1905-2005, July biography: Harald

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ids the Norwegin Military Acamedy called? I like all of the photographsof Harlad child and a young man.

Who has the picture of haral with sophia of spain (when they were single)? If it has any pics????

I didnt know The Queen had stillbirths Thats so sad :(

to who you talk about, to queen Sonia or Marta Luisa?

A wonderful bio! Thank you for all your efforts and nice pictures too :flowers:. Still, I've been wondering what the sign of the cat means back in 1955 during the graduation celebrations known as the (Russtid) in this picture? :-ImageShack - Hosting :: 000013971721um.jpg (posted in the previous page by Mandy). I've also noticed that it came in two colours the red and the white.
And does the name (Russtid) has anything to do with Russia? and what does it mean in Norwegian? and finally, do they still celebrate the Russtid in Norway?
I'm not expecting any answers, as the thread is too old, and it's hard to bring it back to life. I'll keep on hoping:rolleyes:.

A wonderful bio! Thank you for all your efforts and nice pictures too :flowers:.
Good that you enjoyed it.

Still, I've been wondering what the sign of the cat means back in 1955 during the graduation celebrations known as the (Russtid) in this picture? :-ImageShack - Hosting :: 000013971721um.jpg (posted in the previous page by Mandy). I've also noticed that it came in two colours the red and the white.
King Harald attended Oslo Cathedral School (Oslo Katedralskole) which is abbreviated Katta (Norwegian word for Cat). I think the pictures of the cats is related to the school-name.

And does the name (Russtid) has anything to do with Russia? and what does it mean in Norwegian? and finally, do they still celebrate the Russtid in Norway?
Russetid has nothing to do with Russia, actually. And it is still celebrated in Norway. My little sister is doing it this year.

I could go into a long diatribe on what it is, but the English wikipedia article on it is fairly accurate - Russ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good that you enjoyed it.

King Harald attended Oslo Cathedral School (Oslo Katedralskole) which is abbreviated Katta (Norwegian word for Cat). I think the pictures of the cats is related to the school-name.

Russetid has nothing to do with Russia, actually. And it is still celebrated in Norway. My little sister is doing it this year.

I could go into a long diatribe on what it is, but the English wikipedia article on it is fairly accurate - Russ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you norwegianne for the information:flowers:, I was a little surprised with the speed of your reply;) . I guess you, along with the quite useful link(Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) gave me all that I wanted to know about:flowers:, and the meaning of the colours used was quite interesting to know. Thank you

Last edited:
Still didn't lose interest in this wonderful thread (Thanks Mandy):flowers:. I'm quite interested in the outfits of Queen Sonja and Princess Martha Louise, on King Harald's enthronement, they looked extra conservative, I've noticed that only their faces were uncovered, were they obliged to do so? As in :-ImageShack - Hosting :: 000029811383hh.jpg (picture originally posted by Mandy in the previous page). As I have noticed also that they were fully covered in black on King Olav's funeral. And were King Harald and Queen Sonja crowned? Is there any chance of seeing pictures with crowns on their heads? And why all the kings of Norway are enthroned in the Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim rather than the capital Oslo?
Finally, any idea of what the structure of the monument in honour of King Olav means? in this picture ImageShack - Hosting :: kongevarden1kc.jpg (picture originally posted by Mandy in the previous page). And Pleeeeeeease, Is there any chance of seeing some photos of King Harald's Biography by Per Egil Hegge? I read that it has lots of nice photos of the King taken by Queen Sonja herself , and how is it rated in Norway? Thanks in advance and sorry for my too many questions.:flowers:

Dalia said:
Still didn't lose interest in this wonderful thread (Thanks Mandy)
flowers.gif
. I'm quite interested in the outfits of Queen Sonja and Princess Martha Louise, on King Harald's enthronement, they looked extra conservative, I've noticed that only their faces were uncovered, were they obliged to do so? As in :-ImageShack - Hosting :: 000029811383hh.jpg (picture originally posted by Mandy in the previous page).
You can find more information about the Outfits worn by the new Queen and Princess Märtha Louise in this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f180/king-harald-enthronement-1991-a-52.html

And were King Harald and Queen Sonja crowned? Is there any chance of seeing pictures with crowns on their heads?
No they weren't. They never wore the "crowns" on their heads.
When Harald became King the Crown was placed in the church (next to the aisle) , but her never wore it.

Dalia said:
And Pleeeeeeease, Is there any chance of seeing some photos of King Harald's Biography by Per Egil Hegge? I read that it has lots of nice photos of the King taken by Queen Sonja herself , and how is it rated in Norway?
You'll find lots of Information here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/harald-v-biography-king-harald-norway-11181.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom