Princess Beatrix, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - April 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

On her third and final day on the island of Sint Maarten today, May 22, Beatrix attended a Kingdom Youth Parliament debate at the University of Sint Maarten.

** Pic ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Princess Beatrix opened the new location of The Bridge Foundation in Oud-Beijerland today, May 27. The foundation aims to help young people with psychiatric or psychosocial problems.

** anp gallery **

Princess Beatrix opened the exhibition 'Royal Gifts' at the new Dutch Silver Museum in Schoonhoven today, June 5, 2014:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

Princess Beatrix opened an exhibition on the life and work of Joep Nicolas at the Cuypers house in Roermond this afternoon, June 10, 2014:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Princess Beatrix launched the National Garden Week at the St. Agatha's Square in Delft today, June 11:

Last edited:

Princess Beatrix attended the ceremony of the Pritzker Architecture Prize 2014 at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam this evening, June 13:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

Princess Beatrix attended the International Dressage Grand Prix Special in Rotterdam yesterday, June 20, 2014, enthusiastically supporting rider and horse from the Netherlands :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

Princess Beatrix attended the opening of the European congress "Post-Polio Syndrome – A condition without boundaries’" at the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam this morning, June 25:

Princess Beatrix attended the celebrations for the 200th anniversary of the Dutch Bible Society in Utrecht on June 28, 2014:

It's great to see Beatrix attending another event - I do miss seeing her out and about!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm not sure if there is a separate thread about royal make-up. I have noticed that Beatrix matches her eye make-up with the colour of her outfits she wears and so far I have seen red, purple, blue and brown eye-shadow on her. I am now seeking a closer look at yellow and green outfits she has worn!! Do many people do this matching I wonder?

Nice that Beatrix was there, in the past her father was very involved with the society.

The ´Engelandvaarders´ were the -usually young- people who went to England during the second world war to help to fight the Nazi´s. They were sometimes able to provide the English with information about the Germans in the country. As it was illegal many were arrested at sea and shot, many others were captured during their missions in Europe. In England they were usually received by Queen Wilhelmina, who supposedly enjoyed tese meetings a lot as she had the idea finally to meet ´real´ people instead of the usual officials and courtiers. Supposedly she learned quite a few words of slang, which her embarrassed staff had to explain to her.

Last edited:
Good to see how active Princess Beatrix still is.

Princess Beatrix opened the exhibition pavillon "The Netherlands and World War I" at the estate Huis Doorn, the former house of Emperor Wilhelm II. today, September 4:

And in the evening Beatrix attended the dance performance "Free To Move" in Den Haag that was a special benefit evening for the fight against neuromuscular diseases:

Last edited:
Last edited:

Yesterday, September 10, Princess Beatrix received a copy of a new book about the 50 years of the Alouette search and rescue helicopter by the Royal Air Force at Palace Noordeinde in Den Haag.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Beatrix opened the exhibition pavillon "The Netherlands and World War I" at the estate Huis Doorn, the former house of Emperor Wilhelm II. today, September 4:

In retrospect, how do Dutch historians feel about the Kaiser's exile in the Netherlands after World War I ? Is that a controversial topic ?

In retrospect, how do Dutch historians feel about the Kaiser's exile in the Netherlands after World War I ? Is that a controversial topic ?

A lot of people don't know, I suppose.
People who aren't historians don't really care, they probably don't know, so they don't care.
I actually don't know what historians think of this.. So I can't help you with that, only with what the Dutchin general think of this exile.

It is not a controversial topic. The Netherlands were not in war with the German Empire, Queen Wilhelmina and Emperor Wilhelm were related (the Emperor was Prince of Orange as well, since the usage of that old title is divided between the two Houses). The Queen was confronted with a fait accompli. The Emperor was already in the Netherlands, waiting on a railway station near Maastricht. What could the Government or the Queen do? Throwing him out?

The Emperor was given provisionary access and travelled to Amerongen Castle, home to the Count Godard van Aldenburg-Bentinck. The family had a German and a British branch and the elder brother of Count Godard had received the Emperor and Empress on Middachten Castle in 1909, so there were personal contacts between the host and the guest.

The reception was warm. In the memoires by the Emperor's Aide-de-Camp, Sigurd von Ilsemann (Der Kaiser in Nederland, page 48) one can read: At eight o'clock we were summoned at Amerongen Castle: a wonderful and great house. The Count with his three sons, his brother, the Mayor -Jonkheer van Weede-, the Queen's Commissioner -Count van Lynden van Sandenburg-. All in white tie, the Count's daughter, her cousin and a chaperonne in evening toilet. The table was loaded with silverware and flowers, the diner had lots of courses and plenty of great wines.

:flowers:

Pic: Amerongen Castle, exterior: http://www.buitenplaatsamerongen.nl...andgoed_Buitenplaats_en_Kasteel_Amerongen.jpg

Pic: Amerongen Castle, interior: dining room http://www.kasteelamerongen.nl/afb/_800/Interieur_Eetkamer.jpg

Max van der Stoel was a former minister of foreign affairs and minister of state. He convinced Máxima's father to stay away from the wedding in 2002. I interviewed him for my thesis a few years ago, shortly before he died. A wonderful man, and a friend of P. Claus. Very appropriate that a human rights prize is named for him. And nice that Beatrix sill is involved.

Princess Beatrix opened the exhibition "Magic Africa, masks and statues from the Ivory coast" at the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam today, October 23:

Princess Beatrix attended the annual Wapendag of the Royal Military Police in Apeldoorn today, October 24. This year's theme is the 200th anniversary of the Royal Military Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom