FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Oslo - February 23rd - March 6th 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been great watching the royal family enjoy themselves and wonderful to see both the Crown Prince children and the daughters of Princess Märtha. They all look like they are having an amazing time with the competitions and all the people.

Here is some more links to articles (in Norwegian) with pictures; I love the ones of Crown Princess Mette-Marit cheering and hugging Petter Northug.

- Det var nesten litt for spennende - kjendis - Dagbladet.no

VM I HOLMENKOLLEN - Drømmeklemmen

VM-campere fikk kongelig besøk - VG Nett om Ski-VM 2011

VM-campere fikk kongelig besøk

A happy Queen and Crown Princess: Sonja and Mette-Marit hugging each other while being in the royal's box in the Holmenkollen area

Sonja and Mette

Another Picture
Another Picture
anp

More pictures of the Royals enjoying the day:
- Det var nesten litt for spennende - kjendis - Dagbladet.no

The King was signing autographs :lol:for the Austrian ski jumpers, who won today's team competition:
Daylife gallery
http://4.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:25574603:preview:watermark?v=12e482358c9
http://6.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:25574443:preview:watermark?v=12e482358c9
http://6.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:25574029:preview:watermark?v=12e482358c9

Last edited:
Holmenkollen always leads to such great pictures of the royal family. It's so nice to see them all together, and especially nice to see how much they all enjoy each others' company.

Emma is such a cutie, and these two are adorable, as always.

Haakon and Mette-Marit

Last edited:
Crown prince Haakon was watching the medal ceremonies with crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel. They were of course very happy - Sweden´s ladies won the ladies team sprint.
According to this article, the swedish royal family will stay at Skaugum as Haakon´s and Mette Marit´s private guests.
Victoria og Daniel kommer til Oslo | God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning'

Charlotte Kalla told to Aftonbladet, that Victoria and Daniel congratulated them warmly and will visit the skiers even tomorrow.
Prins Daniel hyllade svenskornas guld | Skidor | Vintersport | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel and Crown Prince Haakon followed the ladies team sprint medals ceremony at the Oslo University square
ANP Beeldbank
Iltalehti/YLE

Last edited:
Thanks for the information and first pic of Victoria and Daniel in Oslo. :flowers:

I hope we will see more pics of the royal couples next days.

Crown prince Haakon was watching the medal ceremonies with crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel. They were of course very happy - Sweden´s ladies won the ladies team sprint.
According to this article, the swedish royal family will stay at Skaugum as Haakon´s and Mette Marit´s private guests.
Victoria og Daniel kommer til Oslo | God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning'

Charlotte Kalla told to Aftonbladet, that Victoria and Daniel congratulated them warmly and will visit the skiers even tomorrow.
Prins Daniel hyllade svenskornas guld | Skidor | Vintersport | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel and Crown Prince Haakon followed the ladies team sprint medals ceremony at the Oslo University square
ANP Beeldbank

Här hyllas guldhjältarna av kronprinsessan - Längdskidor - Expressen
Svein Aaser, chairman of the board of the Oslo 2011 FIS Nordic Skiing World Championships, Crownprincess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden and Crownprince Haakon of Norway attend the medal ceremony
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

The Prime Minister of Norway, Jens Stoltenberg attends on Thursday ladies’ 4x5 km relay with Finnish Prime Minister Mari Kiviniemi and Sweden’s Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt.
Stoltenberg and Kiviniemi will also attend men’s ski jumping large hill.

Video of the medal ceremony: on 5.20 you can see Victoria and Daniel singing the national anthem of Sweden and after that Haakon congratulating them.
YLE Areena

Last edited:
How cute! It looks just like her. :lol:

I dont know what it is but Mette-Marit looks really good lately, maybe the family vacation/travel thing was what she needed because she is just glowing, or maybe i can hope for another reason, hint, hint.....

Last edited:
So nice to see the three families together. :D

So nice to see the three families together. :D
I agree. And they seem to have so much fun together. It's great to see pictures like this.

It's great that they get along with each other that well.

I love seeing M-M and Haakon together, they are so much in love. I really like seeing P-Victoria so happy with Prince Daniel. The only thing I dont like is Daniels slicked back hair along with the glasses. Its almost like he is trying to play down his good looks. IMHO

Such great pictures and thanks to one and all for the links.

But...The best pictures of all came yesterday when my Canadian boys won their Relay Race and for a very special reason. Devon Kershaw, is from my hometown!!

So understandably, of all the pictures of medals being given out this week, those were the best!! :D

Oh and IMO the Medals of any of the World Championships in Skiing, be it Alpine, Nordic, Freestyle or Snowboarding, are the prettiest World Championship Medals of any Sport I've seen. Those stylized snowflakes are really beautiful.

How Marius has grown and how lovely looking he is !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom