Christmas with the Norwegian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pictures are adorable, I just love this card, it so very Christmas-mood! :wreath:

The favourite is of course the picture of Sverre Magnus (who's more adorable then ever) trying to 'clean' the King's face. I think the King is kissing his hand in that picture. :wub:

And Ingrid Alexandra has become a mini-copy of her Mom and her older brother - the resemblance, especially in these pictures, was just striking! :queen4: :wub:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
The photos are too sweet specially of Sverre Magnus and King Harald,.:flowers:

i am so glad that we have many pics for christmas! the children are so cute!!!

And also, for that stuffed toy monkey, is that Ingrid's or Magnus'? It seems to be with Magnus at the photoshoot, but Mette-Marit is carrying it while with Ingrid....
I think it's Magnus's moneky.
Ingrid usually carries this white bear (I think it's a bear. Or maybe a Sheep? ;)) with her since she was small.

Aw... Her_Majesty your avatar is TOO CUTE for words:wub:

Aw... Her_Majesty your avatar is TOO CUTE for words:wub:
Thanks BeautyLeonor. I really loved this scene of Sonja and Ingrid whispering and giggling with each other .

For me those 2 pictures were the most beautiful ones taken during this photosession:
Ingrid and Sonja (my Avatar ;) )
Scanpix
Magnus cleaning Harald

Scanpix

I always love to the the Royal Couple with their grandchildren. I loved to see King Harald decorating the gingerbread hearts.

I found another gallery of the royal family in Lommedalen at Småprinsessene i Lommedalen - kjendis.no . But I didn't like the outfit of the two little girls, nothing is matching!:ermm: I hope it's Ari's taste and not princess Martha Louise's taste;).

I belive that children should wear small flowers rather than large and the stripes with the flowers are not going at all.
I hope that Ari would pass by the barber to have a hair cut:frazzled::brows:short hair suits him more!:flowers:

I belive that children should wear small flowers rather than large and the stripes with the flowers are not going at all.
I hope that Ari would pass by the barber to have a hair cut:frazzled::brows:short hair suits him more!:flowers:

I think Ari Behn looks perfect with long hair:wub:

haha, I am outing myself as a fan of Ari's hairdo,too. :D
He looks much cooler then he did when he had the short hair.

Season's Greetings to everybody in this forum:wreath:
I hope that we are not getting a little out of this thread (Norwegian Christmas 2007). I truely hope that we could open a new thread, in which we could discuss the looks and the outfits of ALL the members of this Royal Family on different occasions and compared with other royals too. Definitely, we are all here in (The House of Norway) because of our love towards this Royal Family and we would like to see them looking and performing at their best, so any praise or criticism, is going to come out from the heart:heartflower:, regardless to whom we favour. I truely hope that we could open such a thread in the near future.

Season's Greetings to everybody in this forum:wreath:
I hope that we are not getting a little out of this thread (Norwegian Christmas 2007). I truely hope that we could open a new thread, in which we could discuss the looks and the outfits of ALL the members of this Royal Family on different occasions and compared with other royals too. Definitely, we are all here in (The House of Norway) because of our love towards this Royal Family and we would like to see them looking and performing at their best, so any praise or criticism, is going to come out from the heart:heartflower:, regardless to whom we favour. I truely hope that we could open such a thread in the near future.

We have the Royal House of Fashion, a forum totally dedicated to royal fashion and style where you can discuss your favourite and not so favourite royals. :D

Yes. I think that in a Christmas thread, we should discuss how Norwegians Royals celebrates Christmas and not fashion. But since Mandy gave us a nice link to discuss fashion...we can profit of it! :lol: All of us loves fashions here...aren't we? :D (Oh...and I agree about Princess Martha Louise and Ari's lack of taste :ROFLMAO:)

Vanesa.

They are indeed lovely pictures but it saddens me to see how stepped up the efforts of the Royal Family and the Norwegian press have become to exclude Marius from the "picture" as it were. If I were Marius (who is only 10 years old), I would feel very left out if my mother had pictures taken with her royal husband and her royal children but left me out. I am sure that Mette Marit and Haakon think they are being fair and loving but are only treating Marius as "separate but equal" in their family. In fact that designation of "separate but equal" is only another way of saying "segregation" Doesn't Mette Marit realize how much it hurts when a child's mother very deliberately and publically shows the world that the only important children in her life, her only official children are her "born in wedlock" ones. Do Haakon and Mette Marit truly believe it is their right to publish pictures that include only their "royal" children because they are members of the royal family and Marius is not. Do they even care how Marius feels? The message I get from Mette Marit from these pictures is that as Crown Princess, she is only the mother of the Royal Children. How unkind, how sad, how arrogant!

