The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2009, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I agree with you norwegianne. And "privilege" is not the correct term (I didn´t get a better one). But I didn´t speak of what is more suitable for a kid: to stand on a balcony and wave to a crowd for 3 hours or join in a parade, but of what this could do psychologically! I mean, nobody can convince me that this is not a strange situation for the 2 boys (although Magnus attended his family today!). And you have to be a very, very strong personality to divide it up and say "well, this is okay, all this has nothing to do with me personally. It´s all because of this odd system called monarchy". But who is THAT mature when he/she´s between 14/ 15 and, may be, 23? Before that Marius will probably not think a lot about it.
But anyway, we will presumably never know it if that should be the case. May be he has no problems with it and it´s fine with him. That´s what I hope and wish for him, but it´s hard for me to believe that.
This discussion is rather off place here as it is the National Day and the functions that come with it.It is huge fun for the children to watch it all and dress up,much more so then it is to listen to a self pronounced shrimp who knows it all but doesn't have an inkling.Something definitely is wrong with you,psychologically that is.Well,we have taken notice you do know some difficult words,but are not expecting any further psycho bruhaha really.Thank you.I dislike people who love to show off with what they think they are,auch wenn sie ein gelernter psychologe sind.

Really,the funny season sets in early this year,must be the climate change.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Galleries IBL
Gallery 1

Gallery 2

Old 05-18-2009, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

VG Gallery
VG Nett - Lang dag på jobben for prinsessen

Old 05-18-2009, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Norway's King Harald and Queen Sonja took a walk in the Kubaparken park in Oslo, Norway on the national day May 17 2009.

http://img266.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_128lo.jpg
http://img257.imagevenue.com/img.php....jpg&loc=loc95
http://img200.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_247lo.jpg
http://img260.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_338lo.jpg
http://img259.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_147lo.jpg
anp

Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Courtier

More pics

Se, så stor han er blitt! - SEHER.NO : Norske kongehus
Old 05-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Commoner

Wow, IMG 3510 is a treasure. From left you see Stella Ferner, and next to her you see the hair of her mother Margrét Ferner. Then Märtha and kids. Then Princess Astrid's husband Johan Martin Ferner next to Edward Ferner, who is the spitting image of his dad Alexander Ferner.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

Busy day for Norwegian royals
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Busy day for Norwegian royals

Norway in festive mood for national day
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Norway in festive mood for national day
Old 05-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Aristocracy

Many lovely pictures. I love the ones outside Skaugum with the Crown Prince and Marius laughing and talking, and the ones where Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre see someone they know and get all excited.

Lovely to see that Princess Ingrid has learned the national anthem as well, she was very sweet when she sang at the balcony.

All three children are adorable. I don’t think it will be a problem as they grow older that they are treated differently. It’s not like it will come as a surprise to Prince Sverre or Marius, why Princess Ingrid has more duties to attend and perform than they will have. Their understanding is gradual, and follows them all their life. I think even the two youngest ones already understand that there is a difference, without understanding why. Most of the emphasis is put upon the Princess and that emphasis will only grow as they grow older.

Prince Sverre looks just like his father. I’ve always seen a strong resemblance between Prince Sverre and the King as a child, but this is the most alike I have seen Prince Sverre and the Crown Prince.

The King is getting more and more alike to his father King Olav.

Thank you to all who have posted links :)
Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalX View Post
Wow, IMG 3510 is a treasure. From left you see Stella Ferner, and next to her you see the hair of her mother Margrét Ferner. Then Märtha and kids. Then Princess Astrid's husband Johan Martin Ferner next to Edward Ferner, who is the spitting image of his dad Alexander Ferner.

Thanks, I recognized Johan and wondered if the others I didn't know were other Ferners. Was Princess Astrid there? I didn't see her in any of the pictures of family members at the window.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Commoner

Yes, she was there. I saw her in one of the castle's windows on the TV broadcasting (NRK1).
Old 05-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Nobility

thank you for all the links. what a wonderful family.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery Purepeople
C'est jour de fête nationale en Norvège : toute la petite famille du prince est de sortie... et sur son 31 !
Gallery Prisma
Derechos España y Portugal: Dia Nacional de Noruega - Agencia Prisma
Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Royal Highness

I love this young family and the children have grown so much I can´t believe. It´s nice to see that Marius is included in all the celebrations as well.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Courtier

It's wonderful to see the Norwegian royal family to get together for the National Day celebrations. It's hard to beleive Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magus growing up fast. It's nice to see Marius to be with them as well.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Troonopvolgers!: Nationale feestdag in Noorwegen.
http://www.royalportraits.nl/categories.php?cat_id=346
http://www.royalportraits.nl/categories.php?cat_id=348
Old 05-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
thanks for all the pictures, some more here:

- http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...y__3256603.jpg

(svenskdam.se)
Lovely family!!! The children are sooooo cute!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful pictures. the children are all so beautiful. I can't believe how big they are getting. I was happy to see Prince Sverre on the balcony for a while. I always thought only Ingrid Alexandra was the only child who would be on the balcony, I really liked seeing Sverre in his little big man suit.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Marius is a very beatiful boy; he is leting aside the time of his life in which he was called a "cutie pie" to become a handsome boy. I'm very happy we always see him in national , public celebrations. Princess Ingrid Alexandra is no more a toddler. She is becoming a girl who is learning to face her royal duties...even if she gets somewhat bored time to time! Prince Sverre Magnus looks very spunky. He has a sweet little face and a great pair of eyes. I'm bet he will be a handsome boy, like his brother Marius.Vanesa.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

National Day - May 17th 2010

On May 17th the Norwegian people will celebrate their National Day.
The program of the Royal family:

The Children's Parade in Asker
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess' Familiy greets the Children's Parade in Asker at Skaugum (08:15).

The Children's Parade
The Royal Familiy greets the Children's Parade in Oslo from the Palace balcony (10:00)

Nordre Aker
Their Majesties The King and Queen visit the Nordre Aker area in Oslo (16:00).

Previous threads:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9-a-21376.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-16836.html
National Day, May 17 2007
17th of May 2006
Norway's National Day, May 17, 2005
Norway's National Day 17 May 2004
Norway's National Day, MAY 17 - through the years

Tags
may 17, national day, national day may 17, norwegian national day