The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

75th Birthday of Princess Astrid

Information from the royal webpage:

Monday 12.02 at 19:00. HM The King is hosting a dinner on the occasion of Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner's 75th birthday.

As it is officially on the calendar, I wonder if it will be a large-ish event. Considering that Princess Astrid used to be the first lady, I definitely think there ought to be an official photo, at least.

The biography created for Astrid on the occasion of the 100 year anniversary for the Norwegian Independence and the royal house: 1905-2005, June biography: Astrid

Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if Haakon & Mette-Marit will make it back for the dinner, considering they're in NYC the day before for an event at MOMA?

Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
I wonder if Haakon & Mette-Marit will make it back for the dinner, considering they're in NYC the day before for an event at MOMA?
I hope they will attend the galaevent. Will Princess Ragnhild and her family attend Astrid's birthday or will they stay away like from the King's birthday later this month?

Old 02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I hope they will attend the galaevent. Will Princess Ragnhild and her family attend Astrid's birthday or will they stay away like from the King's birthday later this month?
From what I could gather from the article in VG, Princess Ragnhild and her husband won't attend either.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I dont know if this is a gala dinner or just a black tie event, the web just says "dinner". But I think the reason this dinner is given is to honour the Princess who was first lady for quite some years, I cant remeber the King giving a dinner, at the palace, for his other sister. Princess Astrid also gets a honorary pension from the state for her work.

Princess Ragnhild and her husband wont attend either birthdays as Norwegianne writes, beacuse they do not want to come to Norway at the moment (the paternety case beeing the supposed reason, recently Vg publishing an old Picture of Lorentzen with what he then belived was his daughter, never a dull moment in the NRF ), Haakon ofcoruse will attend, as he is in Norway and according to the Palace Mette-Marit will come directly from New York to the birthday so unless there is some delay with the planes she will be there as well. I though read that atleast their oldest son and daughter in law, Haakon and Martha Lorentzen will attend Haralds birthday.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Happy 75th Birthday to Princess Astrid!
I hope for some nice pictures this evening!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Official Birthday Portrait of Princess Astrid with her husband and the Royal Couple:

OFFICIAL PORTRAIT

(Seher)

Old 02-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Her Majesty the two ladies look lovely I especially like Sonja's dress
Old 02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
Thank you Her Majesty the two ladies look lovely I especially like Sonja's dress
Great photo!
Are there others?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Sonja's dress is exquisite!!! Very lovely!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The same picture and an Article (in Norwegian) on SIDE2.

I think they all look quite relaxed and happy. It's a bit sad Princess Ragnhild is missing on this photo and no other family members (like Astrid's children) are pictured with them.
Anyway, I think especially Sonja looks quite beautiful.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Out of the two ladies, I'd be inclined to say that Astrid looks the best. Don't get me wrong, I like Sonja's outfit and appearance, but there's just something very refreshing about the fact that Astrid doesn't try to look younger than she is.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

Did any of the younger generation attend the birthday function?
THanks, linda 85
Old 02-13-2007, 04:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda85
Did any of the younger generation attend the birthday function?
THanks, linda 85
It said in an article in Aftenposten's web-edition, that family and friends would celebrate the birthday. So I should think that children and grandchildren, nephews/nieces and grand nephews/nieces would attend.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:50 AM
Courtier

I really liked sonja's out fit !! is it new ??? hope there will be more pictures of everyone else at the party !
Old 02-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Courtier

I found Queen Sonja elegant and perfect..her hairdo was lovely
Old 02-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
I really liked sonja's out fit !! is it new ???
The top is new, but the skirt is recycled. She wore it for the Nobel Dinner last December.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
The top is new, but the skirt is recycled. She wore it for the Nobel Dinner last December.
thanks for that info ! are there other pictures from the evening does any one know ???
Old 02-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Princess Astrid turns 75

The woman who once ranked as Norway's first lady was guest of honour at a special birthday dinner at the Royal Palace Monday evening
Princess Astrid is five years older than her brother King Harald, who turns 70 next week. While he and Queen Sonja will be at the center of huge celebrations in connection with their birthdays, Princess Astrid's celebration was relatively low-key.

King Harald was host ...read full article & source here
Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Nobility

I want to see more photos of this day...