The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2017, 05:16 AM
Administrator

More pics of today's festive celebration can be found here:

** ppe gallery 2 **

** kongehuset.no: Gratulerer med dagen! ** translation **

** gettyimages: NOR: Norwegian Royals Attend The Children's Parade in Asker **

** dailymail: Norway's royals step out in traditional costume to celebrate national day - and even the family DOGS get dressed up for the occasion! **

Old 05-17-2017, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely pix and it looks like Haakon is growing his beard again !

Old 05-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Those were great photos, as per usual, of the NRF celebrating National Day. Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus look quite grown up! Ingrid Alexandra is blossoming into a pretty young lady, and I'm starting to see more of Mette-Marit in her now. It felt strange not to see Marius with the family, the red carpet seemed empty without him there - but as long as he's enjoying life as a private citizen, that's the main thing.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-20-2017, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Can't believe I missed national day. Especially since one of my closest friends is norweigan and always posts pictures of her and her son in Norwegian sweaters. I saw this years pic and never clicked.

Love unlike Sweden, the royal men have to wear costumes too

Good idea having Sverre hold the dogs. Keeps him busy.

Both kids looking so grown up. Nice to see the pictures
Old 05-20-2017, 03:04 AM
Administrator

Here's another nice gallery of this year's celebration, click on Plein Ecran below the photos to get larger versions:

** pm: Franche rigolade au balcon pour Mette-Marit et Sonja **
Old 05-22-2017, 12:15 PM
Majesty

8 years of yawning at National Day by Sverre-Magnus
Familia Real de Noruega: Crticas al hijo de Mette-Marit: 8 bostezos en 8 Fiestas Nacionales. Fotogaleras de Casas Reales
Old 05-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
It's not cute anymore!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
It's not cute anymore!
I agree with you its not cute anymore , if he doesn't want to be there let him go with his school and have 17th May with his class mates.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
I agree with you its not cute anymore , if he doesn't want to be there let him go with his school and have 17th May with his class mates.
That is never ever going to happen. Prince Sverre Magnus is only eleven and I think he does a great job of standing for hours at the Skaugum/Palace balcony.

Watch the Skaugum event here: (The dogs are adorable)

I was in Oslo and although it was raining a bit, there were thousands of people at Karl Johans gate.

Watch the royal family on the balcony here:

The NRK/TV2 broadcasts were of course much better than that YouTube crap from Dagbladet.

NRK had two live broadcasts - one from around the country (including Oslo) on NRK1 who lasted from 07:50 AM to 14:00 PM and one from Oslo alone on NRK2 who lasted from from 10:20 AM to 14:00 PM. NRK1 broadcasted highlights from the day from 19:30 PM to 21:00 PM.

This is the Oslo broadcast - see when His Majesty The King and other members of royal family comes out on the balcony at 07:40:
Part 1: https://tv.nrk.no/serie/gratulerer-m...817/17-05-2017

See when His Majesty The King and other members of royal family leave the balcony at 42:00:
Part 4: https://tv.nrk.no/serie/gratulerer-m...117/17-05-2017

NRK1 also sent this video several times during the day:
https://www.facebook.com/NRK/videos/1452347741506120/
A video where we see pictures of norwegians who are celebrating while we hear a song from the hip-hop group Klovner I Kamp and some word from Norway's beloved, amazing, caring, warm and inclusive monarch (Yes I love him).