The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Belgian Royal History

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

One More

This is a wonderful array of portraits! Thank you Marengo!

http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/10700/2987517490094285158S600x600Q85.jpg .

Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Here a Winterhaller portrait of Queen Marie-Henriette, or Queen Maria-Hendrika as the Flemish tend to call her. Does anybody know where the painitng is now?

It is with the Belgian Royal Collection.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Gentry

poor woman such a beauty i feel bad for her.Her life could have been better if she had not marry that cruel king. I wonder why she never ask for an annulment from the vatican to free herself from her husband , i know she would be discriminate but at least she could have a happy life instead of living with a husband who openly have have mistress in the palace, dislike by most of his subject and somehow have no empathy for her .i must say she has one of the saddest life as a royalty
queen marie of romania ounce wrote the the difficulty is that we princes have to marry foreign princes
and i bet queen marie henriette had her difficulties
Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 PM

A Sidesaddle Photo

Just thought I would add this one to the collection.

Julie
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for that picture! Queen Marie Henriette was terribly fond of horses, a passion that started during her childhood in Hungary. One of her daughters claimed she liked her horses more than her children.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:24 PM

You are welcome. I am a huge sidesaddle enthusiast..so the only pictures I have of Royalty are equestrian related and usually found in either antique stores or e-bay.

ETA - I am really surprised that from all I have read about how she prefered the company of her animals over other people - that more photos were not taken of her with her beloved pets.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:00 PM

Confessor priest

Is there any information on who her priest was? I am trying to find out if a Father Ephraim was her priest confessor. He is a relative of the Facon line of my family. Family lore says that one of the Facons became a Jesuit priest and was the father confessor of either Queen Marie-Henreitte or Queen Asrtid.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Marie-Henriette's beauty gained for her the sobriquet of "The Rose of Brabant".

Tags
archduchess, austria, belgian history, biography, habsburg, king leopold ii, queen consort, queen marie-henriette