Nobel Peace Prize 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ceremony will start tomorrow at 1 pm local time. The Royal couple will attend.
In the evening they will also attend the reception in the Grand Hotel in Oslo.

Do we know who is collecting the award?

The nobel committee will not give out the medal and diploma. It will be a empty chair in Oslo city hall under the ceremony.

King Harald and Queen Sonja attended the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony in Oslo,
December 10, 2010. China's rivals welcomed on Friday the awarding of the
Nobel Peace Prize to jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo, while some of Beijing's
allies questioned what they called the politicisation of the annual award.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** daylife gallery **

It´s so weird not seeing the crown prince couple there!

This particular Nobel ceremony is a wonderful celebration of human rights and freedom of expression - and in the presence of, and under the auspices of, King Harald. What a marvellous celebration of the positive relationship between constitutional monarchy and democratic life. Congratulations and thanks to the The Nobel Peace Committee and the Norwegian hosts for honouring Liu Xiaobo.

Oh thank you, Your Majesty, for these four beautiful photos, and the Queen looks so elegant as well as the King.

article and photos about the empty and dark balcony in the evening where usually the Nobel Peace Prize winner stands. There was a large photo of Liu Xiaobo on the hotel wall and still many people with torches.
GoogleTranslation

A video and article about the huge contrast of this year and last year's Nobel Peace Prize.

Last edited:
It was very unfortunate that the Crown Prince couple chose to have a vacation and so miss the Nobel Ceremony. I mean no disrespect to any of the past Peace Prize winners, this ceremony was so meaningful because the recipient is in a tiny prison cell and his wife is on house arrest for promoting human rights and fundamental rights. Haakon and Mette-Marit are such strong supports of freedoms and human rights that it would seem that they would find it crucial to attend and show support. The King and Queen were in attendance and provided a very dignified and regal presence as they always have.
I have to repeat I don't mean any disrespect of past Nobel Peace Prize winners or criticism of the Crown Prince Couple. My intent was not to start any political discussion either.:flowers:

It was very unfortunate that the Crown Prince couple chose to have a vacation and so miss the Nobel Ceremony. I mean no disrespect to any of the past Peace Prize winners, this ceremony was so meaningful because the recipient is in a tiny prison cell and his wife is on house arrest for promoting human rights and fundamental rights. Haakon and Mette-Marit are such strong supports of freedoms and human rights that it would seem that they would find it crucial to attend and show support. The King and Queen were in attendance and provided a very dignified and regal presence as they always have.
I have to repeat I don't mean any disrespect of past Nobel Peace Prize winners or criticism of the Crown Prince Couple. My intent was not to start any political discussion either.:flowers:

I agree. I would also have liked to have seen them there.

Did the King and Queen attend the Nobel Peace Prize concert?

Nobel Peace Prize 2011 for Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee & Tawakkul Karman

Nobel Peace Prize 2011

This year's Nobel Peace Prize is being awarded to three women jointly for their work in supporting women's rights in developing countries.
Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberia's Leymah Gbowee and Yemen's Tawakkul Karman received the award "for their non-violent struggle for the safety of women and for women's rights to full participation in peace-building work," according to a release from the prize committee.

Three women share 2011 Nobel Peace Prize - World - NZ Herald News

Pictures from the Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony in Oslo, December 10, 2011.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6 :wub:

more photos: Nobel Peace Prize Oslo 2011 - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Video of the Nobel Prize laureates meeting the Royal family: Nobelprisvinnerne møtte kongefamilien - Klipp - NRK.no

Earlier in the day CP Mette-Marit attended the Save the Children Peace Prize Party in Oslo.
article with another video of the laureates meeting the Royal family
Google Translation

http://www.kongehuset.no/c27262/nyhet/vis.html?tid=95799

arrival pictures: http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/nobels_fredspris/1.7910933

Last edited:
Does princess Astrid usually attend the cerimony?

I don´t wanne be childish, but I must confess I´m a little disappointed Marius didn´t turn up this time for the concert...
Miss Mirren looked great as always at the show!

They look so good together~

Back
Top Bottom