Christmas with the Norwegian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a cute pic of the family. Is little Sverre ever going to get some hair? And I really can't decide who he looks like yet. Ingrid has a beautiful smile, I see her paternal side shining thru in her.

Thanks for posting Atene!

Aurora810 said:
What a cute pic of the family. Is little Sverre ever going to get some hair? And I really can't decide who he looks like yet. Ingrid has a beautiful smile, I see her paternal side shining thru in her.

Thanks for posting Atene!

I think Prince Sverre Magnus look like his grandfather Sven O ;)

great photo for a christmas card, mette marit and haakon anyway do good photos for the cards

Norwegian Christmas 2007

The King and Queen will be spending Christmas in Lommedalen with Märtha, Ari and family, and attending Christmas service there instead of Holmenkollen Kapell on Christmas Day. Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will be spending Christmas at Skaugum.

Kongeparet feirer jul i Lommedalen

This is also the thread for the annual Christmas photoshoots

Why are they spending Christmas apart? That seems so sad.

Yes, quite sad indeed :neutral: its nice when the family gathers and attened church service together. But its intresting to know that the king & queen will celebrate christmas along with Ari's family.
I hope they meet up at some point.

The King and Queen began, when their children got families of their own, to alternate between spending Christmas with their son and their daughter. The other ones (this year the Crown Prince and Princess) usually spend Christmas with their in-laws. I think that they hosted it when the grandchildren were younger, when Harald was ill. I think it is a nice way to incorporate both sides of the families.

But I also suspect that it might also be the case of it being nice for the older generation to be able to withdraw when they want, instead of being the hosts.

Well, I also know how it works in my family.
my grandparents used to spend one Christmas with my family and the next year with my cousin's family, too.

I think we will get to see the annual Family Christmas Picture anyway!

I guess if the Crown Prince family and Märthas family spent every christmas eve with the King and queen it would be two other sets of grand parents feeling a bit sad when they never got to see their grand children opening their gifts. This alternating christmases is very common in Norway Id say. Usually the whole royal family including Princess Astrids family gather during the day and have lunch at the royal lodge

I hope the Royals will continue the tradition and will release Family Pictures of the Crown Princely Family at Skaugum as well as Family Pictures of the whole Family in the Royal Palace.

I really hope Ari will be included in the pictures this year... as he hasn't been on the 2006 and 2005 pictures (because of illness and work).

After seeing the beautiful Spanish Christmascards including the lovely toddlers I really long for new pictures of the Norwegian Kids gang. ;)
It has been a very long time since we saw them the last time (can it be that it was in summer? When the pictures in the garden of Skaugum were taken...)
Last year the Crown Princely Christmas pictures were released around December 13th. They are belated this year... hopefull they'll realease some pics in the following week.
The annual Family pictures of the whole Royal family has usually been released a few days before christmas... I think last year it was around the 20th of december...

I hope for a lot of pix too and a little video as well, they are such beautiful people !

I just found this cute video of the Royal Family celebrating Christmas is 2004

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling :wub:

It's really lovely. It's funny to watch this video now... they all have gotten so big! Especially Ingrid!
I love to see lille Ma running around everywhere and touching little baby Ingrid...
or Ingrid's flirt with the camera!
Lovely! :D

Any pics from them yet???? :ermm:

I can't wait to see my fave lil princess. Ingrid always seems to get everyone's attention on photoshoots :wub: I wonder what little tricks she has this time. Too tight shoes... the bored look... making faces... I can't wait! :D

Bigger version of some of the pictures: Her er pepperkakekongen - kjendis.no

Decorating gingerbread cookies made by the children earlier this week.

I really think that Sverre Magnus is growing more and more similar to King Olav. (And adorable how he was going to clean King Harald's face, when it started out as the King going to clean his face...)

The article also talk about how Märtha and Ari (and the girls) not being included in the Christmas shoot this year, has something to do with wanting a more clear line for them - as they've been a lot more commercial the past year than before.

The pictures are adorable, I just love this card, it so very Christmas-mood! :wreath:

The favourite is of course the picture of Sverre Magnus (who's more adorable then ever) trying to 'clean' the King's face. I think the King is kissing his hand in that picture. :wub:

And Ingrid Alexandra has become a mini-copy of her Mom and her older brother - the resemblance, especially in these pictures, was just striking! :queen4: :wub:

I'm melting away right now!
This is such a great idea for a christmas photo session!

The picture of Sonja and Ingrid head-to-head is too cute for words! Really lovely!

And as Avalon , I just love the pics of the King and Sverre Magnus.

:wub:

Pics from Kongehuset.no:
kongehuset.no - Julebilder 2007

Last edited:
a lovely family!! Sverre Magnus has changed alot, i wouldnt of have recognized him if he wasnt with the family. Beautiful photos.

Wonderful pictures! They seem to be such a warm, loving family. I remember last years pictures, saying to myself, Magnus is just like a serious little old man.;) But now he's showing quite a personality, and is maybe going to be a little dynamo just like his sister! It's amazing how Ingrid doesn't look like a toddler anymore, she looks like a little girl, and Magnus isn't looking like a baby, he's looking like a little boy! Marius is great as always, I'll always think that he and Magnus look alike, although Magnus does look very much like King Olav. I love the picture where Magnus is trying to clean Grandpa's face!:lol:

You can find a Video here.
Kongelig julekos - Side2

It's amazing how Magnus changed! He looks quite different now.
Ingrid is such a cute girl. I love the bow in her hair.

Lovely pictures, I've been waiting for these. It's nice to see The King and Queen with the children of The Crown Prince. Princess Ingrid Alexandra is such a sweetie, love the pictures of her and The Queen. And Prince Sverre Magnus looks so much alike his great-grandfather King Olav and his grandfather King Harald as they did as children. A great moment when he did his best to clean the King, and he was so sweet eating gingerbread. Marius as always, looks wonderful. I picture him as a great big brother to his younger siblings.

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess look good as well, though I wish the Crown Prince talked some more. The King looks great, healty and happy. Both him and The Queen look to be enjoying their time with the children.

All in all: :wub:

Wonderful family pics, thanks for all the links and pics!
As we haven't seen them for quite a long time together,
it's impressing how much they have changed, Sverre
grows into a little version of Marius in my eyes and
Ingrid is such a big girl already, this family is really
wonderful to look at :)

Lovely pictures and video. Many thanks for setting them up.

Back
Top Bottom