Nobel Peace Prize 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Program for the Nobel Peace,

12/10

His Majesty The King grants Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, His Excellency President Barack Obama, audience. Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (12:00).
His Majesty The King attends the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony in Oslo Town Hall. Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (12:00)

Their Majesties The King and Queen attend an official banquet in honour of the Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, His Excellency President Barack Obama (19:00).

12/11

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the Nobel Peace Prize Concert, Oslo Spektrum (20:00).

Can anyone tell me where I could watch the ceremony live much like the concert on the internet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so excited about the nobel peace prize coming up! Please let us know if it is live-streamed on the internet. Thanks in advance-

I can't wait to see what Michelle wears and if they'll bring the girls with them. Too bad it's not white tie like the rest of the Nobel prizes.

IMO it's a ridiculous decision, really . And next year it will be given to Angelina Jolie ...Obama is being admired like a pop star and most of people are loosing their objectivity towards him...As far as I know he didn't achieve ANYTHING to be in the position to receive this price . I really don't know if I must laugh or cry ... Crazy world...

Though I don´t think this is the place to discuss wether it is right to give the N Prize to Obama or not, because this is a forum about ROYAL matters, I cannot prevent in asking you if you are serious in comparing the president of the United States with Angelina Jolie?!:ohmy:

As it seems Obama will only come to Oslo to recieve the Nobel Prize, but won't take part in the other events that usually come along with the Nobel Prize Celebrations (e.g. having lunch with the King, attending the annual Nobel Concert etc.).
The Norwegian press seems to be rather upset that the President skipped most of the engagements.
Read more here.

As it seems Obama will only come to Oslo to recieve the Nobel Prize, but won't take part in the other events that usually come along with the Nobel Prize Celebrations (e.g. having lunch with the King, attending the annual Nobel Concert etc.).
The Norwegian press seems to be rather upset that the President skipped most of the engagements.
Read more here.

I would be aswell, this is just like when President Sarkozy wittled down his visit to the UK last year.
I wish he would attend the events, I understand he is the president but he can make time to get the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE and spend sometime with norways royal family. :bang:

President Obama is in a tough spot. If he goes and takes a couple of days in Norway for dinners etc, the public here in the US might think he's off having a good time and not paying attention to troubles at home. On the other hand, if he goes and accepts the award and then comes right back, the Norwegian press is on his back. Now just a thought here, but with his approval rating down here in the US, does he really want to upset us even more by going to Norway and partying for several days?? In my opinion, he's choosen the lesser of two evils.

Does anyone know if Obama will attend the official dinner that the King host in his honor?, it is displayed in the Royal House calendar.

He is staying for 26 hours, that is quite long for his standards. He is also meeting the royal family three times during the day. The audience, the prize ceremony, and both the King and Queen and the CP couple is going to the banquet in the evening. Its IMO worse that he wont do the usual CNN interview or any press conference, oh well, the norwegian press gets to ask one question and the american press gets to aske another whole question :cool:

EDIT @Paty, it is not the King who hosts the dinner, it is the Nobel comitee who hosts it on Grand hotel

Oh, thanks for the clarification Larzen. Btw, do you know where the President will stay during his time in Oslo?

As all winners he will stay at the Nobel suite at the Grand Hotel, he has booked all the rooms on the hotel, and all the rooms on the two hotels next doors, so he should have space enough:cool:

Nobel Suiten | Grand Hotel Oslo

As all winners he will stay at the Nobel suite at the Grand Hotel, he has booked all the rooms on the hotel, and all the rooms on the two hotels next doors, so he should have space enough:cool:

Wow, well if you can I suppose why not. :flowers:
I feel sorry for the other people holidaying in Norway and wanted to stay at those hotels. :)

Is the banquet a white-tie affair. I now the ceremony is not as formal as the Swedish one but I have always wondered about the Banquet.

No, it is black tie, long dresses, no tiara for the women. Its a much more casual affairs than the one in Sweden. Usually the nobel concert hosts attends as well. Will and Jada Pinket Smith arrived in Oslo yesterday, they have brought their kids and Will Smith said he would be in the torch light parade, but I guess he will go straight to the dinner which starts after the torch light parade is finnished

IMO it's a ridiculous decision, really . And next year it will be given to Angelina Jolie ...Obama is being admired like a pop star and most of people are loosing their objectivity towards him...As far as I know he didn't achieve ANYTHING to be in the position to receive this price . I really don't know if I must laugh or cry ... Crazy world...

I hope you won't cry Anita. Wherever man can extend positive encouragement to efforts, intent for good--how could it possibly hurt. I'm delighted and proud. Not only that he made some firsts in the USA, but that he had expressed so many warm and heart-to-heart, and man-to-man and country-to-country. Who is to say he might just do a lot of those things. And my thank you to the members of the Committee for their hope placed in him.

No, it is black tie, long dresses, no tiara for the women. Its a much more casual affairs than the one in Sweden.

I thought so, such a shame. I wish the NRF would have a bit more sparkle sometimes.

Personally, I think Pres. Obama deserves the award. No one has done as much in the last year to maintain and extend peace. The last administration butchered so many relations around the world, the current Pres. is doing all he can to correct that. Obama may not have done a big thing that grabbed peoples attention, but he had done heaps of small things to make the world a friendlier place. Relations between Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America have warmed tremendously. Even in New Zealand, the US and NZ haven't been chummy for a while now, but with Obama we have finally started full co-operation. Obama has removed America from its "holy pedestal" and that was a big obstacle to peace if you ask me.

Wasn't there something awhile ago about him being invited to stay in the Palace? Why isn't that happening, or was it never true in the first place?

President Obama is in a tough spot. If he goes and takes a couple of days in Norway for dinners etc, the public here in the US might think he's off having a good time and not paying attention to troubles at home. On the other hand, if he goes and accepts the award and then comes right back, the Norwegian press is on his back. Now just a thought here, but with his approval rating down here in the US, does he really want to upset us even more by going to Norway and partying for several days?? In my opinion, he's choosen the lesser of two evils.

Obama probably cares more about what Americans think than what the Norwegian media think. Besides, he hasn't really done anything to earn this prize yet, so why should he be wined and dined for several days?

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle arrived in Oslo last night.

The President stated he doesn't see himself in the same league as a Nelson Mandela or Mother Theresa,he just started.Yet,this man embodies such hope,change and inspiration on a global scale,that we don't really give a flying whatshowever what some people in the US think.They do not set the agenda for global events.That said,let us turn to the events of today: the Nobel Prizes.

Nobelprize.org

You can follow the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony in Oslo directly through the webcast link.Have a wonderfull time watching it all.:)

Last edited:
IPersonally, I think Pres. Obama deserves the award. No one has done as much in the last year to maintain and extend peace. The last administration butchered so many relations around the world, the current Pres. is doing all he can to correct that. Obama may not have done a big thing that grabbed peoples attention, but he had done heaps of small things to make the world a friendlier place. Relations between Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America have warmed tremendously. Even in New Zealand, the US and NZ haven't been chummy for a while now, but with Obama we have finally started full co-operation. Obama has removed America from its "holy pedestal" and that was a big obstacle to peace if you ask me.
Couldn't agree more Princejohnny25. In fact the last administration butchered many things (financially etc.) imo which had a global effect. President Obama has had to do a lot of fixing and smoothing over. He really walked into a mess. I think he deserves this prize.

Agree and not only that, but he's just plain busy. The man has a lot on his plate that he's trying to deal with/problem solve right now.

Last edited:
For anyone not able to watch it through the official link, CNN is broadcasting the event.

Last edited:
For what I can see at the webcast, President Obama seems to be quite tired.

For what I can see at the webcast, President Obama seems to be quite tired.
Every year the winners and the Royal family look rather tired. Sometimes the King looks like he's about to fall asleep. :lol:
I guess they all use their "serious faces". ;)

Back
Top Bottom