The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-25-2019, 10:17 AM
Majesty

I think one of her pregnancies was so far advanced that it was considered a stillbirth rather than a miscarriage..a female, delivered at 5-6 months in July 1966.

Fabiola required emergency surgery and nearly lost her life.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-25-2019, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think one of her pregnancies was so far advanced that it was considered a stillbirth rather than a miscarriage..a female, delivered at 5-6 months in July 1966.

Fabiola required emergency surgery and nearly lost her life.
It is Moonmaiden. 1 was stillbirth. I'm sorry I just said miscarriages in general.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 07-25-2019, 11:01 AM
Majesty

No apologies royalfly...I still think it's considered a miscarriage.

Poor Fabiola became so desperate in the 60's she started doing things that compromised her health..putting her body through rigorous fasting and prayers, and during one trip to South America reportedly swimming in a lake that the locals insisted would guarantee fertility. She also visited Switzerland and Paris for painful and risky fertility treatments("A Throne for Brussels" auth. Paul Belien)

This on top of having to face weekly tabloid reports that her husband was planning to have their marriage annulled in favor of a younger, more fertile spouse.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-25-2019, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No apologies royalfly...I still think it's considered a miscarriage.

Poor Fabiola became so desperate in the 60's she started doing things that compromised her health..putting her body through rigorous fasting and prayers, and during one trip to South America reporting swimming in a lake that the locals insisted would guarantee fertility. She also visited Switzerland and Paris for painful and risky fertility treatments("A Throne for Brussels" auth. Paul Belien)

This on top of having to face weekly tabloid reports that her husband was planning to have their marriage annulled in favor of a younger, more fertile spouse.
Just by reading this, tears flowed suddenly from my eyes. I couldn't imagine such great lengths she did and be faced with all this negative press.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 07-25-2019, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it was very sad, I remembered, I was in Germany in 1967, and I read on a newspaper, Queen Fabiola is expecting, it is officiel, King Baudoin announced the news two days ago, I rushed to read this wonderful news but one day after, I read on the same newspaper the title ' Queen Fabiola lost her baby' I was very sad for her and there was a photo of king Baudoin who received at this time the president Bourguiba and he was very sad

The couple of King Baudoin and the queen Fabiola was my prefered couple, he is still in my memories, my avartar on the royal forums is the photo of the couple

There is also an another book with the title' Fabiola, une jeune fille de 80 ans' 'Fabiola , a 80 years old Young girl' from Brigitte Balfoort and Joris De Vougt

I love to read this book

I find that king philippe looks like his uncle Baudoin
Old 07-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so much for your posts and your love and your respect for our King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Another photo that I've not seen before,king Baudouin and Queen Fabiola of arriving at Dublin Castle with An Taoiseach the late Jack Lynch in 1968.

https://images.app.goo.gl/EN1nLLfhfF2kkHxB7

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 07-25-2019, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Black and white pictures , I like ! The King without his glasses and the great Spanish tiara , i think we will never see anymore ?
Old 07-25-2019, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Another photo that I've not seen before,king Baudouin and Queen Fabiola of arriving at Dublin Castle with An Taoiseach the late Jack Lynch in 1968.

https://images.app.goo.gl/EN1nLLfhfF2kkHxB7
Fabiola looked amazing in that tiara...but I agree with maria olivia...I have given up hope that we will ever see that kind of glamour in the Belgian crown jewel collection again.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Black and white pictures , I like ! The King without his glasses and the great Spanish tiara , i think we will never see anymore ?

The Queen is also wearing the Wolfers tiara as a necklace in the picture.

I don't know if we will ever see the Spanish tiara again, but, most likely, we will see Queen Mathilde wearing the Nine Provinces tiara matched with the Wolfers as a necklace.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:40 PM
Majesty

Did QF leave the Wolfers to Mathilde?

I keep hoping against hope that the Spanish Tiara was broken up and divided between Mathilde and Elisabeth....and will appear again in some form some day....

Old 07-25-2019, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Did QF leave the Wolfers to Mathilde?

Yes, she did. Mathilde has worn the Wolfers several times as a tiara since she became queen and she wore it as a necklace alone (without a tiara) at least twice (at an award ceremony in Germany and at the Prince of Wales' 70th birthday dinner).
Old 07-25-2019, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Another wonderful photo from inside Dublin castle ,the late Jack Lynch and his wife Máirín Lynch with King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola prior to the State Banquet held in their honour. (15.05.1968).

https://irishphotoarchive.photoshelt...000bL5IcoRnG8Q

Queen Fabiola wore the Wolfers Tiara the night after at a visit to the Abbey Theatre in central Dublin where the royal couple met with the theatre staff and actors.

https://irishphotoarchive.photoshelt...CYjmg--&GI_ID=

Queen Fabiola chatting with the late President Eamon de Valera at Áras an Uachtarain in Dublin (14.05.1968)

Eamon and Sinéad de Valera would have been in their 80's during this visit,the 1st lady died in January 1975 aged 96 and her husband the President died just eight months later.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I might be guilty of sacrilege here, but if we have to chose between the two I'm glad that Queen Fabiola left the Wolfers tiara to her royal relatives and not the Spanish Wedding tiara. The Wolfers has some wonderful stones and strangely enough while looking daulinty as a necklace it can look quite impactful as a tiara. Queen Mathilde wears it very well. I like it very much.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I just wish the Belgian Royal Family had a foundation and the Spanish tiara was part of it,the entire mystery of who owns it is more of the palace confusion that they seemingly excel at.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

This is so true. Nobody really knows exactly its whereabouts. I am also hoping. The Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara is a very beautiful one and there's a lot of ways to use it as seen on Queen Fabiola's photos of the past.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 07-26-2019, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its nice to reminisce on the Golden Age of the Belgian Monarchy and the Golden Couple especially when you see a spoiled sulky Prince Laurent on his phone on National Day.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:38 AM
Nobility

https://irishphotoarchive.photoshelt...CYjmg--&GI_ID=[/QUOTE]

Thank you Ard Ri for posting these old photos of the Belgian state visit. Looking at the Golden Couple alongside the very elder statesman President De Valera and his wife, it is very reminiscent of the recent state visit from The Netherlands to Ireland and the age gap between those two couples too! I think the visit from Baudouin and Fabiola had better weather!
Old 07-26-2019, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its nice to reminisce on the Golden Age of the Belgian Monarchy and the Golden Couple especially when you see a spoiled sulky Prince Laurent on his phone on National Day.
Indeed. Looking back on that Golden Era is very heartwarming. I will always be a Golden Couple fan!

The Royal Fly®️
Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

We shall never see the likes of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola again and he was the last Belgian king to die whilst still on the throne.

Tags
king baudouin, queen fabiola