Princess Beatrix, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - April 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
HRH Princess Beatrix will unveil a monument for the fishermen lost at sea,Scheveningen on the 24th of may. The Fishermens names monument holds 1366 names.

It will also be the first public engagement of the Princess after her Abdication.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
She is not a queen after the abdication ? lost she her title ? i thought she is after the abdication a queen too like queen noor or queen fabiola or queen mum ( symbolic)

She is not a queen after the abdication ? lost she her title ? i thought she is after the abdication a queen too like queen noor or queen fabiola or queen mum ( symbolic)

If you read the Dutch threads you'd know.:)

No,once a Monarch Abdicates here they get their old title as Prince or Princess.
We don't do multiple Queens,well..not in the Royal Family anyway...

Now that she's back to being a princess I wonder what she has planned for herself other than spend time with her family, friends and charity work? Would she take classes at a Uni, travel, publish a book etc... ? Yesterday was bittersweet & amazing all at once.

Now that she's back to being a princess I wonder what she has planned for herself other than spend time with her family, friends and charity work? Would she take classes at a Uni, travel, publish a book etc... ? Yesterday was bittersweet & amazing all at once.

I've been wondering the same thing. I know that Princess beatrix will be moving to Castle Drakensteijne - does anyone know if it needs to be renovated or refurbished? Perhaps she will be involved in that. Maybe she will be able to spend more time doing sculpture. I think a book of somekind would be amazing. I do hope, though, that she will make appearances still at all the major events.

Eh? Travel, go to uni, publish a book? I imagine Beatrix will carry on with what's she's been doing her whole life, except without the monarchs issues.

Drakensteyn was renovated a few years ago, so she can move in fairly soon if she wants to.

For the rest: she will have some official duties, will probably be advising WA if needed, has grand children, hobbies but surely will spend a lot of time in London.

I am sure she will keep herself busy: visit children and grandchildren in Brussels and London whenever she wants, sculpt, read, go riding when she wants, go sailing, put her feet up with a good book and a drink and a smoke, enjoy not having to deal with politicians, enjoy not having a full schedule of meetings, maybe a private holiday with her friends, her various charities.

She was queen regnant, not consort like Noor or Fabiola. Only queen consorts can be queen mothers (Máxima shall be one day). Retired dutch monarchs use their previous title of princess after they abdicate. :)

So if Willem-Alexander abdicates in favour of Amalia (and reverts to being Prince W-A), Maxima would still be Queen in title?!

My best wishes to Princess Beatrix on her new life; it's going to take me a little while to get used to her new title!

So if Willem-Alexander abdicates in favour of Amalia (and reverts to being Prince W-A), Maxima would still be Queen in title?!

No, her style of queen is because her husband is the king. Once he abdicates, she will be again princess Maxima. But I guess it would be different if he dies while still being, then she would stay queen Maxima the queen mother.

No, her style of queen is because her husband is the king. Once he abdicates, she will be again princess Maxima. But I guess it would be different if he dies while still being, then she would stay queen Maxima the queen mother.

i think she will still be a Princess even if he dies while king.

i think she will still be a Princess even if he dies while king.

She doesn't have to be. Unless she choses to be a Princess, she's entitled to the title Queen Mother.

The last Queen Consort of the Netherlands was Emma, wife of William III. She went from being Queen Consort (her husband's reign), to Queen Regent (her daughter's minority), to Queen Mother (her daughter's majority).

I am sure she will keep herself busy: visit children and grandchildren in Brussels and London whenever she wants, sculpt, read, go riding when she wants, go sailing, put her feet up with a good book and a drink and a smoke, enjoy not having to deal with politicians, enjoy not having a full schedule of meetings, maybe a private holiday with her friends, her various charities.

Where can I sign up for that life? :)

I have a question if any of our Dutch friend can clarify: Princess Beatrix had the Military Order of William in her role as Sovereign. But upon her abdication & with King Willem Alexander now being the Grand Master of the Order, does Princess Beatrix still hold her Order or her highest order now is only the Netherlands Lion? Thanks so much.

Dutch Princess Beatrix looks at pictures of herself at the exhibition 'Onze Koningin' (Our Queen) at the Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam on May 7, 2013. The exhibition includes 145 photos of Beatrix as Queen and Princess, all made by Dutch press agency ANP. The exhibition is open untill May 26.
(Photo credit should read ROBIN UTRECHT/AFP/Getty Images)

Picture

Dutch Princess Beatrix looks at pictures of herself at the exhibition 'Onze Koningin' (Our Queen) at the Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam on May 7, 2013. The exhibition includes 145 photos of Beatrix as Queen and Princess, all made by Dutch press agency ANP. The exhibition is open untill May 26.
(Photo credit should read ROBIN UTRECHT/AFP/Getty Images)

Picture

Many if not most pics at this exhibition are by Dutch TOP photographer Robin Utrecht!!

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1531206

courtesy ROBIN UTRECHT:flowers:

Princess Beatrix moving her good self to Drakensteyn herself.....in Madurodam:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

Princess Beatrix has hosted a farewell lunch for her commissioners at the Kasteel De Wittenburg in Wassenaar today, May 17.

** Pic **

Last edited:
Today, Princess Beatrix attended the opening of the Noordbrabants museum and the Stedelijk museum's-Hertogenbosch. Both museums have a collection of archeology and modern design, May 24, 2013.
PPE Pictures PPE Agency

Last edited:
Last edited:

Princess Beatrix attended the award ceremony of the European Inventor Award 2013 in Amsterdam today, May 28, 2013.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:

Princess Beatrix has attended a concert at the Westerkerk in Amsterdam today, May 29 - the concert was held to raise money for the church's restoration and maintenance.

** anp gallery **

Princess Beatrix has inaugurated a new building of the museum of art in Zwolle today, May 31, 2013.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
PB sure does look GREAT!

It's SO hard NOT to think of her as QUEEN B, though, even though I LOVE it that there's now a Queen Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom