Annual Gala for Stortinget 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight is the annual gala dinner for the Members of Parliament.
Unfortunately CP Mette-Marit won't participate because she is at home with a sick child, said the assistant communications manager Sven Gjeruldsen.
Kronprinsessen hjemme | siste.no
Google Translation
I was really looking forward to see her :sad:

Some general information about the Parliamentary Dinner: Tradition and change - quite interesting.
http://www.kongehuset.no/c26939/nyhet/vis.html?tid=80555
Google Translation

picture gallery: http://www.siste.no/bildeserier/bildeserier_motor/article5786250.ece
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3 poor Haakon all alone

http://www.siste.no/Innenriks/article5786181.ece
Google Translation

Last edited:
Will princess Astrid be in attendance?

Thanks, fairy tale:flowers:

Sad that princess Astrid wasn't there:sad: I really like her, she's one of my favourite from the norwegian royals:)
And it is also sad that Mette-Marit couldn't be there. If I did understand correctly one of the kids is sick:ermm: Hope is nothing serious, only one of those things kids are always having or maybe a bit of flu due to the weather:ermm:

That photogallery you posted is really nice, even if there are only a few pics of the royal family. The king and the queen seem to be having a good time and it's nice to see the queen laughing because I have the feeling that it is so rare of her to do so in public.
It's funny how after almost a year after returning from Norway and checking aftenposten.no very oftenly to be updated about that wonderful country some of those faces (in the gallery) are somehow familiar to me:clap:

As a mother I can understand that she wanted to be with her kid, but it is also sad, that we see her so rarely... :(

Annual Gala 2012

Tonight is the annual gala dinner for the Members of Parliament. The Royal Couple, CP Haakon and Princess Astrid are present.
Kongen fleipet med dronningen | siste.no
Google Translation

Picture gallery: Kjendiser på slottsmiddag | siste.no

Sannelig på tide å forstå kvinnen som har betydd så mye for meg - Aftenposten (with picture gallery)
Google Translation

King Harald's speech kongehuset.no - Stortingsmiddagen 2012: Kongens tale (with video)
Google Translation
It has some funny parts in it, for example talking about the new book about the Queen:
"I must admit that I have read the book with great interest. Finally, I begin to understand the woman who meant so much to me, and as I have lived with for so long. Some might remark that it was then certainly about time. But some of us men may be a little slow."
(Queen Sonja's look at 8:25 in the video :lol:)

He as also talking about the death of Princess Ragnhild:
"When a loved one passes away, we understand how important it is to take care of each other. It is undoubtedly true that it is infinitely short - the time we have together."

Last edited:
What happend to Mette-Marit? She was scheduled to attend as well, but no show once again? :whistling:

As posted in the CP Mette-Marit thread (on phone, can't link), she has the flu, since around the 7th. Since flu lasts about three weeks, she is still sick.

Annual Gala 2013

This year's gala will take place at October 24.
24.10.2013 Official dinner
Their Majesties The King and Queen host the annual dinner in honour of the members of Parliament at the Royal Palace. His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will also be in attendance (20:00).
A pity that CP Mette-Marit won't attend due to her illness.

It was strange not to see the Crown Princess but also nice to see Princess Astrid in attendence.

QS looks tired and just down in the dumps...she is walking with her head somewhat down and maybe she is thinking, Oh no not another fancy dinner when all I want is my bed and hot tea and a good book.

Annual gala 2014

This year's gala dinner will be next week Thursday
16.10.2014 Official dinner
Their Majesties The King and Queen host a gala dinner for the Members of Parliament. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance (20:00).

Interesting that Princess Astrid will be there but not Princess Märtha Louise.

Last edited:
:previous: Iirc, Märtha-Louise has attended this annual gala for the last time in 2002. So it is really no surprise.

Annual Gala for Stortinget 2015

This year's gala dinner will take place on October 22:

22.10.2015 Official dinner
Their Majesties The King and Queen host a gala dinner for the Members of Parliament. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance (20:00).

NRK has posted the King's speech here. You can read the speech in Norwegian here.

They show Haakon in the video & you can see Sonja at one point. But I may have missed any better viewings. Sonja is wearing a blue dress with her Pearl Tiara.

You can see photos here. MM & Sonja are both recycling gowns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom