Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

The King and the Queen

https://dbstatic.no/70371305.jpg?ima...643&height=966

CP Haakon, CP Mette Marit and Princess Astrid

https://dbstatic.no/70371266.jpg?ima...024&height=615

http://www.kongehuset.no/tale.html?t...=26947&scope=0

*and thanks to our reporter ROYAL NORWAY!

Old 10-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

It's maybe only me but in this picture Haakon resembles to his great grandfather, Haakon VII.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I am crying seeing the CPcss. I went to a church today and lit a candle for her. I hope some of you might join in as joint prayers are very powerful!
Most definitely will light a candle at church for her this Sunday.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:01 PM
Nobility

https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/td4d0812
the beatiful princess
Old 10-26-2018, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Here are a few more photos and videos from yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** nrk: Mette-Marit ønsket stortingsrepresentantene velkommen **
Old 10-26-2018, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

The complete live coverage with receiving line and the speeches at the banquet! (NRK)
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/nyheter/NNFA41018818/25-10-2018
Old 10-26-2018, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks eya, marian & iceflower!

Well, Norway's beloved, amazing, etc, etc, etc, etc, King was as funny as heck (as he always is during this particular speech) - and said: ''Årets middag er faktisk historisk: Aldri før har vi på samme tid hatt kvinner til å bekle stillingene til både Stortingspresident, Høyesterettsjustitiarius og Statsminister. Tidene forandrer seg. Til det bedre, vil mange med rette hevde. Jeg føler meg i hvert fall på rett sted. Når jeg i tillegg er omkranset av både Dronningen og Kronprinsessen, befinner jeg meg så å si midt i gullrekka.''
Translated to: ''This year's dinner is actually historic: Never before, at the same time, have we had women to cover the positions of both President of the Storting, Chief Justice and Prime Minister. Times are changing. For the better, many will rightly claim. At least, I feel myself at the right place. When I in addition is surrounded by both the Queen and the Crown Princess, I find myself, so to speak, in the middle of a row of gold.'' (Everyone was laughing, including the Crown Princess.)

He also took up a range of issues, such as: Metoo, the Golden Wedding Anniversary and warm meetings with the people.

Read the speech here: Stortingsmiddagen 2018: Kongens tale - kongehuset.no

NRK article: King Harald: - Metoo calls for reflection: Kong Harald: – Metoo maner til ettertanke.

Still some issues with the google translations, so use your owns!

--------------------

And then to our brave, beautiful, etc, etc, etc, etc, Crown Princess, who was in GREAT spirit, laughing all the time, especially when her father-in-law said something funny or when the President of the Storing mentioned all the political scandals this year (which one can read about in this thread: Prime Ministers, and the constitutional role of the Norwegian Monarch).

Quote:
I am crying seeing the CPcss. I went to a church today and lit a candle for her. I hope some of you might join in as joint prayers are very powerful!
Well, you were not the only one!

--------------------

Quote:
The complete live coverage with receiving line and the speeches at the banquet! (NRK)
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/nyheter/NNFA41018818/25-10-2018
Thanks! - And at 00:10 in the first video in the article below, you can see that former Prime Minister, Kjell Magne Bondevik (from the Christian Democratic Party), greeted the Crown Princess with both his hands and said somethings to her:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
--------------------

As one also can see, guardsmen from The King's Guard stood along the procession-route inside the Royal Palace, first time we've seen that under a Stortingsdinner.
Also the first time the media was allowed to film the receiving-line in Speilsalen (the Music Hall), because we are usually seeing the guests walking through the rooms I mentioned in post 118.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
*and thanks to our reporter ROYAL NORWAY!
Reporter? Well, I hope that was meant as a complement.

But funniness aside: You're very welcome!

--------------------

Added some more information, so I reposted it.

Tags
astrid, haakon, harald v, king harald, mette-marit, queen sonja, stortinget