a self pronounced shrimp who knows it all but doesn't have an inkling.Something definitely is wrong with you,psychologically that is.Well,we have taken notice you do know some difficult words,but are not expecting any further psycho bruhaha really.Thank you.I dislike people who love to show off with what they think they are,auch wenn sie ein gelernter psychologe sind.

Really,the funny season sets in early this year,must be the climate change.

Last edited:

Wow, IMG 3510 is a treasure. From left you see Stella Ferner, and next to her you see the hair of her mother Margrét Ferner. Then Märtha and kids. Then Princess Astrid's husband Johan Martin Ferner next to Edward Ferner, who is the spitting image of his dad Alexander Ferner.

Many lovely pictures. I love the ones outside Skaugum with the Crown Prince and Marius laughing and talking, and the ones where Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre see someone they know and get all excited.

Lovely to see that Princess Ingrid has learned the national anthem as well, she was very sweet when she sang at the balcony.

All three children are adorable. I don’t think it will be a problem as they grow older that they are treated differently. It’s not like it will come as a surprise to Prince Sverre or Marius, why Princess Ingrid has more duties to attend and perform than they will have. Their understanding is gradual, and follows them all their life. I think even the two youngest ones already understand that there is a difference, without understanding why. Most of the emphasis is put upon the Princess and that emphasis will only grow as they grow older.

Prince Sverre looks just like his father. I’ve always seen a strong resemblance between Prince Sverre and the King as a child, but this is the most alike I have seen Prince Sverre and the Crown Prince.

The King is getting more and more alike to his father King Olav.

Thank you to all who have posted links :)

Wow, IMG 3510 is a treasure. From left you see Stella Ferner, and next to her you see the hair of her mother Margrét Ferner. Then Märtha and kids. Then Princess Astrid's husband Johan Martin Ferner next to Edward Ferner, who is the spitting image of his dad Alexander Ferner.

Thanks, I recognized Johan and wondered if the others I didn't know were other Ferners. Was Princess Astrid there? I didn't see her in any of the pictures of family members at the window.

Back
Top Bottom