The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

SM is a little politician. He included every thing in his answer about what he wanted :)

MM must have enough Bikes, kayaks and the like by now to open a sporting goods store LOL.

The Prince is a good dad... If his kid made something even if it is nasty he is going to drink it !

Old 12-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Love seeing this family

Old 12-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

The children seem a little uncomfortable in front of the cameras to me, Princess Ingrid Alexandra just seems a little awkward standing there to open the door to the reporter and not saying anything at all. Someone somewhere suggested maybe she has braces so doesn't want to speak/smile too much so as not to show them off.
Love the family all having their own aprons, can just imagine Haakon throwing his apron on to make dinner in the evening!
Old 12-25-2015, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Really lovely video of the Crown Princely Family! I love their home style and also the Christmas decorations!
Old 12-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

The King, the Queen and the Behn-family in Holmenkollen-chapel:

kong harald: Kongeparet hadde med tre barnebarn til julegudstjeneste - Se og hør
Old 12-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
The King, the Queen and the Behn-family in Holmenkollen-chapel:

kong harald: Kongeparet hadde med tre barnebarn til julegudstjeneste - Se og hør
Thanks for the pictures 😃 Is there anything on the crown princess couple
Old 12-26-2015, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

No churchvisit for the CP-couple... (?!) I find it a little bit strange... Is this the first time, that they won't go to the church on Christmas Eve?

Budstikka - Ikke kirkebesøk på kronprinsfamilien i Asker julaften
https://translate.google.com/transla...526&edit-text=
Old 12-26-2015, 07:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

They attended a service at Uvdal Kirke/Church, as they also did in 2013.

Laagendalsposten - Kronprinsfamilien regnet nesten bort
Translated by me
Quote:
Everyone in the Crown Prince family was in good spirits when they came to worship in Uvdal Church on Christmas Eve.

The church was completely full, and many had arrived in very good time to get in to the church.

The last to arrive, was the Crown Prince family, as usual. Mette-Marit's mother, was not attending this year as she was two years ago when they also celebrated Christmas in Uvdal .

The two kids were disappointed by the lack of snow.

Ugh, it's raining! was the first Sverre Magnus said when he came out of the church after the service was finished.
Pictures
http://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynamic/...jpg?chk=D323B9

http://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynamic/...jpg?chk=01F3D8
Old 12-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The children seem a little uncomfortable in front of the cameras to me, Princess Ingrid Alexandra just seems a little awkward standing there to open the door to the reporter and not saying anything at all. Someone somewhere suggested maybe she has braces so doesn't want to speak/smile too much so as not to show them off.
Love the family all having their own aprons, can just imagine Haakon throwing his apron on to make dinner in the evening!

I must admit to LOVE seeing this reporter curtseying also to the royal children!
Old 12-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

The Norwegian Royal family’s Christmas Eve – Royal Central
Old 12-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Strange, no christmas photo shooting this year?! I cannot think of one single year it didnt happen...?! Even when the CP couple´s family was in east asia a couple of years ago they did a video.
I think if it didn´t happen on dec. the 20th it won´t take place this year....?!
Old 12-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Majesty

The Royal Family gathers for the Christmas photo session in the garden of the Royal Palace in Oslo

http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:9...7e5&m=ehabpjfh
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:9...7e5&m=hhojdoie

http://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?...9604&sek=26939
Old 12-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely family photos I do notice the absence of Marius this year
Old 12-20-2016, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I miss the usual little film... but let's hope it will appear..
Old 12-21-2016, 03:46 AM
Administrator

More about the photo session can be found here:

** tv2: Se årets julebilder fra kongefamilien **

** budstikka.no: Kronprinsjul på Kongsseteren ** translation **

** vg.no: Harald og Sonja feirer sin 25. jul som kongepar ** translation **

** dailymail: It's a winter wonderland! Norway's royal family pose for an informal festive photo in the grounds of Oslo's Royal Palace **
Old 12-21-2016, 07:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I miss the usual little film... but let's hope it will appear..

I thought he wouldn´t be there this year before. It would have been more a surprise to me if he did.
Perhaps, now as a young adult without a sibling in his age and his special position in the royal family, he might feel a little misplaced. And beyond that, isn´t he currently in the US?

I thought it was very nice that he attended last year (hopefully not for the last time) - but I always felt since he was a teenager and becoming more and more aware of the media scrutiny connected to Royalty, how uncomfortable he looked at occasions like these.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

IA becoming prettier and prettier... Sverre very cute too ! Lovely looking family !
Old 12-21-2016, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
It all looks lovely and very Festive and outdoors too,hope it wasn't too cold!
Old 12-21-2016, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It looks like a very cosy little scene and it's always nice to see the family together. It's finals week in the US right now, and I presume Marius would be sitting his finals? If so, from what I've heard he won't be finishing until Friday. That would explain his absence.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-22-2016, 01:26 AM
Majesty

Harald and Sonja will celebrate their 25th Christmas as the royal couple - Norway Today

Tags
christmas, new year's speech, norwegian royal family