The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestfoldlilja View Post
Here’s a link to a video of The Crown Prince and Princess Ingrid Alexandra at Julemorgen:NRK Super | Se prinsessen i Julemorgen! It’s not airing until tomorrow, but it’s already online. I hope it’s available outside of Norway.

I though she handled herself very well! She was open, sweet and very candid. She didn’t seem shy as she often does in public with many people around here. It was nice to hear her thoughts about royal life and other things.

I’ve translated most of it for you all:

About the pre-Christmas days: PI: says they’ve spent time before Christmas wrapping gifts and preparing food. CH: we’ve been enjoying the days especially when it’s calmer without the rush.

About traditions they do every year: PI: Gift calendar, kept out in the hall. She got a kinder egg the first day. The Crown Prince asks what the most boring thing she has received is and she answers a pair of socks and a hals (I’m not sure what this is called in English, but it’s something children wear around their necks when it’s cold (not a scarf, but it does the same job). CH: they get things they actually need in the calendar too. PI: Boring!

They got questions from viewers as well.

Is it fun to be a royal? PI: Yes, sometimes it’s very fun, other times it’s pretty boring. For example what I think is very boring is photo-shoots. When one are sitting and sitting and sitting, without taking the perfect photo, and they make adjustments and adjustments. And my little brother Magnus he’s not able to sit still. So first we’re sitting, and then that picture isn’t perfect and then Magnus runs off and we have to get him and start all over again. CH: Last time it went very well. And we have to do that from time to time.

Do you get tired waving on May 17: It’s not that we get tired from waving precisely, but I and Magnus are allowed to go inside about half way in because it can get cold…it’s not tiring to wave, but it’s tiring to stand there just watching. CH: It can take quite a long time. But it’s also a nice time and May 17 is a special day with many happy people walking pass you, and that’s nice. It’s not many countries that do as we do, so it’s a special day.

What do you like best for dinner? PI: Lots of different things, sausages, I’m fond of meat and soups. CH: tomato soup.

What’s it like being a princess at school? PI: At school, what do you mean? Presenter: Are treated as everybody else or do get a red carpet rolled out for you? PI: I’m treated as a regular girl and I’m not certain that everybody recognizes me either because I’m just like everybody else and everybody treats me as if I am like everybody else. So in reality I am a normal girl, and when I was younger I didn’t even know that I was a princess.

What do you want to do when you grow up? PI: I want to a Crown Princess.
What’s your favourite subject at school? PI: Math and art.

Do you have many servants? PI: No, no one. CH: we are lucky; we do have people who help us with different things. PI: but we don’t have servants really, they don’t like being called servants for certain! CH: Have you done that? PI: Yes!
Princess Ingrid Alexandra seems like a charming little girl! It was lovely, I think that we should hear more interviews like this from royal children. I like the fact that at school they treat her like a normal pupil, and that they don't make a fuss about what food she should eat, her lessons, classmates etc. Thank you for sharing.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness

It's the first time I've heard Ingrid talk and her voice is exactly as I'd imagined it to be. She's such a sweetheart, very articulate, and Haakon is just so incredibly handsome I love Norse, it sounds so beautiful (and I understand much more than when I listen to Swedish ).

Quote:
The Crown Prince asks what the most boring thing she has received is and she answers a pair of socks and a hals (I’m not sure what this is called in English, but it’s something children wear around their necks when it’s cold (not a scarf, but it does the same job).
Thank you for your translation/recap Could it be a tube scarf? Or a "halsedisse" (what it's called in Danish, have no idea how it would be translated to English whatsoever

ó Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

Youíre all welcome :)

Some other things I didnít mention in my first post:

The first sock puppet we see, the grey one with brown hear is called Sokkit and is made by the Princess (all guests bring one). Sokkit pretends to know the Princess well and answers some questions about her, but the Princess says all her answers are wrong. So her favourite candy is not sour feet, her favourite sport is not football and she does not want socks for Christmas.

The other sock puppet which suddenly appears wants to know if the Princess has seen her on television before and is overjoyed when the Princess says yes. Then she asks for a hug from the Princess and PI says yes, of course you can get a hug. CH: says itís only nice hugging when the puppet asks for a hug from him as well.

The Princess said playing the gift-throwing-game was fun, but difficult as the reindeer was moving along fast making it hard to throw and hit the right chimney.

About bloppis and miljÝagentene:

Presenter: you didnít have a garage sale at the Palace, you used the internet didnít you? PI: I sold my dresses and other things at bloppis.no. We looked through them and mum put them online. Presenter: And from that you raised money to give to an organisation. Which organisation? PI: MiljÝagentene (environmental agents). Presenter: Why them? CH: Itís good organisation, they do a lot of good work and we think they are great, and thatís why we want to give the money to them.

