Princess Beatrix, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - April 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww . . .

I was so sorry to hear about this!

My best thoughts and wishes for a speedy, at-home recovery go out to Princess B!

I hope she is better soon.

I don't think I'll ever get used to "Princess" Beatrix myself.

It does sound like a nasty accident, and I suppose it could have been worse, as she did not damage an eye, an organ, etc.

I'm not sure if I'll get used to it either; when talking about Beatrix, I often find myself saying "Queen- I mean Princess Beatrix".

Last edited:
Finally back in public!

Queen Beatrix yesterday afternoon, October 2nd, visited the military air base Gilze-Rijen in the province of Noord-Brabant to meet with members of the Dutch Armed Forces and to honour the good cooperation in the years of Beatrix's reign.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

** nos.nl video: Militairen bedanken prinses Beatrix ** translation **

** defensie.nl: Krijgsmacht bedankt prinses Beatrix voor betrokkenheid (video) ** translation **

A well deserved thank you for the Princess by the Forces indeed!

Remarkeble Lady!

imagegen.aspx

Courtesy AVDD / Royal House website.

Standing there as if nothing ever happened and she never fractured anything nor had an operation a week ago..

Hello everyone, I'm a new royalfan in this forum. My favourite royal is princess Beatrix. I think she is a very lovely, intelligent and admirable woman with strong loyalty.
I'm happy to see she is "back in business" after her fall and cheek operation. But somehow I feel sad because the look in her eyes is not her look. The look in her eyes is very sad and tired and... not clear. Sadness because of loosing her son, maybe because of adjusting to a new role as a pensioner. Tired and not clear because of painkillers? :sad: How do you feel about it?

All of the above.It has been an eventful year....Her husband long gone, a child dead, her retirement, her accident all bring home her age and depression can creep in for seniors, even ones who have had a very full and active life, many times.

Yes indeed and I think that especially if you have had a busy and full calendar in your prior life, to calm down and learn to be with yourself can be really difficult. And then you have time for memories... good and painful ones.
Today princess Beatrix attended the religious wedding of Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme and Princess Viktoria de Bourbon de Parme Cservenyak, and she looks happy again! :heart:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2013/PPE13100531.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see her so radiant. It makes you wonder though... is she in love? ;)

Princess Beatrix attended the opening of the exhibition "Petra. Miracle in the desert" at the Museum of Antiquities in Leiden today, October 8. Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan of Jordan was present as well.

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

** stadtiel.nl: Beatrix voelt zich thuis in Leids museum ** translation **

How lovely to see her back to her lovely smiling self. I was upset to see her looking rather somber on her first outing after coming out of hospital.

You can't keep this lady down for long. :flowers:

Princess Beatrix attended the final chord of the European project "Requiem for Auschwitz" in Tilburg today, October 30:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

I am glad that the princess stays active. She promissed as much when she announced her abdication of course. It must be nice to be able to support her son for a few years. Until Amalia finishes her studies the RF may be a bit short handed as Constantijn and Laurentien will stay in Brussels.

The orphanage was founded in 1613 by Countess Maria of Nassau, eldest daughter of William the Silent and his 1st wife Css Anna van Egmond and Buren. The RF has (or had) as one of their titles count/countess of Buren and use(d) the title/name as their incognito.

Princess Beatrix was supposed to go there earlier, but it was postponed as she fell and broke her cheekbone a few weeks or months ago.

Last edited:
I am glad that the princess stays active. She promissed as much when she announced her abdication of course. It must be nice to be able to support her son for a few years.

I deeply hope she will (and will be able) to keep that promise, it's always so heartwarming and nice to see her again!

Today, November 8, Princess Beatrix attended the fall conference "Woman 1813-1913-2013" of the Dutch Royal Historical Society in Den Haag and visited the exhibition which connects to the conference.

** anp gallery **

I deeply hope she will (and will be able) to keep that promise, it's always so heartwarming and nice to see her again!

Today, November 8, Princess Beatrix attended the fall conference "Woman 1813-1913-2013" of the Dutch Royal Historical Society in Den Haag and visited the exhibition which connects to the conference.

** anp gallery **

She looks fanytastic...again!We really can take pride in having her among us and I hope for many many more years to come!

And right after this she will attend the lunch hosted by The King and Queen for the visiting Royal Couple from Belgium.

This afternoon the Princess will attend the 100th Dies Natalis of the Erasmus University Rotterdam,a busy day for the Princess!And when the girls come to stay with granny for the night because mommy & daddy are having dinner at uncle Vladimir's...Grandmama might call it a day!...grin..

Last edited:
"Uncle" Vladimir doesn't that good ..;)

Here are some pics of the mentioned attendance at the Dies Natalis today:

** anp gallery **

"Uncle" Vladimir doesn't that good ..;)

Here are some pics of the mentioned attendance at the Dies Natalis today:

** anp gallery **

Naughty uncle Vladimir would be better yes...agreed!

But look how wonderfull the Princess is,again!After a function in the morning,the lunch at Noordeinde with TM and the Dies Natalis of the Alma Mater of her late son Friso_One of his Alma Maters,the other being the Technical University at Delft but at both resulted with a Cum Laude.At the Erasmus with Economy and at Delft with Aeronautics & Aerospace...he did that simultaniously...Imagine that!!..But I wander off,sorry...But I think his dear mother must have had her thoughts back there for a short while,maybe a split second or two...Sad and proud!

Princess Beatrix at the opening of the exhibition ‘’Katinka van Rood, royal sculptress’’ at palace het Loo in Apeldoorn. November 9, 2013

PPE Agency

But I think his dear mother must have had her thoughts back there for a short while,maybe a split second or two...Sad and proud!

I can imagine that as well, she must have felt that connection at this special place..

Here are some more pics and a video of today's Katinka van Rood exhibition opening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

** refdagl.nl: Prinses Beatrix bekijkt tentoonstelling met werk uit eigen verzameling (fotoserie) and nos.nl video **

Later today Beatrix attended the jubilee symposium "From warehouse to house sermon" on the occasion of the 425th anniversary of the Lutheran city of Amsterdam.

** refdag.nl gallery: Prinses Beatrix bij jubileumsymposium Lutherse gemeente Amsterdam (fotoserie) ** anp gallery **

Last edited:

Princess Beatrix has attended the 20th "Anatomy Lesson" at the Royal Concertgebouw in Amsterdam today, November 14:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery *

Last edited:

Princess Beatrix has opened the new construction of the St. Antonius Hospital in Utrecht today, November 15:

Last edited:

Princess Beatrix attended the celebration of the 125th anniversary of ARCADIS and Royal Dutch Heidemaatschappij in Amsterdam today, November 20, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom