Christmas with the Norwegian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: As far as I remember they spent the easter holidays 2009 together (there were pictures of the CP family, the Royal couple and family Behn arriving together) - Blog Entry . They also spent the vacations in Croatia in 2008 together.

I’ve never heard of any misgivings between Martha and her family and the Crown Prince family. To me all the members of the Royal family seem very close, and I know Martha and her children attended the birthday of Prince Sverre Magnus earlier this month.

All the gingerbread decorations that were already on the house, and the ones the kids put on at the photo session was made by all three of the Crown Prince children together with their three cousins Maud, Leah and Emma; together with the Queen. The big heart at the top of the door of the house has all six names on it.

Princess Martha decided not to partake in the annual photo session because she wanted her children to be out of the lime light as much as possible, and not so easily recognized. A view I understand very well. I know Maud, who started school this year, has security with her because of threats. We will probably see them on the 25th when the Behn family will attend a Christmas service with the King and Queen.

I love the pictures taken this year, all the kids look lovely, and I think Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus has the right idea; I would also be tempted to eat of the house! Marius is, as always, very well behaved and calm. I have a feeling he is much more easy-going than the other two, of course he is much older, and maybe it’s just my failing memory, but I don’t remember him being as “all-over” as the other two. He just seems like such a steadfast and great big brother. I loved when The Crown Princess gave a decoration to Prince Sverre, and he just looked up at the house not finding a place for it and eventually just hanging it over another decoration! Also great, was Princess Ingrid Alexandra looking out the window and stepping out of the door. And I liked how the two youngest just stepped under the cameras when they were close to blocking their way or just charged on!

Thanks to all for the pictures and videos. I love the Norwegian Royals pictures at Christmas. :)

Great pictures of the family! I always love seeing how well Marius has been included since his mother married the Crown Prince. Seeing the 6 grandchildren's names on the ginger bread decoration was lovely

Wonderful pictures of the Norwegian royal family together for Christmas photoshoot. It's a great idea to build the gingerbread house. The kids are adordable! I am sad that Princess Martha-Louise, her husband, Ari and their three daughters are not there to join the fun with them.

I wish I could see the gingerbread house in person, Ive never seen anything like that!

I would like to ask, how spend the norwegian people the christmas time? When are the presents given? What is the practice in the families, with the kids? What they made on 24., 25., 26. December? Do they go in church? What do they eat at christmas time? Songs, plays or anything especially?
And anybody knows, how spend the norwegian royal family their christmas holiday? Have they other practice as the common people? Do they make trips in nature or anything? Are they now private, cook they self or they have personal in theese days too? MM's mother is now with the CP couple?
Thanks

Darn, I really wanted to see pictures of Martha....maybe there are some out there?

Oh okay. Poor her. Hope she had a nice christmas with girls anyway.
The 3 Behn girls are really cute. I liked their sweet coats.
I cannot belive how big Emma got. She looks so much like her eldest sister Maud in her age.

Lovely site about the Royals, it looks very interresting, I will put it into my favourites ! Thanks

The more I see this family, the more I appreciate them thanks for the video

I love this family! They are always so natural and merry, without lacking their royalty! Ingrid is growing up wonderfully; she is a little lady; Sverre Magnus is a little angel and Marius is becoming a gentleman little by little :D.

But, just tell me: this big gingerbread house...could be ate for REAL??? :w00t::brows:

Vanesa.

Thanks for photos and video.
Norwegian Royal Family always very sweet, natural and seem like a family. Children are very cute and growing fast. I wish a good year for them.

Wow beautiful royal family and grandchildren! It is see Princess Kristine of Bernadotte guest on royal family christmas! Princess Kristine is dear of royal family of Norway and she is widow after Prince Carl of Bernadotte 1911-2003.

They do seem like a very unpretentious family. Marius is going to be such a heartbreaker. :)

That is a lovely Christmas card. I like the way that the family looks so natural and candid in the photo.

Back
Top Bottom