In the end when they give the check to the children representing MiljÝagentene the Princess receives a gift. She reads the note on it, says she will read the card later and starts opening the present which is a grey cap with a heart on it made from a sweater.

In the very end they all sing the Julemorgen-song! A well known song for Norwegian children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Thank you for your translation/recap Could it be a tube scarf? Or a "halsedisse" (what it's called in Danish, have no idea how it would be translated to English whatsoever
Yes Archduchess Zelia a halsdisse is what the princess mentioned she got. And there are some videos at kongehuset.no (and youtube) where we can hear the princess talk.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Nobility

I didn't know the words the were saying but Haakon's body language and his allowing her to speak first made it seem like her respects her and treasures her. It was really nice to see
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
You’re all welcome :)

Yes Archduchess Zelia a halsdisse is what the princess mentioned she got. And there are some videos at kongehuset.no (and youtube) where we can hear the princess talk.
The photo in the halsdisse link shows what is called a dickie in English
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hereís a link to a video of The Crown Prince and Princess Ingrid Alexandra at Julemorgen:NRK Super | Se prinsessen i Julemorgen! Itís not airing until tomorrow, but itís already online. I hope itís available outside of Norway.

I though she handled herself very well! She was open, sweet and very candid. She didnít seem shy as she often does in public with many people around here. It was nice to hear her thoughts about royal life and other things.

Iíve translated most of it for you all:

About the pre-Christmas days: PI: says theyíve spent time before Christmas wrapping gifts and preparing food. CH: weíve been enjoying the days especially when itís calmer without the rush.

About traditions they do every year: PI: Gift calendar, kept out in the hall. She got a kinder egg the first day. The Crown Prince asks what the most boring thing she has received is and she answers a pair of socks and a hals (Iím not sure what this is called in English, but itís something children wear around their necks when itís cold (not a scarf, but it does the same job). CH: they get things they actually need in the calendar too. PI: Boring!

Is it fun to be a royal? PI: Yes, sometimes itís very fun, other times itís pretty boring. For example what I think is very boring is photo-shoots. When one are sitting and sitting and sitting, without taking the perfect photo, and they make adjustments and adjustments. And my little brother Magnus heís not able to sit still. So first weíre sitting, and then that picture isnít perfect and then Magnus runs off and we have to get him and start all over again. CH: Last time it went very well. And we have to do that from time to time.

Do you get tired waving on May 17: Itís not that we get tired from waving precisely, but I and Magnus are allowed to go inside about half way in because it can get coldÖitís not tiring to wave, but itís tiring to stand there just watching. CH: It can take quite a long time. But itís also a nice time and May 17 is a special day with many happy people walking pass you, and thatís nice. Itís not many countries that do as we do, so itís a special day.

What do you like best for dinner? PI: Lots of different things, sausages, Iím fond of meat and soups. CH: tomato soup.

Whatís it like being a princess at school? PI: At school, what do you mean? Presenter: Are treated as everybody else or do get a red carpet rolled out for you? PI: Iím treated as a regular girl and Iím not certain that everybody recognizes me either because Iím just like everybody else and everybody treats me as if I am like everybody else. So in reality I am a normal girl, and when I was younger I didnít even know that I was a princess.

Whatís your favourite subject at school? PI: Math and art.

Do you have many servants? PI: No, no one. CH: we are lucky; we do have people who help us with different things. PI: but we donít have servants really, they donít like being called servants for certain! CH: Have you done that? PI: Yes!
Thank you for the translation. She seems like a delightful little girl and I do wish I could have understood the language. But, the translation helped so much.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
The photo in the halsdisse link shows what is called a dickie in English
Thank you for translating! Had no idea what the English word for it was, it's not a word you throw around in just an average conversation

ó Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

I can't watch the video on my tablet & I can't understand why, it's in Norwegian. Darn
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Ingrid is such an awesome girl. Lovely.
Thanks for the translation!

