The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2006, 04:55 PM

the pics are so wonderful. The three kids are so cute!!

Old 05-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
She's hidding her face because she doesn't want the sun in her face. She isn't shy she just hates being in the sun like me.
And I guess that sunburn thing from a few years back, makes her cautious with the sun.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Nobility

From Hello on 17th of May

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...rwegianroyals/

Just one comment to this article;
It says: "The bunad, as it is known, is based on regional folk apparel and first came into existence about 100 years ago." That isn't entirely correct. Most of the costumes that makes up the bunad, has it's roots in the clothes styles from the 1600s to the early 1800s. And it was everymans "copies" of rich people's clothes. Hundred years ago Hulda Garborg (wife of writer Arne Garborg) did a formidable work in catalogueing the bunads from different places. One could say she revived the bunad, and made it popular again.

During this time they also tried to make a national costume for the entire country, the Hardanger bunad (which is the one CP Mette-Marit wore this year), but that didn't work out. Each region/district wanted their own bunad which belonged to that specific area. It's a nice way to see where people come from or have their roots.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Nobility

Ingrid Alexandra looks so cute... but I've noticed that she seldom smiles... :(
Old 05-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox6
What does that mean? She is a lovely, sweet loking young lady.
Sorry had no time to check my post yesterday, obviously "hate" was meant to be "hat"!! She may be sweet and good looking but she is a Princess and her public want to see her face. I just think Mette-Marit should wear a hat that shows her face, all the other princess' can find them so I can only assume Mette-Marit likes to be a little hidden.

I like to keep the sun of my face but I do not do that by hiding my face under a big, dark hat.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Commoner

Its just funny. If Mette Marit wear a headpiece and you can see all of her face it is wrong and everybody cries that she should youse a normal head. And if she wear a normal hat everybody cries that nobody can see her face. What do you want?
I think that she can really carry out these headpieces and hats aren't her thing. In my family we say that if anyone has a Hatface she can wear a teekettle on her head and it would look great. But if you don#t have a hatface you don't look great with the loveliest hat at all. Perhapes Mette Marit don't feel that she has a hatface.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger
Its just funny. If Mette Marit wear a headpiece and you can see all of her face it is wrong and everybody cries that she should youse a normal head. And if she wear a normal hat everybody cries that nobody can see her face. What do you want?
I think that she can really carry out these headpieces and hats aren't her thing. In my family we say that if anyone has a Hatface she can wear a teekettle on her head and it would look great. But if you don#t have a hatface you don't look great with the loveliest hat at all. Perhapes Mette Marit don't feel that she has a hatface.
I agree. It seems that Mette-Marit can't win with her hat choices. I found her national day hat lovely. Other royal women wear huge hats in which you can't see their faces very well and get praised for them.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
I agree. It seems that Mette-Marit can't win with her hat choices. I found her national day hat lovely. Other royal women wear huge hats in which you can't see their faces very well and get praised for
them.

I think when it come to Mette Marit - she is an easy target so most people criticize her for the same things other crown princesses get praised for.

For Maxima -it she so exuberant she can carry it off.

For Mary - she is so elegant.

Pah!!! Of all the crown princesses she has not been able to carve out her own personna, her own style, her own path. I think most people use the outrage at her "past" as a way to never see anything positive in her.
I see a really beautiful, self-posessed and strong woman. (I know if I were in her shoes, I would crumbled under this much criticism)
Give her a break! So it wasn't the greatest hat - but does that mean she should now be lynched.

Ingyk
Old 05-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Commoner

How old is Marius? He is so cute! I love his blond hair!
I don't think there is anything wrong with Mette Marit's hat. I liked it.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
How old is Marius?
Marius is 9 years old.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melike2
I don't think there is anything wrong with Mette Marit's hat. I liked it.
I liked her hat too, and I especially liked the Crown Prince's hat :)
Old 05-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
I agree. It seems that Mette-Marit can't win with her hat choices. I found her national day hat lovely. Other royal women wear huge hats in which you can't see their faces very well and get praised for them.
Don't get me wrong. I do like MM and admire her for many things. However, I don't think she can pull off that kind of extravagant hats, the reason being that for such a hat you must be dressed to the nines and make up your face. If Mary wears a hat, her clothes fit perfectly and her face is made up and matches this. If Maxima wears a hat, the hat is not as important has her huge, outgoing, immensely friendly personality, so it doesn't matter if the hat is awful. MM seems a bit withdrawn at times and hardly wore any makeup on May 17, so in the hat she looks a bit like dressing up.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Ingrid looked so cute in her little dress.

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
Old 05-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Nobility

Royal family is elegant and princess Astrid is much diligent in royal family. Princess Astrid have visit King Carl Gustafs 60th birthday and now she stand wide balcony in royal family of Norway 17 may!!! Princess Astrid and King Harald is much stand near each other!!! Princess Astrid and husband Martin is love royal family of Norway.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought her hat would look lovely on Maxima:p she totally disappears under it.

Here is a pic from the King and Queen in the afternoon on a visit to Alna in Oslo. Its from Aftenposten
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ko...cle1320269.ece
...and some more from the morning scanpix and ANB via regional papers

and some more of Sverre Magnus and Haakon, from rex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_1317437_jpg_401818h.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	244563   Click image for larger version

Name:	587646D.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	244588   Click image for larger version

Name:	587646G.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	244589   Click image for larger version

Name:	587655AI.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	244590  

Click image for larger version

Name:	587655Y.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	244591   Click image for larger version

Name:	587655Z.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	244592   Click image for larger version

Name:	587655AA.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	244593  
Old 05-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the morning you could see all the photographers gathering infront of Skaugum, they obiously knew each other well because they were talking and laughing and shaking hands with each other. Mette-Marits mother was also at Skaugum in the morning, she was standing descreetly behind the photographers and only Se og Hør seems to have noticed her and has a picture of her.

Some more of Ingrid in her tiny Hardanger bunad, from Rex

Old 05-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Nobility

I love her tradition outfit. Alexandra looks so adorable. Love it.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:55 AM
Serene Highness

Is it me but since she has had the last baby she seem's more subdue??? or is that because I havent seen her for a while . (hope this make sense?)
Old 05-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the pictures everybody!

Marius, Ingrid Alexandra, and Sverre all looked so adorable! Why didn't Marius and Sverre join the family on the balcony?

Marius is going to be a serious heartbreaker one day....
Old 05-25-2006, 03:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Photos from Royal Portraits
http://www.royalportraits.nl/20060517.htm

Photos from Royal Press
http://www.royalpress.nl/20060517.html