Nobel Peace Prize 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Princess Mette-Marit and the Mayor of Oslo, Mr Fabian Stang , during the traditional "Save the Children" event for outside the Nobel Peace Centre in Oslo, Norway, December 10, 2007 (anp)

Picture

Sorry folks, but I think that Mette Marit really needs to incorporate some color into her wardrobe. The monochromatic black look just drains any color from her face. If she insists on wearing a black suit, perhaps she could coordinate it with a bright colored sweater or blouse and some "lighter" black stockings rather than the black opaques.

She's an attractive woman but it's lost in all the black.:ohmy:

I love Sonja's hat! Not sure about the blouse yet, but the hat is great! :flowers:

I also like Mette's outfit!
okay, it is black, but it looks elegant, IMO!
The cardigan looks great on her!

Last edited:
How come they have the concert the day after the award is given out?

christinacg said:
How come they have the concert the day after the award is given out?
The day the Award is given out there is a Gala in the evening the winner uses to attend.

Pictures by Polfoto

Group Picture
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
The Royal Family
The Queen congratulating Al Gore
The Royal Couple
Royal Family applauding
Mette and Haakon
Sonja and Mette-Marit having a chat
Crown Princess
Crown Princely Couple
Royal Couple

Last edited:
Gala

Nobel Peace laureate and former US vice president Al Gore (L) waves from the balcony of his hotel together with Nobel Peace laureate Rajendra Pachauri (R), after the award ceremony in Oslo Town Hall, 10 December 2007. Former US vice president Al Gore will receive the 2007 Prize with Pachauri for their work to help combat global warming. Later in the day in Stockholm, the winners of the literature, medicine, physics, chemistry and economics prizes will receive their awards
ANP Beeldbank

King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway talking to Kaci Kullmann Five at the Oslo Grand Hotel befor the Nobel Banquet Monday evening.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I really noticed a difference this year. Possibly I haven't paid much attention before. But in Norway the ceremony is more about the winners and it being their day. The royal family is there but they are not capturing or trying to caprture all the attention. Whereas in Sweden, it seems that people are much more focused on the royals being in their dresses and tiaras. Though it's nice to see the royals in Sweden being showy in their best stuff. I think I prefer the approach of the Norwegians.

I thought everyone looked lovely and appropriate. Possibly M-M needed jewelry in the one outfit she was wearing.

I really noticed a difference this year. Possibly I haven't paid much attention before. But in Norway the ceremony is more about the winners and it being their day. The royal family is there but they are not capturing or trying to caprture all the attention. Whereas in Sweden, it seems that people are much more focused on the royals being in their dresses and tiaras. Though it's nice to see the royals in Sweden being showy in their best stuff. I think I prefer the approach of the Norwegians.

I thought everyone looked lovely and appropriate. Possibly M-M needed jewelry in the one outfit she was wearing.

I actually prefer Sweden's approach (white tie and tiaras) to Norway's (casual - and I didn't even recognize the Queen with her hat, glasses and blouse!). I don't think it's about the royal families versus the winners.

I love this picture so much, it's a great one of the couple! :wub:

Mett-Marit looked lovely. Although I sincerely hoped she wouldn't wear black/dark colour, the Princess looked so fresh and so lovely, that I don't mind the colour of the outfit at all.

Like Aurora810, I prefer the Norwegian way of 'celebrating' the winners. They are the main heroes, not the Royal Family, so I think it's appropirate to be a little dressed down, to have more focus on the people, who had deserved it with their hard work.
I don't mind Swedish pomp and tiaras at all though.

Queen Sonja and King Harald during the Gala
Queen Sonja
Sonja and Harald
Sonja and Harald

Al Gore and his wife
Uma Thurman and Arky Busson

Kevin Spacey
IBL

I like this dress on Sonja. It doesn't look as "Barbie" as some of her other dresses ;).
Btw, she wore the same skirt during the Nobel Gala last year; combined with a different top.

And some more pictures of the ceremony
Al Gore holding his speech
The Winners

The Queen
The Crown Princess

Mette-Marit arriving
The black coat looks really nice!

IBL

Last edited:
Yesterday I was watching the news in the morning and I started to chuckle to myself. The had a very quick, and I do mean very quick "blip" on the award. they showed Mr. Gore getting his award and they panned to the Queen and MM. Had I blinked I would have missed the whole "report" as it was that quick.
Pretty sad if you ask me. Not to spend any more time than 3 seconds on people who are getting a great award for doing something special. They would rather spend lots more time dedicated to war, death, destrcuction,rape, ect. ect. Makes me wonder about these so called news people/channels.

Is this boy charming or what? :wub:
How great to see Marius joining his mum to this concert!
He looks like a little gentleman already. he's so handsome!

I'm not very impressed by his mum's black outfit with matching stockings...
but Marius saved my day!

Yesterday I was watching the news in the morning and I started to chuckle to myself. The had a very quick, and I do mean very quick "blip" on the award. they showed Mr. Gore getting his award and they panned to the Queen and MM. Had I blinked I would have missed the whole "report" as it was that quick.
Pretty sad if you ask me. Not to spend any more time than 3 seconds on people who are getting a great award for doing something special. They would rather spend lots more time dedicated to war, death, destrcuction,rape, ect. ect. Makes me wonder about these so called news people/channels.

I think you have to consider where you are in the world. It appears you are in the U.S., me too. I think it is much bigger news in other parts of the world, here in America, too many other headlines are competing with it. In past years the Nobel Peace prize has gotten really small attention here, imo. This year it did receive some mention which I believe to be only because of Gore and his status as a former vice president. My local news where I'm at said nothing about it, but I did see the ceremony on C-Span live as it was happening. As soon as the main portions were over they did cut it short but I loved being able to see the speeches and seeing the royals on my television versus just in pics. But believe me, I understand the frustration about our big national news stations, I have that same frustration some times.;) But at least we get to come here and see more pics and get more info!:)

Nobel prize

I am found just one (lovely) pic of H and MM during the ceremony
Does anyone know where I can find others ?
Thanks in advance:eek:

Last edited:
Concert pictures were great, shows a very fun side of the cp couple. Lovely to see MM's son Marius, he looks so cute in the suit

Remember that this cermony and its approach is not so close to the royals that most people think.The host of the evening is not the Royals but the Nobel foundation and its President, they have decided about the nature of the ceremony. In Sweden the Nobel foundation made the ceremony more formal. The Royals are only there as guests and nothing more.
At the evening of 11 december in Stockholm the King hosts a formal dinner in honour of the Laureates at the Royal castle.

Now, what IS she wearing! Black again, much too short, totally unflattering, makes her look slightly pregnant...another opportunity wasted to look good in public. :ohmy:
Well, I have to agree.
When I saw first pictures (showing just the collar of the dress) I thought that this dress might look pretty. But when I saw the first pictures of the complete dress I had no words, because the dress is totally unflattering.
Luckily MM took Marius to the concert and luckily Haakon rocked during the show. They saved the event. ;)

Back
Top Bottom