Old 12-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely to see them.... how likeable they look !
Old 12-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

What a unpretentious child! Lovely. I love the faces she makes; reminds me of my god-daughter LOL. Haakon is such a lovely and attentive dad (and what a sexy voice to along with the rest)
Old 12-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Nobility

http://i50.tinypic.com/352nf44.jpg
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

The Royal family attending the church service:

Mette-Marit pŚ beina igjen - Side2
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/k...artid=10056709

Princess Kristine Bernadotte was also in attendance.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness

thanks^^

i really like Ingrid Alexandra's coat!!
will the Family have a Christmas photosession this year? last year's photosession was after the church service or a day later, i cant recall!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
The Royal family attending the church service:

Mette-Marit pŚ beina igjen - Side2
Mette-Marit tilbake etter sykdommen - VG Nett om Kronprinsparet

Princess Kristine Bernadotte was also in attendance.
Another articles:

"The king had got a new car for Christmas... " Is it a correct translation?
Gammeldags julestemning og kongelig kirkebesÝk -Folkebladet.no
Google FordŪtů

Her er Mette-Marit tilbake for fullt etter sykdommen - God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
Google FordŪtů
Old 12-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

This article is a summery of the interview with the Crownprincess (the complete interview you can read in the thread of her current events), but in this short article you can read how the royals celebrate the Christmas: they decorate the tree together, they go around the tree singing songs, they eat different type of fishes and after visit the church they eat pork. It seems a really lovely family-celebration.

Monarchie: Mette-Marit warnt vor zu viel Internet - Boulevard - FOCUS Online - Nachrichten
Google FordŪtů
Old 12-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Pictures about the attending the church service:

APA-PictureDesk

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2012/12/c...al-family.html

http://www.vg.no/rampelys/artikkel.php?artid=10056727

And also a video about leaving the church:
http://www.tv2.no/play/nyheter/innen...pa-688369.html

An artical about the king's new car and a few words about, that the CP-couple maybe travelled to their cottage in Uvdal, to spend there their Christmas-holiday. :
http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/...l-3953481.html
http://translate.google.hu/translate...l-3953481.html
Old 12-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely pix bUt MM looks very pale and ill
Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Ė The Netherlands

"Hola" La Familia Real noruega celebra unida la blanca Navidad ** Google Translate
Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Hereís a link to a video of The Crown Prince and Princess Ingrid Alexandra at Julemorgen:NRK Super | Se prinsessen i Julemorgen! Itís not airing until tomorrow, but itís already online. I hope itís available outside of Norway.

I though she handled herself very well! She was open, sweet and very candid. She didnít seem shy as she often does in public with many people around here. It was nice to hear her thoughts about royal life and other things.

Iíve translated most of it for you all:

About the pre-Christmas days: PI: says theyíve spent time before Christmas wrapping gifts and preparing food. CH: weíve been enjoying the days especially when itís calmer without the rush.

About traditions they do every year: PI: Gift calendar, kept out in the hall. She got a kinder egg the first day. The Crown Prince asks what the most boring thing she has received is and she answers a pair of socks and a hals (Iím not sure what this is called in English, but itís something children wear around their necks when itís cold (not a scarf, but it does the same job). CH: they get things they actually need in the calendar too. PI: Boring!

Is it fun to be a royal? PI: Yes, sometimes itís very fun, other times itís pretty boring. For example what I think is very boring is photo-shoots. When one are sitting and sitting and sitting, without taking the perfect photo, and they make adjustments and adjustments. And my little brother Magnus heís not able to sit still. So first weíre sitting, and then that picture isnít perfect and then Magnus runs off and we have to get him and start all over again. CH: Last time it went very well. And we have to do that from time to time.

Do you get tired waving on May 17: Itís not that we get tired from waving precisely, but I and Magnus are allowed to go inside about half way in because it can get coldÖitís not tiring to wave, but itís tiring to stand there just watching. CH: It can take quite a long time. But itís also a nice time and May 17 is a special day with many happy people walking pass you, and thatís nice. Itís not many countries that do as we do, so itís a special day.

What do you like best for dinner? PI: Lots of different things, sausages, Iím fond of meat and soups. CH: tomato soup.

Whatís it like being a princess at school? PI: At school, what do you mean? Presenter: Are treated as everybody else or do get a red carpet rolled out for you? PI: Iím treated as a regular girl and Iím not certain that everybody recognizes me either because Iím just like everybody else and everybody treats me as if I am like everybody else. So in reality I am a normal girl, and when I was younger I didnít even know that I was a princess.

Whatís your favourite subject at school? PI: Math and art.

Do you have many servants? PI: No, no one. CH: we are lucky; we do have people who help us with different things. PI: but we donít have servants really, they donít like being called servants for certain! CH: Have you done that? PI: Yes!

Thank you so much for providing a translation of the video. I really love it! Ingrid seems like a very fun young lady but also very sensitive. I look forward to more interviews with her in the future!

Tags
christmas, new year's speech, norwegian royal family