Pictures of Beatrix As a Princess (Pre-1980)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 534
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 497
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 509
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 626
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 542
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 534
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 547
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 485
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 530
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Beatrix Kneeling Before Prince Bernhard
Original caption: Prince Installs Daughter. Hague, Holland: Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands installs his daughter, Princess Beatrix, as honorary commander of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem in a ceremony at the Knights' Hall here. Bernhard is land commander of the same order.

www.corbis.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 618
... for a look back at the Queen formerly known as Crown Princess ...

1. 4 March 1940: Princess Beatrix, daughter of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands, with her sister (in the cot), Princess Irene.

2. Crown Princess Beatrix of Holland, with her sister Princess Irene, on skis at St Anton in Austria.

3. New York: Crown Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands presses a button to start a videotaped message from the Mayor of Amsterdam Wim Polack to Mayor Edward Koch 4/21, at the opening of the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines' new American headquarters here 4/21. The two mayors later spoke to each other on the telephone.

4. Snapping Back. London, England: Prince Bernhard, husband of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands, uses this odd shaped miniature camera to get a picture of photographers snapping the prince and his daughters, Princess Beatrix (center) and Princess Irene. The Dutch royalty attended the International Horse Show at London's White City Stadium.

5. Queen Wilhelmina with Her Grandchildren
Original caption: The Royal Ladies Waiting. Amsterdam, Netherlands: The former Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands (left) waits with the royal grandchildren at an Amsterdam airport for the arrival of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard. The royal couple had just finished a Latin American tour. The princesses are: Princess Marijke; Princess Beatrix; Princess Irene; and Princess Margariet.

6. Holland's Royal Family. Amsterdam: Holland's Royal family stands in front of the Royal Palace of Soestdijk to watch the Military Parade in honor of the Queen's 44th birthday. Left to right: Princess Margriet, Queen Juliana, Princess Beatrix, Princess Irene, Prince Bernhard, and, in the foreground holding her doll, Princess Marijke (Maria-Chirstina).

7. Princess lunches at the White House. Washington, D.C.: Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands (left) was guest of honor at the White House luncheon today given by President Kennedy. She poses with the Chief Executive and Mrs. Lyndon B. Johnson, wife of the Vice President (right) who acted as hostess, prior to the luncheon. Mrs. Jacqueline Kennedy is still vacationing in Palm Beach, Fla.

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 551
  • skiing_beatrix.jpg
    skiing_beatrix.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 653
  • NL_beatrix_456.jpg
    NL_beatrix_456.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 550
  • NL_beatrix_450.jpg
    NL_beatrix_450.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 512
  • NL_beatrix_451.jpg
    NL_beatrix_451.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 618
  • NL_juliana_family_504.jpg
    NL_juliana_family_504.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 536
  • NL_beatrix_453.jpg
    NL_beatrix_453.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has now been cleaned up.

Beatrix was a very exuberant looking princess!

It would be great to see new additions to this thread as Queen Beatrix is marking 25 years as Queen this month.

Wow, I really like that first sideportrait of Beatrix! She was an attractive woman IMO... Thanks for posting them PrincessBeatrix!

Yes, she really was lovely (she still is, but in another way).
Sometimes Victoria of Sweden reminds me of the young Beatrix (in the last pic, for instance). I think it has something to do with the smile. :) Let's just hope that Vicken won't develop a helmet the next few years. ;)

Gosh the Helmet on Viktoria! :D Never! ;)
But I really cannot imagine Beatrix without the Helmet anymore.
Beatrix used to look really "girly" in the 60s.

Nice picture of Princess Beatrix taken in the early 70s

ANP

Princess_Beatrix said:
But I really cannot imagine Beatrix without the Helmet anymore.

well, Hurricane Lenny decided to help you (1999, on Curacao), and see the result:

before

BeforethehurricanhitsBeatrixClaus19.jpg

-
after

2108949.jpg

(pic: Corbis & ANP, originally posted by Marianne of the GREMB)

Marengo said:
2108949.jpg

(pic: Corbis & ANP, originally posted by Marianne of the GREMB)
She looks SO different! But i like this "without-helmet" air :lol: :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, Marengo and Her_Majesty! :flowers:

She is a lovely, lovely woman but she could do with a hair makeover.

I wonder why she doesn't have her hair like in the pic posted by marengo? I think it looks much better. Then again, it would be strange to see her like that.
Great pics btw, Beatrix has always looked younger than she is IMO :flowers:

Sister Morphine said:
She is a lovely, lovely woman but she could do with a hair makeover.

I wonder about the spray consumption: how many bottles do you need to make your hair look that stiff every day of your life? :flowers:

Good thing that a) she doesn't care, she's the Queen and she wears her hair however she wants to, and b) strong winds will never be a problem for her. Smart, huh? ;)

Her facial expression in the first pic reminds me of Bobby Brady from the Brady Bunch. She was very beautiful when she was young and still is as a woman.

These are old pictures, posted by The Watcher, but is the woman to the right Queen Beatrix?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=152824&d=1117629048 and http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=152826&d=1117629048
I guess she doesn't always have her hair all fixed into the Helmet. :)

Yes,that is Queen Beatrix on board her ship the "Groene Draeck".
HM never has a helmet if not going anywhere official,it's all au naturel hairwise.

Oh, I know. It just looks like one.
She would not be my Queen otherwise. :)

We are two wanting that! Queen Beatrix is one of the Royals I like the most. Besides, she reminds me my own granny in facial features! :D

Vanesa.

A picture from 1954 of a sixteen year old Princess Beatrix, standing next to a fourteen year old Princess Margrethe: https://www.box.com/s/h3zvjr98ft4uutc67y5s

For those who don't know the drill: Click the square in the lower right corner first, then zoom in and out as you please.

A picture from 1954 of a sixteen year old Princess Beatrix, standing next to a fourteen year old Princess Margrethe: https://www.box.com/s/h3zvjr98ft4uutc67y5s

For those who don't know the drill: Click the square in the lower right corner first, then zoom in and out as you please.

I've never seen that photo of the 2 future Queen's before,thank you for sharing this!

Back
Top Bottom