I really don't agree, Isme.
The Crown Princely Couple includes Marius in nearly activity they take part in.
He usually takes part in every photo session they do.
So , why do they exclude him?
He even takes part in Royal celebrations (like the Birthday of HM the Queen or the Nobel Peace Prize Concert).

If you follow the Norwegian Royal family or have a closer look at other activities you'll quickly notice that there is no exluding of Marius.

Yes, Marius hasn't been included into the Royal Photo of the Crown Princely Couple and the Kids. I was suprised by that as he usually Always is included into such kind of pictures. He used to take part in all Skaugum pictures, in all family pictures and all Christmas pictures so far.
So, it must have been an exeption.

Marius' even has his own profil at the Royal Wepage:
kongehuset.no - Marius Borg Høiby
That's not what I'd call "a family who excludes their child".

You'll find more opinions here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rwegian-royal-family-treats-marius-12077.html

Last edited:
Which photo has Marius been excluded from?

I have always thought he was very well included in the family. He took part in the Christmas photoshoot and from the videos for Ingrid Alexandra's birthday's

Which photo has Marius been excluded from?
I think Isme was talking about this picture.
I don't see a problem with that... as Marius is included in this picture.
And you are right, crm2317. he usually takes part in all Family events and of course in all Christmas pictures. :flowers:

Looking back at the Royal Family celebrating with Marius:
Christmas 2000- the famous "playing with Sonja and the bear" scenes
Christmas 2001
Christmas 2004 - Christmas at Skaugum
Christmas 2005
Christmas 2006
Christmas 2007
ANP

You will find many more pictures in this threads:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/norwegian-christmas-2004-a-14003-2.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/norwegian-christmas-2005-a-15051.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/norwegian-royal-christmas-2006-a-11633.html

Last edited:
I really don't think it is the familiy as much as it is the press. If you watch the video and look at all the pictures, Marius is there and a part of the decorating. CP Haakon even goes over to see how he is doing and to comment on his cookies. I think the press releases only pictures of the "royal" family, you can drop anything now a days. I actually see Marius at more royal function then either of his siblings. Also, Marius is gettting older and maybe HE doesn't want to be apart of things and wants some privacy. I can see the royal family doing this for Marius not against him. IMHO

Maybe they are just trying to limit his exposure to the media so he can have a normal childhood. People of course expect to see him on special occasions but it is expected that little Ingrid and Sverre are exposed to more media attention because when they get older they will be expected to take part in a wide variety of official engagements as part of their roles in the Norwegian monarchy, whereas Marius does not have those pressures placed on him so it only stands to reason that they want their children to have as normal childhoods as each one of them can individually have and experience said childhoods to the fullest. But I have no doubt that both the crown princess and crown prince have only their children's best interest at heart.

I really don't think Sverre Magnus is shown more than Marius. I think that is the strategy of the parents, not giving Magnus a HRH, not letting him on the balcony, etc, so the two boys can feel more equal. I can understand that, but I think in this case it is a little unfair for Ingrid. Maybe she will feel treated unfair later on in live, when her siblings don't have to be on the "boring for a little girl" balcony for an hour, etc. I know all the other little future queens and kings in other countries do things like that, too, but normally their siblings are treated the same way as they are, they are not "alone", even though they might feel different from other children. (for example, Amalia, Alexia and Ariane).
I really think the reason for not making Sverre Magnus part of the royal family is to make Marius feel more equal, I think Haakon also said something about treating the two boys the same?, but in the end I think Ingrid might be the one that feels "different".

Another gallery of the royal holidays from aftenposten.no can be found here:- Royal holidays - Aftenposten.no :flowers: . It sums up all the pictures of the royal holidays, but I didn't see a picture of Crown Prince Haakon and his family in Asker :sad: . Still, it's a nice eight-picture gallery. Enjoy:flowers:.

These pictures are cute. They look so cozy and sweet in the photos. I think it is cute that the kids are playing with or trying to eat the candy.

I hope that they release photos! Do Ari's relatives live near to Martha Louise and family?

Back
Top Bottom