Belgian Introductory Visit to Norway, April 30, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairy tale

Heir Apparent
City
B.
Country
Germany
Their Majesties the King and Queen are hosting Their Majesties King Phillippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium, who take an official visit to Norway on Wednesday 30 April 2014.
kongehuset.no - Offisielt besøk fra Belgia
Google Translation

from the Belgian Court: Their Majesties the King and Queen make an official visit to Norway. They are in Oslo received by Their Majesties the King and Queen of Norway.
De Belgische Monarchie: Home - Actueel - Agenda - Officieel bezoek aan Noorwegen
Google Translation

about the program:
30.04.2014 Museum of Cultural History
Their Majesties The King and Queen accompany Their Majesties King Philippe and Queen Mathilde on a visit to the Norwegian Museum of Cultural History at Bygdøy.

30.04.2014 Official luncheon
Their Majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja host a luncheon in honour of Their Majesties King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at the Royal Palace. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (13:30).

Princess Astrid is added to the royals attending the Lunch

30.04.2014 Official luncheon
Their Majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja host a luncheon in honour of Their Majesties King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at the Royal Palace. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess , and Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance (13.30).

nice to see that they are in Olso. Quick visit in Sweden.
Nice to see Haakon there, although I miss seeing MM (its been awhile)

This is to be considered another visit within the "family". King Harald is first cousing to King Albert: Their mothers in fact, Astrid and Martha of Sweden, were sisters. Astrid married Philippe's grandfather (King Leopold III - she died a year after becoming Queen) and Martha married Harald's father (King Olaf V - she died before becoming Queen though).
Visiting the parliament this morning

Pic1
Pic2

(source) Twitter @MonarchieBe

Last edited:
Is it known whether the Belgians spent the night at the royal palace of Oslo?

Last edited:
Is it know whether the Belgians spent the night at the royal palace of Oslo?

I'm afraid they don't share such details with the press. Generally during state visits a Head of State stays at Royal Palaces/Presidential Palaces but this is a less formal occasion...I don't know what the protocol is

Last edited:
Mathilde and Mete- Marit really look stunning!

Our Vice Prime Minister Pieter De Crem is among the Royals .
What a warm welcome from King Harald !

I am delighted to see them together, my Queen and my favourite Princess !!!!

King Harald is such a positive contrast to his swedish counterpart!

Queen Mathilde's hairstyle is adroble

Thank you for posting this its great fortimo

Back
Top Bottom